BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

02-05-2014, 05:01 PM   #23
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick the Greek View Post
I hope that you're wrong and the Russian government is more successful than the US government in protecting from terrorism.
Sochi is very close to Chechnya and Dagestan, both of which are hotbeds for terrorist activity. Don't forget, the Boston Marathon bombers were from Dagestan. Volgograd was just hit twice in one week and that's also not far from Sochi. No country is terrorist-proof, but Russia does seem to be seeing a spike in activity, much of which is home-grown.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 07:44 PM   #24
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Volograd is further from Sochi than Paris is from Berlin by about 100km. If the Olympics were being held in Berlin and there were bombings in Paris, no one would worry about security in Berlin. But since this is all the same country, folks are understandably concerned. Russia will get over being embarrassed with all the snafus and poor facilities. But this thing with terrorists is personal to Putin. If the Chechan nutcases pull off a strike under his nose, he'll never live it down. And there will be hell to pay.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 06:44 AM   #25
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
We seem to be superior in sucking at pretty much everything these days. Last I checked we're not even in the top 20 when it comes to science, math, and reading. We are still number one in delusion though.
You must be one of those non-mullet wearing, unamerican guidos I see on that damn Jersey Shore show on the Music Television channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick the Greek View Post
I don't hate you Billup, I love the US. Every time I travelled to the US everyone was very welcoming.
And after all, we managed to dump Piers Morgan on you......

All fun and games. UK is great, full of life. I will say though Amsterdam is by far one of the coolest places I have to been to, to date.

Also, if you would kindly take Piers Morgan back and allow us to have Kate Beckinsale and more importantly Holly Willoughby , we'd like the UK that much more.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 09:10 AM   #26
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Russia will get over being embarrassed with all the snafus and poor facilities. But this thing with terrorists is personal to Putin. If the Chechan nutcases pull off a strike under his nose, he'll never live it down. And there will be hell to pay.
What are you talking about? He was in power for Dubrovka Theater, Beslan School, a Moscow metro bombing in 2003, two in 2004, another in 2010, the simultaneous downing of two passenger planes in 2004, and most recently two bombings in Volgograd. I think they've pulled off quite a few under his nose.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 09:58 AM   #27
4corners
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Jet Black M3 Coupe

Garage List
Russia did warn us of the Boston Marathon bomber and we essentially ignored the intelligence. Add less law constraint there and I think it'll be ok. Atlanta there was a bombing too. We're not perfect.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 10:26 AM   #28
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
What are you talking about? He was in power for Dubrovka Theater, Beslan School, a Moscow metro bombing in 2003, two in 2004, another in 2010, the simultaneous downing of two passenger planes in 2004, and most recently two bombings in Volgograd. I think they've pulled off quite a few under his nose.
All true. But he wasn't trying to protect those areas and the vast majority of deaths were Russian common folk. It's a whole different story when international athletes are involved. Hundreds of people die each week in bombings in Iraq. They get a two paragraph note in some newspapers. Compare that to the ongoing uproar and coverage over the Boston Marathon bombings. We don't generally care about terrorist incidents in other countries until/unless Americans are involved. The incidents you mentioned don't necessarily make Putin look bad on the world stage. An incident at the Olympics will.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 11:06 AM   #29
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
All true. But he wasn't trying to protect those areas and the vast majority of deaths were Russian common folk. It's a whole different story when international athletes are involved. Hundreds of people die each week in bombings in Iraq. They get a two paragraph note in some newspapers. Compare that to the ongoing uproar and coverage over the Boston Marathon bombings. We don't generally care about terrorist incidents in other countries until/unless Americans are involved. The incidents you mentioned don't necessarily make Putin look bad on the world stage. An incident at the Olympics will.
ding, ding!

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 11:35 AM   #30
soniczoom5
S65 FTW!!!
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 BMW M3 Silverstone

Garage List
2014 Mercedes  [0.00]
2020 X5 M50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Third world countries like Russia should not be allowed to host an Olympics. Nothing but bad reports coming out of Socchi. Poor facilities, dangerous event venues, mass stray dog exterminations, corruption, etc, etc. Russia spent more money on this Olympics than all other Olympics combined, and it's still a shithole. I hope they at least get the security right.
agreed; here's a simple fix; only let the US host the Olympics; done
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 07:57 PM   #31
AndreyT
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan, Sport

This Olympics is not just a massive win for Russia as the current leader of the Free World, it the entire new concept of win. The opening ceremony left the World in silent awe. And what we have seen so far just took the whole idea of Olympics to the new level. Unbelievable, just unbelievable! One can argue whether it was worth spending this kind of money on such an event, but nobody argues with the fact that the result just blew past anything that we ever saw before. And the quality of the coverage of the actual Olympic events... it is like 22nd century already.

Unfortunately but expectedly, the only thing that we hear in the aforementioned silence is American douchebags trying to outfart each other in their futile attempts of whoring for attention. It is the inherent property of such events as Olympics is that they expose sixth world failures like USA for what they are. What massively contributed to that epic failure is that inbred morons at NBC misjudged the situation. Right now are trying to eat crow while having at least a hundred feet in their mouths. A new American sport? No, an old one.

But it is always funny to observe though, how the internal propaganda of the US regime backfires (or, probably more appropriately, backfarts) into their own faces every time they attempt to take it outside their cells I have it on good authority that the latest proposal kicked around in the committee is to include "douchebaggery" as the new Winter Olympic discipline to help the American team to improve their medal standings. The primary objection though is that it might inflate the size of the US Olympic team to 95% of the country's entire population and blow a major hole in the world supplies of silver to make the medals. (Why silver? To paraphrase the popular anecdote, the most douchey douchebag wins the second place in douchebag contest because he's... well... because he's a douchebag.)

"Poor facilities, dangerous event venues, mass stray dog exterminations..." Yeah, right... http://gossipsochi.com

People around the world are putting their socks, boots or pine cones onto those smelly American holes to get them to shut up already. The trend has caught up among the human population of USA as well. But apparently there's just too many holes and too little pine cones.

We all understand your envy though. You live in 19th century dump. And right now it feels like 17th century. Quite a step backwards, huh? But don't be cross with the world, this too shall pass.

On a less festive note, I don't know why the Free World keeps giving the US regime these chances of reintegration into human society. Why does the Free World keep pulling this backwater wasteland by its ears with it? "Olympic spirit" perhaps? But that's just naive. We all know that it is not going to happen. That cesspool will just continue to leak on permanent basis.

Last edited by AndreyT; 02-11-2014 at 08:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 08:33 PM   #32
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyT View Post
This Olympics is not just a massive win for Russia as the current leader of the Free World, it the entire new concept of win. The opening ceremony left the World in silent awe.
really !?!?

you mean when the entire nation felt embarrassed and incompetent during the opening ceremony where the stupid Olympic Ring didn't fully open up !?!?

if so, you are correct, we are all in awe of how the Russians perform on the big stage
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 08:42 PM   #33
AndreyT
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
you mean when the entire nation felt embarrassed and incompetent during the opening ceremony where the stupid Olympic Ring didn't fully open up !?!?
LOL! Let me tell you a little secret: nobody gives a flying squirrel about that stupid ring.

But you know that already This is exactly why you felt so embarrassed and incompetent when you started your traditional American "dancing in the streets" because of that ring, and people around you started giving you "those" looks. And that is exactly why now you, hurt and lonely, crawl the most douchey corners of the Net trying to find those losers who are as "special" as you in that regard.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 08:47 PM   #34
okusa
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3 - SSII

Quote:
Third world countries like Russia should not be allowed to host an Olympics. Nothing but bad reports coming out of Socchi. Poor facilities, dangerous event venues, mass stray dog exterminations, corruption, etc, etc. Russia spent more money on this Olympics than all other Olympics combined, and it's still a shithole. I hope they at least get the security right.
They didn't spend more money. Putin put together a budget with grossly inflated figures and sweetheart deals for his constructions buddies for projects that never materialized. Total joke.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 09:01 PM   #35
AndreyT
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by okusa View Post
They didn't spend more money. Putin put together a budget with grossly inflated figures and sweetheart deals for his constructions buddies
Oh, yeah, things like this happen in Russia too. Not on US scale, but they also happen. It is called "halliburtoning" in the Free World. (You know, as in "they halliburtoned some money from the American public".) It is when, for example, a US company uses taxpayer's money to build a "hospital" in the middle of almost inaccessible Afghan desert. Nobody can possibly reach that hospital. Nobody actually knows about it. Needless to say, nobody staffs the "hospital" itself. The "hospital" falls apart and disappears a month weeks later, but the money is already in the right pockets.

And, of course, you are forgetting the inconvenient fact that Russia by a large margin is the richest and the most expensive place in the world. Things just naturally cost more there. You know, just like a small house in California const more than five mansions in North Carolina. USA, being a third world country, simply can't afford this sort of grandeur, which is why it looks too expensive to you. Hence this massive amount of jealousy and butthurt among the US losers that the World has the dubious pleasure to observe with disgust right now in various Internet forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okusa View Post
for projects that never materialized. Total joke.
No, no, no... You are confused. You are trying to project American halliburtoning you are so used to onto Russian halliburtoning. But there's are minor yet important differences.

In Russia halliburtoning is done domestically. Which means that the project always materializes. Sochi is a great example of that. And it should, since when it happens at home, it is easy to keep an eye on. This is actually why US crooks prefer to halliburton money on overseas projects mostly. The project fails to materialize, but no one knows! Clever, huh! It is just easier to steal money when you do it far from the public.

Domestic halliburtoning in USA happens too, and by the same scheme as in Russia though. San Francisco Bay Bridge is the most recent example that comes to mind, but they are abundant across the country.

And no, even though they massively overcharge in Russia, they actually spend a lot of the money. This is another minor difference between the Russia and USA in that regard. In Russia such projects result in massive windfall of money to everyone involved, all the way to the last window cleaner. In USA most of the money tend to get "stuck" at the upper levels of hierarchy, with bottom layers getting only "nominal" pay.

And, of course, there's that little difference that American crooks prefer to hide their halliburtoning by creating a nose screen out of murdering massive amounts of people. I mean, who'd worry about some money in a situation like that, right? Works like a charm. Tends to give the USA the status of a pariah shithole of the world, but who cares when you have money in your pocket!

In Russia they prefer to build roads and Olympic objects instead.

Last edited by AndreyT; 02-11-2014 at 10:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 11:05 PM   #36
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
LOL! Let me tell you a little secret: nobody gives a flying squirrel about that stupid ring.
only people who feel it was another black eye on the already shitfaced terrain called Russia would say something like that...

trying to hide a nation's failures by saying you don't care about them is very elementary...

thanks for posting though....
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 11:06 PM   #37
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

what country do you live in and why? your info says north carolina, have they become a russian territory?

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 11:19 PM   #38
AndreyT
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
what country do you live in and why? your info says north carolina, have they become a russian territory?
Firstly, my info says Northern California, not Carolina. Secondly, I'm not from Russia, if that's what you are implying. So, what is your remark about "Russian territory" is supposed to mean is not exactly clear to me. Thirdly, I don't "live" in California, I work in California. As for why... I'm a software developer. Software developers happen to work in Silicon Valley.

P.S. Go Domracheva!!!

Last edited by AndreyT; 02-12-2014 at 12:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 11:24 PM   #39
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

yep reading comprehension bad on my part. you did also refer to houses in north carolina and thats why i saw northern in your info and just jumped to that. so why all the love for the much better off and loved russians then if you arent from there?

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 11:59 PM   #40
AndreyT
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
trying to hide a nation's failures by saying you don't care about them is very elementary...
No, you silly little pumpkin I don't know how to explain it so that even you'd understand... Let me use an allegory (maybe that will work). It is a bit gross, but I believe that that very "grossness" is what might help to get the point across, especially among people of your cultural level.

Imagine a bunch of students that decided to play a prank on one of their fellow co-eds. They urinated into his Mountain Dew bottle, sealed it up and put it in the fridge. And every one is in on it, except, of course, for the victim. Some students are giggling and waiting for the "moment of truth" to arrive, glowing with anticipation. Others see it as an extremely stupid thing to do. And some of them might even sorta-kinda try to derail the prank in some indirect passive way, since none of them wants to step forward and say it openly. You know, peer pressure. Nobody wants to be a rat. And finally there is that guy who's just above all that. He steps forward and flat out tells the victim that his Mountain Dew is now urine.

So, you see, you are the guy who's holding a bottle of what you think is Mountain Dew in your hand. And I'm that guy who is flat out warning you that this is urine. You know, I'm doing a charitable thing. I'm trying to help you, because I assume that you don't want to drink someone's urine. And I also happen to be the guy who doesn't give a flying squirrel about what these moron pranksters will think about me afterwards. I'm basically a saint, your guardian angel of the moment, if you will.

And in response, you are just telling me that you actually like urine, opening the bottle and drinking it all, savoring every drop. I won't deny - I'm a bit surprised, but I just say "whatever", turn around and go about my business.

Now, returning to our topic: this whole retardfest among the American losers about the Russian Olympics quickly developed into those epic losers guzzling urine from a firehose with the whole world pointing fingers at them and laughing. So, I'm just checking if the business end of that firehose is really where you want to be right now. Apparently it is. Carry on then, I guess...

Last edited by AndreyT; 02-12-2014 at 12:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 01:17 AM   #41
schoy
Major
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red E90 M3

Quote:
And, of course, you are forgetting the inconvenient fact that Russia by a large margin is the richest and the most expensive place in the world.
I'll bite. Prove it.

Edit: You will also have to define "rich" and "expensive".
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 06:45 AM   #42
martini
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Guys, I think Andrey is right. The Sochi Olympics are by far the best Olympics ever. I mean right from the start, they won the bid to host fair and square, aside from news that the largest heroin kingpin in the world bought them
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/allege...ry?id=22295531

Andrey, go back to Russia!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 06:57 AM   #43
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Now, returning to our topic: this whole retardfest among the American losers about the Russian Olympics quickly developed into those epic losers guzzling urine from a firehose with the whole world pointing fingers at them and laughing. So, I'm just checking if the business end of that firehose is really where you want to be right now. Apparently it is. Carry on then, I guess...
I'm pleasantly surprised to see your disgust for Americans. I do suppose that hatred is the most sincere form of flattery and jealousy. I mean, its not our fault Russia is in a shit hole state compared to the USA. The little ring that didn't open up..., I'm pretty sure we could have dropped that whole mechanical set up on a class of first graders and yielded results.

You should really consider leaving Northern California for a country that better suits your needs...., you seem to love Russia?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 06:59 AM   #44
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
LOL. This guy again...

Appreciate 0