BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

03-20-2018, 09:53 PM   #1
saifmassoud
Rep
Drives: Z4

here she comes....

2018 740i black sapphire metallic on Canberra a beige interior. And more to come.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 01:44 AM   #2
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

Congrats,
It looks like a hot night club
      03-21-2018, 02:51 AM   #3
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '16 G11 730d, '18 F33 420d Cab

Garage List
Congrats, nice G12. ^ Great pics of the ambient lighting.

I've seen a few US spec cars with this (what I assume is) 'safety tag' near the glove box / passenger airbag...is it just a warning for the airbag and children or what is that safety label? (don't think we have them in the UK as I've not seen them)...
      03-22-2018, 12:23 AM   #4
saifmassoud
Rep

More pics.....If you did NOT get the Panoramic Sky Lounge LED option you should cry, Just kidding
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 12:24 AM   #5
saifmassoud
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelo Cat View Post
Congrats, nice G12. ^ Great pics of the ambient lighting.

I've seen a few US spec cars with this (what I assume is) 'safety tag' near the glove box / passenger airbag...is it just a warning for the airbag and children or what is that safety label? (don't think we have them in the UK as I've not seen them)...
Yup, just a warning tag for the Airbags
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 12:25 AM   #6
saifmassoud
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivarox View Post
Congrats,
Sure does, thank you.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 06:52 AM   #7
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '16 G11 730d, '18 F33 420d Cab

Garage List
Loving the pics saifmassoud, ^ you must have turned up the ambient lighting all the way to maximum to get that kind of glow? Loving it though! (or a very long exposure?)

The sunroofs with the lighting is great...definitely be looking forward to that in the next 7...Can't get the lighting on the standard sunroof in a G11 unfortunately.

Welcome to the 7, and to the 7 subforum, great to have you here, please do continue to post and share your thoughts and joy of the new car!

That's quite a change coming from the Z4 to a 7! Mind me asking why the change? Although they are great to drive and feel quite small, the 7 must feel vary large compared to the Z4 (especially in width!)
      03-22-2018, 06:55 AM   #8
325_bucks
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

I do love my black interior but the one thing the carpet doesn't allow is nice bright illumination like that, love the way it looks
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 08:48 AM   #9
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M760Li

Yeah this car comes into it's own at night. Very special looking place to be.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 05:54 PM   #10
saifmassoud
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelo Cat View Post
Loving the pics saifmassoud, ^ you must have turned up the ambient lighting all the way to maximum to get that kind of glow? Loving it though! (or a very long exposure?)

The sunroofs with the lighting is great...definitely be looking forward to that in the next 7...Can't get the lighting on the standard sunroof in a G11 unfortunately.

Welcome to the 7, and to the 7 subforum, great to have you here, please do continue to post and share your thoughts and joy of the new car!

That's quite a change coming from the Z4 to a 7! Mind me asking why the change? Although they are great to drive and feel quite small, the 7 must feel vary large compared to the Z4 (especially in width!)
I still have the Z4 but the 7 is for my father, I do drive it occasionally though. We had an S550 that we traded in for the 7 but I got to tell you there is really no comparison.

Some might argue that the 7 went a little bit too conservative on exterior and the Merc is a bit more "aggressive" and "execurtive" in its exterior? I can see that some of this might be true but in terms of ride handling, the drive, the interior, technology, and ambient lighting, there is no comparison. 7 wins.

And yes, Ambient lighting is turned to maximum.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 07:50 PM   #11
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by saifmassoud View Post
I still have the Z4 but the 7 is for my father, I do drive it occasionally though. We had an S550 that we traded in for the 7 but I got to tell you there is really no comparison.

Some might argue that the 7 went a little bit too conservative on exterior and the Merc is a bit more "aggressive" and "execurtive" in its exterior? I can see that some of this might be true but in terms of ride handling, the drive, the interior, technology, and ambient lighting, there is no comparison. 7 wins.

And yes, Ambient lighting is turned to maximum.
That's good to know you've had both and came to that conclusion. I wonder if BMW simply fail to shift as many 7's as they could because people simply don't even try them to give them a chance vs the S class.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 12:04 AM   #12
saifmassoud
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLaneJB View Post
That's good to know you've had both and came to that conclusion. I wonder if BMW simply fail to shift as many 7's as they could because people simply don't even try them to give them a chance vs the S class.

Fastlanejb, you are spot on this one. I have family members and friends who haven not even been inside the car nor had driven it and automatically believe the S is a better car in ever way!

It is true that as we speak, the S outsells the 7 by about 2 to 1. I think for BMW to overcome this they need time to get new and die-hard S fans away from Mercedez to BMW, this does take time but I think BMW can speed this process if they decide to go bold and aggressive with the EXTERIOR design for the next 7 series.

I think if they use many of their "concept" exterior design cues and put it on the 7, and combine that with an already out of this world interior design we already have, they can pull ahead of Mercedes. My main point here is the exterior design, it is way more conservative than it should be. If they take many cues from their concept vision cars and slap that on the exterior i think its a win. I believe if they continue with a "safe" way conservative exterior design, the S will continue to outsell the 7. Lets be honest, the 7 is better than the S in the following areas:

1. Ride handling...no surprise here, BMW always excels here.
This time around, comfort wise the 7 is just as comfortable as the S, good job BMW engineers (last generations 7's were not).

2. Power delivery. My father's traded his S550 for the 7. It has 4.4L V8 Twin Turbo 440 + horse power. Our 740i has 3.0L twin turbo 320 horse power. Yet, every time he drives the car he comments on how the 7 feels so much faster than the S, even though it has 2 less cylinders and 120 horsepower less, why? because power delivery between engine and transmission unit in BMW is different than in Mercedes. with the Merc, you always feel there is some lag, with BMW its very sporty feeling, no lag. I did not believe that myself until I actually drove both cars, weird but true.

3. Interior wise, they are both great but BMW outshines the S with the ambient lights and Panoramic Sky Lounge LED. I mean just look at the pictures. I think BMW should make the Panoramic Sky Lounge LED STANDARD for the next model, it really can be a selling point.

4. Technology wise, its obvious the 7 is a head of the S. A plus point would be if BMW can get the Adaptive cruise control more automation.

Exterior Design. This is where BMW needs some help, aggressiveness, and should use some of its concepts designs HEAVILY in the next 7 Series. If not, I believe the S will continue to outsell the 7 by 2 to 1 or more.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 02:27 PM   #13
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivarox View Post
Congrats,
OP just needs a couple babes and he's set.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 03:32 PM   #14
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
OP just needs a couple babes and he's set.
Should be able to fit 4 in there easily. He'll have to cope with just 3 thought if he got the executive lounge package
Appreciate 0