BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

10-25-2016, 06:44 PM   #23
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraven
^^^
Interesting

In any case, I'm personally easy to please in terms of car audio so any branded sound system is superb for me (and anything that has less than six speakers is crap haha)

However
AFAIK, I think the audiophile community believes that Bowers & Wilkins is better than Bang & Olufsen. In any case, based on the reviews of B&W systems used by Volvo and Maserati, I think I can understand why. Either way, HARMAN still wins haha

By the way, speaking of Rolls Royce, what is the sound system used in the Rolls Royce Wraith Black Badge???

Is it a HARMAN sound system? Or does Rolls Royce make their own in-house audio system?
Yes mostly Harman with DIRAC DSP. The systems are not all the same however. BMW Bowers & Wilkins is not the same as the Volvo or Maserati system. DIRAC offers several options for DSP as well. Some choose only one, while others implement multiple options.

The Ghost, Wraith, and Dawn Bespoke Audio System was developed in house and supplied to specification by Harman and its Subsidiaries. The development was over two years and involved clients from the music industry. Every interior material and combination of had to be approved by the audio engineers first. It's 1300w, 16 speakers, plus 2 exciter speakers in the headliner unique to the car to prevent any loss of quality or unwanted interference. To cap it all off, active noise cancellation is installed to filter external noise rather than manipulation of the music output.

The Phantom uses a different system (Lexicon/Harman) which isn't that impressive beyond its 26 speaker count.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 03:45 PM   #24
JET500
Rep
Drives: BMW M760Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET500 View Post
The dealer has to request the slot from BMW. I placed my order at the end of the day yesterday so the dealer hopes to confirm the delivery date on Monday. I am hoping it will be late this year or very early next year!
My dealer has told me today that he expects my M760Li to be ready for delivery in the second week of January. Only a few more weeks to wait!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2017, 03:01 AM   #25
JET500
Rep

M760Li delivered!

Last night I took delivery of my M760Li and I can confirm that it is a very special car! I love the 7 series (I exchanged my 1 year old 730d) but the new M760 is another level. The expected the performance to be amazing but I also love the noise, the styling and all the toys! The ultimate daily driver in my view.

I can't wait to go for another drive this morning!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2017, 09:49 AM   #26
KQF
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 730d M Sing Grey, Mocha

Quote:
Last night I took delivery of my M760Li and I can confirm that it is a very special car! I love the 7 series (I exchanged my 1 year old 730d) but the new M760 is another level. The expected the performance to be amazing but I also love the noise, the styling and all the toys! The ultimate daily driver in my view.

I can't wait to go for another drive this morning!
Congrats man, great choice

Very jealous..
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2017, 04:22 AM   #27
KQF
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 730d M Sing Grey, Mocha

Would be good to see pictures?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2017, 10:44 AM   #28
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQF View Post
What this person said....
      01-06-2017, 02:32 PM   #29
JET500
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQF View Post
Each time I try, the Bimmerpost app crashes on my phone!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2017, 06:01 AM   #30
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

Quote:
Each time I try, the Bimmerpost app crashes on my phone!

Hey,I don't use that app at all . Just try Opera or Firefox this is what I do and works very well
      01-08-2017, 03:12 AM   #31
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraven
^^^
Interesting

In any case, I'm personally easy to please in terms of car audio so any branded sound system is superb for me (and anything that has less than six speakers is crap haha)

However
AFAIK, I think the audiophile community believes that Bowers & Wilkins is better than Bang & Olufsen. In any case, based on the reviews of B&W systems used by Volvo and Maserati, I think I can understand why. Either way, HARMAN still wins haha

By the way, speaking of Rolls Royce, what is the sound system used in the Rolls Royce Wraith Black Badge???

[IMG]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...b92fdaae60.jpg[/IMG]

Is it a HARMAN sound system? Or does Rolls Royce make their own in-house audio system?
Yes mostly Harman with DIRAC DSP. The systems are not all the same however. BMW Bowers & Wilkins is not the same as the Volvo or Maserati system. DIRAC offers several options for DSP as well. Some choose only one, while others implement multiple options.

The Ghost, Wraith, and Dawn Bespoke Audio System was developed in house and supplied to specification by Harman and its Subsidiaries. The development was over two years and involved clients from the music industry. Every interior material and combination of had to be approved by the audio engineers first. It's 1300w, 16 speakers, plus 2 exciter speakers in the headliner unique to the car to prevent any loss of quality or unwanted interference. To cap it all off, active noise cancellation is installed to filter external noise rather than manipulation of the music output.

The Phantom uses a different system (Lexicon/Harman) which isn't that impressive beyond its 26 speaker count.
Gotta say the DIRAC in my E70 X5M is pretty crappy though.

Not impressed with NAIM in the Bentley either, haven't heard the system in Rolls though.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2017, 12:18 AM   #32
jackaleyess
Lieutenant
Malaysia
Rep
Drives: 2011 528i M-sport (sold), 2018

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by journeyguy
What's the base price ? Is the ordering guide out yet?
GBP 132,720

Equally equipped Alpina B7L - GBP 134,815
Wow.. im amazed at the price you guys are paying. But where I am from, one of your former colonial land. We pay double what u guys are paying. GBP 135k is really cheap. ?