BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

03-03-2024, 07:01 AM   #1
BMW=No$$$
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 750xi

2011 750 Smoking

New Beamer owner and new member to the forum, thanks for your patience in advance.

I recently picked up a 750xi (I think) from a friend who was going to let it go to Carvana for $1,500 due to it smoking. After getting all that sorted I brought the car home and have found that it only seems to smoke once warm and after idling. I'm assuming that this is the dreaded valve seal issue but wanted to check with the experts.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated, I love the car and it has no other issues that I'm aware of outside of a broken rear spring on the passenger side.

Thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 06:45 PM   #2
JellyStyle
Builder of Special Cars
Rep
Drives: G12 B7,F02 750li,E70 X5M,E46M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW=No$$$ View Post
New Beamer owner and new member to the forum, thanks for your patience in advance.

I recently picked up a 750xi (I think) from a friend who was going to let it go to Carvana for $1,500 due to it smoking. After getting all that sorted I brought the car home and have found that it only seems to smoke once warm and after idling. I'm assuming that this is the dreaded valve seal issue but wanted to check with the experts.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated, I love the car and it has no other issues that I'm aware of outside of a broken rear spring on the passenger side.

Thanks guys
google it, valve seals and motor will need 10k of parts over the next 5 years.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2024, 07:54 AM   #3
BMW=No$$$
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 750xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyStyle View Post
google it, valve seals and motor will need 10k of parts over the next 5 years.
Super encouraging! I know they have a plethora of issues, I was hoping for a good starting point to resolve the current problem. So where would you start? Or sell it and move on?
Appreciate 0