BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

09-23-2013, 08:15 PM   #1
osxcode
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: The M's

Question Tire Pressure Monitor and Tire Settings Question

Ok, I searched on this and didn't come up with the answer, so don't kill me if it has been hashed out already.

My Tire Pressure Monitor warning came up today to check not one but all of the tires, so I did. The tire pressure is set quite high, 35psi in the front, 36psi in the rear.

The label on the door jam reads a setting of 32psi front and 33psi rear.

My other 750LI has the same setting. Should I lower the tire pressures and set a the recommendations of the factory label ?

2016 BMW X5 ///M
2016 BMW M4 ///M Convertible

aLatteHotte - www.aLatteHotte.com - The Future of Coffee
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #2
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

Sir
I now realize that since you asked this question on your other thread, that you were serious.
I use the door jam as a guide. I put about 2psi higher than posted. You should be fine. 1 or 2 psi should not change the ride. 5 psi one should notice a softer ride. Enjoy your 7-7-7.
The polar trim with unique grains is really rich and adds much depth.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2013, 04:26 PM   #3
skypx
Veteran U.S. Army
Germany
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by osxcode View Post
Ok, I searched on this and didn't come up with the answer, so don't kill me if it has been hashed out already.

My Tire Pressure Monitor warning came up today to check not one but all of the tires, so I did. The tire pressure is set quite high, 35psi in the front, 36psi in the rear.

The label on the door jam reads a setting of 32psi front and 33psi rear.

My other 750LI has the same setting. Should I lower the tire pressures and set a the recommendations of the factory label ?
If it were my car I would set the recommended values (invest in an accurate digital tire pressure gauge) after reading the manual to ensure it's the same as what's on the car. Then I would reset the TPM in the iDrive. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2013, 04:35 PM   #4
osxcode
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: The M's

Thank You for the heads up, all of my cars had different pressures. I set them all to what was on the label and reset the TPM. I supposed I could go up by two PSI but Im happy with the ride quality so far, just couldn't figure out why they would be super-inflated from the dealer.... Don't they usually under-inflate the tires so that they wear out sooner? :P

2016 BMW X5 ///M
2016 BMW M4 ///M Convertible

aLatteHotte - www.aLatteHotte.com - The Future of Coffee
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 06:54 AM   #5
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by osxcode
Thank You for the heads up, all of my cars had different pressures. I set them all to what was on the label and reset the TPM. I supposed I could go up by two PSI but Im happy with the ride quality so far, just couldn't figure out why they would be super-inflated from the dealer.... Don't they usually under-inflate the tires so that they wear out sooner? :P
I set all four tires to the rear tire specification listed on the door Jamb.

I don't like it when the front tires are softer.
Appreciate 0