BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

09-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #1
powerguy2012
Rep
Drives: 750 li

problem with starting engine in my f02

hi all ,

i recently bought bmw 750 li , the car have milage 34,000 km and its still under dealer warranty till 100,000 km ,

everything seems fine with the car except this problem with starting engine, which in sometimes ( most cases actually ) i need to press the start engine bottun twice to start the engine,

usually when i press it for 1st time it try to start the engine but seems the power isnt strong enough , note popup ignition is switched on ! and everything work light-screen , when i press it second time the engine do start.

i took the car recently to dealer for other problems and i mentioned the start engine issue , they told me that they have replaced the alternator and battery and did some programming and everything should be fine ,

now when i recieved the car from them other problems seems to have dissapeard ( transmittion fault-abs- battery discharge ) all these notes dissapeard but the start engine problem still present,

the 1st owner of the car told me that he faced this problem since the day he bought the car and dealer told him several time that they checked the car and it seems to be fine,

i just need to know how to solve the problem and is this indicate a bigger problem inside?

sorry for the long explination i just need to know what should i do because the car is under warranty but they keep taking it for 3-4 days everyweek and when i recieve it the same problem excist !
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2012, 09:33 PM   #2
Tfk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Citrin Black M3

change low and/or high pressure fuel pump.
change fuel pump sensor.
change dme

if the problem still exists, trade it in for the facelift; or another car.

...dealer having my car 3-4 days of every week would push me overboard.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 04:18 AM   #3
powerguy2012
Rep

well if i went to law they will stand by my side to trade the car?

or they might say its simple issue and isnt worth a trade?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 06:02 AM   #4
powerguy2012
Rep

i spoke with servce manager just now and he checked the car history and told me that they changed alternator and battery which is irrelevant to my issue and they need to check the fuel pump, i will give them last shot before demanding a new car :P
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 01:21 AM   #5
Doktor Valter
Rep
Drives: Bmw 7

wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerguy2012 View Post
hi all ,

i recently bought bmw 750 li , the car have milage 34,000 km and its still under dealer warranty till 100,000 km ,

everything seems fine with the car except this problem with starting engine, which in sometimes ( most cases actually ) i need to press the start engine bottun twice to start the engine,

usually when i press it for 1st time it try to start the engine but seems the power isnt strong enough , note popup ignition is switched on ! and everything work light-screen , when i press it second time the engine do start.

i took the car recently to dealer for other problems and i mentioned the start engine issue , they told me that they have replaced the alternator and battery and did some programming and everything should be fine ,

now when i recieved the car from them other problems seems to have dissapeard ( transmittion fault-abs- battery discharge ) all these notes dissapeard but the start engine problem still present,

the 1st owner of the car told me that he faced this problem since the day he bought the car and dealer told him several time that they checked the car and it seems to be fine,

i just need to know how to solve the problem and is this indicate a bigger problem inside?

sorry for the long explination i just need to know what should i do because the car is under warranty but they keep taking it for 3-4 days everyweek and when i recieve it the same problem excist !
I propose to switch on only once the start button in order that the central unit can read from the sensors all the parameters as air temperature and others, then press the brake pedal, after a five-then seconds push again the start button.
Appreciate 0