BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

07-10-2009, 12:12 PM   #1
Shogun1122
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '20 X3M Comp

7 Series GT?

I did a quick search on here and didn't see anything about it so i thought i would post.

I am sure that i saw BMW testing one here in town. I have found that they have a lot of test vehicles here. I have seen everything from the E90 M3 to the hybrid X6 before they have come out.

So today i see the this huge sedan/wagon thing at the light as i am crossing the street. It looks just like the 5 series gt but is clearly the size of a 7 series.

Now i don't know how everyone feels about the look of the GT cars but i dont like them. So as i get to the other side of the street I see that his window is down.

So I say to him "Hey, Tell BMW not to do it, it's ugly"

He says back "Its a test car, it won't come out for two years."

I say to him "I know, I have seen pictures. Its still ugly."

He then laughs and drives off. It was light hearted and I think he knew that.

Now this is only my opinion but i think that all the GT series cars are ugly, I am sure some wont agree with me and that is fine.

Just thought i would let everyone know that they are prob going to make a 7 series GT
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 09:34 PM   #2
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

Heck no!! (I hope)
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2009, 10:40 AM   #3
hotrod2448
grand poobah
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, F10 535i

Garage List
2011 335d  [0.00]
Yeah, I don't get the GT's either. I guess I can see why they don't want to do the sexy 4 door coupe land be accused of being behind what other manufacturers are doing but, I don't see making an ugly weird looking car as a positive alternative.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2009, 06:06 PM   #4
Ace7
Rep
Drives: AW E65/JB E92 M3

BMW are planning more GT cars ahead, including the 6 and 7 series GT (CS), and the rummoured 3 GT. The 3 and 5 GT will surely be different from the 6 and 7 series GT. In a recent BMW meeting, they discussed bringing the Concept CS back after being cancelled. The concept cs is already in the middle of development and it'd be a major lost of investments to cancel the project. Be assured that the 7 series GT will not have a "aztec" looking back but a real GranTourer like the Concept CS. There are also plans to bring a 6 series GT into production but that was before the revival of the Concept CS project. Who knows, the 6 series GT might also make it into production.

What you saw was probably the 5 series GT hybrid being tested. The 5 series GT is a very deceiving car in terms of looks, it looks bigger in real life than in pictures.
Appreciate 0