BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

04-16-2018, 04:59 PM   #155
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '16 G11 730d, '18 F33 420d Cab

Garage List
Nice! Look forward to the pics, a sleeper in more ways than one it seems after the weekend! ^

Great to hear you’re enjoying it so far.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 05:02 PM   #156
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Btw, I’m still convinced that the lasers only come on after the two split beams come together and then a second later they go laser bright...maybe they changed with later model years but I’ll try to get a video of this somehow with a friend in the car...
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 05:11 PM   #157
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M760Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelo Cat View Post
Btw, I'm still convinced that the lasers only come on after the two split beams come together and then a second later they go laser bright...maybe they changed with later model years but I'll try to get a video of this somehow with a friend in the car...
Actually I think I'm with you on that as I was driving tonight a little and feel that's also how they work. The minute the beams split because of a car they go off.

Had a strange situation as well tonight. On a long mostly straight B road a car was so far in the distance that my car put its lasers on. However this car switched its hazards on for a moment. Then again a couple of times. Never seen anything like it but can only conclude my lasers might have been dazzling him despite him being a hell of a long distance ahead of me.

He wasn't close enough that I burnt a hole in his fuel tank and his car exploded so he / she was lucky in that regard.

Guess more people will need dimming mirrors. Have to say anytime I've driven a car without self dimming mirrors after getting used to them it really annoys me as some cars light even on low beam are pretty bright now. One of those things I take for granted but is absolutely essential for me now.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 01:57 PM   #158
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Yeah, yesterday I was driving on a proper dark seldom used (low traffic) road, had a jag in front of me and had adaptive mode for lights on, so beam splitting and shading for the car in front but must have still looked like a F18 coming in from behind him as when I passed, he put his high beams on to ‘tell’ me I had forgotten mine...felt like pulling over and giving him a full experience with lasers (manually) but just laughed as the auto dimming mirrors took any point he was making away so a useless gesture...but hey ho....the lasers are great when the road is empty and dark...
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 12:00 AM   #159
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Indeed even with the splitting LED's they still must look quite bright and powerful if you've no auto dimming rear mirror / side mirrors. Some people of course don't have auto levelling lights and have screwed with their manual dial so even their low beams aren't all that "low".

I had a hire car a long time ago which only had an auto dimming rear mirror but not the sides. Clearly better than nothing but you really need all 3 mirrors covered as cars with powerful headlights could still be quite an annoying experience to have behind you.

Still in general most people are OK with the split headlights. Just thought it interesting that if you've a completely straight road the lasers might be reaching beyond the vision of the camera that is making the decisions to switch them on.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 06:40 PM   #160
Blackraven
Captain
Rep
Drives: Toyota Corolla ALTIS

Wow epic car.

P.S.
That said, I'm surprised your car came with Bridgestone tires.

Shouldn't the M760Li come with Michelin Pilot Super Sport (or even PS4S)?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2018, 12:54 AM   #161
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Since my first fuel up I've done 208 miles as I reset the trip counter and I've around 60 miles of range left. It's been mostly urban driving around Peterborough (Lots of it pointless but just wanting to hop in the car for a drive).

I've had 21mpg on a quick dual carriageway type run so the 22mpg mark others and reviews have suggested on a long run seems easily do-able. Somewhat more thirsty in city traffic of course, 15 - 16mpg more common.

Not sure how much of a reserved tank the car has but I swear after filling it fully the BMW Remote app after the short drive home was saying more like 60L of fuel left vs the 80L fuel tank the car has (Or 78, I'd have to check). I'll check this again straight after filling up to see what it says but guessing there's a reasonable buffer.

Interestingly the M5 would throw the low fuel warning at just less than 1/4 tank left. The M760Li seems to be happy to go quite a bit beyond that before warning. This feels like the M5 didn't have such a reserve in its tank so despite them being around the same size the amount of miles per tank might not be completely similar way to compare.

Not that I'm all that bothered. You expect a car like this to use a lot of fuel, just interests me regardless anyway is all.

In terms of body roll I'm still not really using Sport to judge. However in Adaptive which I like quite a lot it feels like my 335d xDrive did in Comfort. That car also had a bit of body roll in that mode but would lock down better when in Sport (At a big loss in ride comfort). This car feels a bit like that one. It won't match the M5 but for a road car its good enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post
Wow epic car.

P.S.
That said, I'm surprised your car came with Bridgestone tires.

Shouldn't the M760Li come with Michelin Pilot Super Sport (or even PS4S)?
Your right on the tyres. This surprised me as well when I picked it up to be honest. The car I had for a day trying out an M760Li had Super Sports on it.

Obviously not pushed it yet, I'm up to around 350 miles so far on the car but I imagine with 4 wheel drive it'll just grip and go regardless. Still not likely I'd put Bridgestones on when they need changing, just with my mileage that's a long long way off.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2018, 10:10 AM   #162
bmr760
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C, F90 M5C, G05 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLaneJB View Post
Well I've got her now. Hand over was quick and in fairness I've had to come home to do work so will have to wait until lunch time when I can pop out quickly, the real play will come after I finish up work for the day though.

It's a miserable day here in Peterborough and really foggy. Also last night when I took the M5 out for a last drive, it's enough that laser lights would be an own goal blinding myself not others

I asked the dealer about a display key case and I've got the newer style one like 325_bucks has that BMW make so that's cool. Didn't have to pay but you'd think so at this price of car. No fancy box as they give out in Spain as I suspected.

Just a gentle drive home so only done a few miles. I did try out the automatic lane changing on the short bit of dual carriageway I get to go on between my house and the dealers. It worked a treat, put the lane guidance on and then hold the indicator at the resistance point. The car checks it's clear and then just glides over from one lane to the other. Pretty cool, probably something I'll hardly ever use though I imagine but still.

Left it in Comfort, put the massage seats and heated arm rests on (Sorry Pelo) and just cruised home in luxury

They didn't debadge it however like I'd asked but said I could bring it in anytime to get them removed if I want. Have a guy over the road who does detailing who might be able to do it. I'm still in two minds though on the rear so I'll leave it just for a little bit but the V12's are tacky I think and must go at some point soon. Obviously by the time I get rid of them everyone will know I'm a git around where I live with a flashy V12 so it'll be too late.

I'm happy with the trim I picked, it was the one item I was a bit worried about maybe looking a bit old manly. I'm still clinging onto my 30's by the skin of my teeth, Hehe. However I think it looks really good and suits the interior well.

Not touched anything on iDrive yet so lots to go through there to set it all up as I'd want it. Interior lights for instance just as I got it which was the blue colour.

Had half a tank of fuel and claimed it had something like 260 miles of range. Clearly it's not calibrated itself yet, I did about 5 miles to get home and just made it.

Didn't sleep amazingly well last night, excited like a kid. It'll be a heavy coffee day I imagine and probably a kip in the back at some point later on in the day...

More impressions will have to come later. God damn work getting in the way of fun
Absolutely GORGEOUS!! I love it!

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2018, 05:34 PM   #163
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Forgot to add pics. Couple of debadged ones, I'll just scrub the plate off to get a rear one up as well but it's nice and clean.

Before I'd debadged it had a couple of people come up and comment on it when out and about. So far debadged and nothing.

I've do it for two reasons I guess. One because it helps avoid questions from customers. It's not the end of the world but might seem a bit off rocking around in a V12 for work with some of them. The second reason is just to hopefully reduce the chance of someone seeing it parked up, getting jealous and keying it.

Someone ran a trolly across the front of my M5 not long after I got it. Thankfully a skilled detailed sorted it but obviously the paint thickness had to go down a lot in that area. Maybe an accident and they lost control, maybe one of those left about and the wind blew it. I don't know but part of me thinks someone could have done it on purpose.

So the theory is to most it hopefully doesn't look a million miles off the Estriol Blue 3 series cars you see a lot of. Nice looking but common enough these days that most wont think too much about them.

I'd have the V12 off for sure regardless. But other than those reasons I'd keep the rear ones on. It looked pretty cool in its grey coloured font, different from most of the other models.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
bmr760139.00
      04-27-2018, 04:45 AM   #164
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Fuelled up today, had done 230 odd miles on an average of 17mpg according to the car's computer. Was down to around 40 miles left and got 67 litres into the tank when I filled it up so with a 78 litre tank it still have 11 litres to go.

That's 2.41 UK gallons left, times that by 17mpg and I get pretty much exactly 40 miles worth of range. So actually when the car is telling you there's 40 miles left, there probably is 40 miles left with maybe almost no buffer left.

Interestingly it's maybe 2 miles from the fuel station to home, the BMW connected app is telling me the car has 73 litres in it and a 326 mile range. I cannot have burnt 5 litres or even 4 day I didn't get it quite full to the top just getting home.

I remember having my 335d once and got caught out in a traffic jam for hours, my fuel economy dropped hugely so from the point of easily making it to the next fuel station to getting in there with it reporting --- miles range but it made it. Still I don't try and play the run it as close to empty game normally

Anyway love the car, only up to 350 miles on it roughly at the moment. Have my first business trip next Wednesday though which might get around 150 more added to the clock plus some time to soak up the delights of the car more.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2018, 11:42 AM   #165
LZR
Meat Popsicle
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M760i 2016 X5M

Garage List
2018 M760i  [9.00]
2016 X5M  [10.00]
Really kind of jealous of that blue... it looks awesome. Now you got me fired up. Great weather out today here and need to get my boys shining.

Wash day.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2018, 01:45 AM   #166
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Any chance of some more pics of the lovely beast FastLaneJB? Been waiting patiently but....
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2018, 04:34 AM   #167
tyzer
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: 730d M-Sport Carbon Black

Quote:
Any chance of some more pics of the lovely beast FastLaneJB? Been waiting patiently but....
Yeah its like ...."oh I have no time now she is here, what forum?"....lol
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2018, 05:05 AM   #168
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

I know my bad. I'm up to around 800 miles now on the clock so getting her run in, should be detailed this coming weekend hopefully so will get a lot more pics up then.

Did my first business trip in the car yesterday, around 2 hours in the morning in lots of traffic. So seeing as it was just going with the flow I did a mixture of cruise control for some bits, had a go with Eco Pro myself and just generally taking it easy for the most part.

The highest I got the trip average to was 24.5 mpg but by the end it averaged 23.6mpg. Maybe if trying could get that a little bit higher but it's probably not far off the best you'd ever get out of this car. That's not bad going though as I'd be 27 - 28mpg on the same trip in the M5 if taking that easy. With 8 gears though and such a powerful engine even at 70mph the rpm's are quite a bit lower than the M5 would be with it's 7 speed box.

Just got to finish running it in to see how low I can get that mpg
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2018, 09:42 AM   #169
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Thanks for the update FastLaneJB, glad you're having fun running it in and could finally do a longer work run to try that.

That seems decent mileage for the beast (at least when one is still being polite and 'courting' it and not yet into the 'abusive, now that we've got to know each other' phase!

I'm sure that once you have that magic break in period behind you...you'll achieve single digits if you try hard enough (and can handle smiling that much without first losing your license!)

What we need to know now is how long it takes you to find a Shell station and then tank back up the 65l or so...as tyzer, 325_bucks and myself will get roughly twice the range you'll get so we'll need to be strategic in any 'runs' we do to make sure we all arrive at the same time should we ever meet up without causing huge issues (due to the excessive lengths of our caravan!)

Can't wait to see the pics once the detailer has had a go. Sat in a 760 Li today while getting my car topped up on animal excrement...(a lovely car, thankfully it didn't have a good colour, didn't have laser lights or night vision and had the exec lounge seating so was easy enough to get back out of again... )

We should really try and plan a date to meet up after you get yours run in...it would be wrong for her to be a 'virgin' still with 3 dirty diesels nearby....

Have a great long weekend everyone, hope you avoid the traffic!
      05-05-2018, 06:17 AM   #170
LZR
Meat Popsicle
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M760i 2016 X5M

Garage List
2018 M760i  [9.00]
2016 X5M  [10.00]
Quote:
I know my bad. I'm up to around 800 miles now on the clock so getting her run in, should be detailed this coming weekend hopefully so will get a lot more pics up then.

Did my first business trip in the car yesterday, around 2 hours in the morning in lots of traffic. So seeing as it was just going with the flow I did a mixture of cruise control for some bits, had a go with Eco Pro myself and just generally taking it easy for the most part.

The highest I got the trip average to was 24.5 mpg but by the end it averaged 23.6mpg. Maybe if trying could get that a little bit higher but it's probably not far off the best you'd ever get out of this car. That's not bad going though as I'd be 27 - 28mpg on the same trip in the M5 if taking that easy. With 8 gears though and such a powerful engine even at 70mph the rpm's are quite a bit lower than the M5 would be with it's 7 speed box.

Just got to finish running it in to see how low I can get that mpg
Here is what I get.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2018, 02:33 AM   #171
Arturo_spain
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep
Drives: M760Li MY2018

Quote:
No more pictures at the moment. Did take a few however it was chucking it down and bit of a rush job, they aren't good looking back on them.

However I've driven around quite a bit tonight, done around 100 miles across all sorts of roads so have some very early impressions.

Laserlights

OK it's very obvious then these switch on and it's quite a difference. The regular high beam LED's when in a situation that these cannot come on are still great, just the additional distance is impressive. Very happy with that.

Night vision

Went down some country roads and around by some small out of the way villages and got to experience this twice. Had the display up occasionally and could see it marking humans out on the screen. Twice when there wasn't any pathment had people walking on the road it highlighted one and another that was even closer it flashed a beam on them twice plus gave me a human icon warning on the HUD. You don't need to be on the night vision display for it to be doing the detection, it's doing that all the time.

Night time ambience

It's a lovely place to be at night, the Sky Lounge really adds to it all nicely plus the lighting in the speakers is very swish with the swirls. With all the tech and lighting it's a great place at night, more so than in the day.

Suspension

I took the car with my eldest down some roads we'd done the night before in the M5, some very badly surfaced B roads where the limit might be 60 miles per hour but generally cannot do that because they are so uneven.

I had a very quick go in Sport but I'll avoid that probably mostly while I run it in. I'd say in terms of comfort levels it's around the Sport level of suspension on the M5. So in that car you've got Comfort, Sport and Sport+ on the suspension. So it's more firm than Comfort, not as hard as Sport+. So it's definitely setup for a Sporty drive I'd say when that's enabled.

Comfort Plus vs Adaptive. So this one is interesting and on more well surfaced roads I've not really tried both of them to make the call. However in my one night of driving so far, Adaptive on these poorly surfaced roads felt noticeably more comfortable. Comfort Plus couldn't deal with the poor surface as well. I mean it was comfortable but I'd say Adaptive was more like Comfort Plus Plus on those roads.

It controlled the cars movements better in a way that resulted in better comfort. Also it was better on the corners as Comfort Plus is the mode with the most body roll but Adaptive controlled that really quite well. I'm not sure if you need Executive Drive Pro before this really comes alive and probably on better surfaced roads it doesn't get a chance to do it's thing. I'll be trying this out some more as I run it in.

Body Roll

My opinion here so far still stands but I'm not flung it into corners like a nutter so probably not pushed it enough is all. However Comfort and Comfort Plus have a good amount of lean, not awful but not a sporty drive for sure.

Adaptive and Sport control this large car well however. My son also thought it was pretty well controlled from his seat.

Not saying it's the M5 but it's close enough that it'll be an enjoyable car to hussle I think still.

Length of the car

Tried 3 parking bays as I was going past some places to see about the length of the car. I think so far this was something that I need not have worried about so much. It's fine for the most part, maybe a little over the back of a space and a little sticking out the front but maybe other than a few places that are uber small bays it'll be fine.

Nothing else for now, looking forward to the weekend to do a trip. My wife was ill today so she didn't want to come out tonight but hopefully be better so we can have a family trip at the weekend.
Quote:
No time for a big update at the moment however have a question.

According to the manual the cars warmed up and ready to drive properly once the temp gauge in the cluster has moved from cold. The icon however looks like a water gauge and not oil.

Driving it today just out of my village and onto a tiny bit of dual carriage way and I'd say I was up to temp on that gauge by nothing more than 1.5 miles odd. The M5 has an oil gauge and I'd probably have to be driving it for 10 minutes, 7+ miles say before the gauge even moved off cold.

I'm sure it warms up quicker from having the grill closed which the M5 couldn't do but is it really that much of a difference? I mean maybe I've missed it but I don't see any other temp gauges in the car so that's the only one.

What's people's opinion on this? Obviously got to run her in but do you drive it as you want just after a couple of miles? Maybe it's just the V12 and the diesels take longer to warm up?

Hi there. Been out on a long business trip to middle east & no time to reply

I copy your comments on the suspension modes, the best balanced for everyday is Adaptive although I wished we could retain the Sport exhaust note for all the drive modes, it makes a huge difference. I end up driving in Sport most of the time because of the exhaust sound & revert to Adaptive on family trips

About the temp gauge, it's showing water temp so even if it's up to temp I still wait like 6 minutes before I consider the engine to be warm. The measure should always be oil temp like in your M5 or my previous X6M since that is what actually lubes the engine & it's much more critical than water.

Have you tried the massage function in both driver & rear seats? What's your impression?

BTW, stunning color, specially those pics that show high gloss & polish ;-)

-M760Li MY2018
-RR Sport 4.4 SDV8 MY2016
-Mini Cooper Cabrio MY2018
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2018, 07:41 AM   #172
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the update FastLaneJB, glad you're having fun running it in and could finally do a longer work run to try that.

That seems decent mileage for the beast (at least when one is still being polite and 'courting' it and not yet into the 'abusive, now that we've got to know each other' phase!

I'm sure that once you have that magic break in period behind you...you'll achieve single digits if you try hard enough (and can handle smiling that much without first losing your license!)

What we need to know now is how long it takes you to find a Shell station and then tank back up the 65l or so...as tyzer, 325_bucks and myself will get roughly twice the range you'll get so we'll need to be strategic in any 'runs' we do to make sure we all arrive at the same time should we ever meet up without causing huge issues (due to the excessive lengths of our caravan!)

Can't wait to see the pics once the detailer has had a go. Sat in a 760 Li today while getting my car topped up on animal excrement...(a lovely car, thankfully it didn't have a good colour, didn't have laser lights or night vision and had the exec lounge seating so was easy enough to get back out of again... )

We should really try and plan a date to meet up after you get yours run in...it would be wrong for her to be a 'virgin' still with 3 dirty diesels nearby....

Have a great long weekend everyone, hope you avoid the traffic!
Thanks mate. You made me chuckle about your dirty diesels comment

Detailing put back until Thursday as the guy doing it forgot Monday was a Bank Holiday when he booked it in. The wife was giving him the evils so no biggie, bit later in the week.

Almost broken in, I might have given it a bit too many revs when I saw the neighbours M2 the other day but hey ho. At around 900 miles now. Maybe go for a cruise tomorrow and get it pretty much finished off.

Gave it a bit of a quick clean today as she was getting pretty dirty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZR View Post
Here is what I get.
I think the problem is your only going an average of 20mph, you need to get out of the slow lane

Guessing your mostly urban driving with lots of traffic for that? Though I know US mpg are different from ours. I think around 24 miles per gallon in the UK is around 20 in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturo_spain View Post
I copy your comments on the suspension modes, the best balanced for everyday is Adaptive although I wished we could retain the Sport exhaust note for all the drive modes, it makes a huge difference. I end up driving in Sport most of the time because of the exhaust sound & revert to Adaptive on family trips
Yeah I understand where your coming from. I'm going to guess to achieve maximum comfort they have to let it roll a little and not tighten it up too much. It's still a limo class car after all. I did slightly break the running in guidelines a bit when following my neighbours M2. I had it in Sport and it felt reasonable but pretty sure the speed he was going around some corners was more towards this cars limits, it might have started to understeer beyond it. Certainly before his car would but then it's big and heavy, it's just not going to keep up with his car in the corners as well. Was a nice fun drive though

Also agree a switchable sports exhaust button would be nice.

Quote:
About the temp gauge, it's showing water temp so even if it's up to temp I still wait like 6 minutes before I consider the engine to be warm. The measure should always be oil temp like in your M5 or my previous X6M since that is what actually lubes the engine & it's much more critical than water.
Yeah I'm aware on this but was merely making the comment that the manual says as soon as that shows it's out of the cold BMW are happy for you to give it wide open throttle. Also they aren't really accurate gauges these days either they show you. Internally the cars computer will know just what temp it's at on the various components but what they show you isn't the real temp, it's just a gauge to tell you all is good, I'm cold or I'm hot. I mean it gets to the half way mark and just sits there once warm, it doesn't matter how you drive it or what the temp is that day, it never budges at all. If you cast your mind back to an old car with a real gauge, they'd shift about a bit.

I wonder if the view of needing the oil to warm up beyond the 1 - 1.5 miles is needed. With the vents on the front of the car shut and an engine the size of a V12 maybe it does warm up really quick? I don't know, just I'd trust BMW at least somewhat if they say it's fine once the only temp gauge is ready you can go for it.

Quote:
Have you tried the massage function in both driver & rear seats? What's your impression?
I certainly have, I've not tried out all the modes but currently have been using the back massage on either 1 - 2 intensity which feels nice. Everyone who's need in the car finds this amazing though so they love it

Quote:
Thanks. I've had some nice comments in person about the colour as well. Happy with the choice.
Attached Images

Last edited by FastLaneJB; 05-06-2018 at 07:57 AM..
Appreciate 3
      05-06-2018, 03:05 PM   #173
tyzer
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: 730d M-Sport Carbon Black

Quote:
Thanks mate. You made me chuckle about your dirty diesels comment

Detailing put back until Thursday as the guy doing it forgot Monday was a Bank Holiday when he booked it in. The wife was giving him the evils so no biggie, bit later in the week.

Almost broken in, I might have given it a bit too many revs when I saw the neighbours M2 the other day but hey ho. At around 900 miles now. Maybe go for a cruise tomorrow and get it pretty much finished off.

Gave it a bit of a quick clean today as she was getting pretty dirty.

I think the problem is your only going an average of 20mph, you need to get out of the slow lane

Guessing your mostly urban driving with lots of traffic for that? Though I know US mpg are different from ours. I think around 24 miles per gallon in the UK is around 20 in the US.

Yeah I understand where your coming from. I'm going to guess to achieve maximum comfort they have to let it roll a little and not tighten it up too much. It's still a limo class car after all. I did slightly break the running in guidelines a bit when following my neighbours M2. I had it in Sport and it felt reasonable but pretty sure the speed he was going around some corners was more towards this cars limits, it might have started to understeer beyond it. Certainly before his car would but then it's big and heavy, it's just not going to keep up with his car in the corners as well. Was a nice fun drive though

Also agree a switchable sports exhaust button would be nice.

Yeah I'm aware on this but was merely making the comment that the manual says as soon as that shows it's out of the cold BMW are happy for you to give it wide open throttle. Also they aren't really accurate gauges these days either they show you. Internally the cars computer will know just what temp it's at on the various components but what they show you isn't the real temp, it's just a gauge to tell you all is good, I'm cold or I'm hot. I mean it gets to the half way mark and just sits there once warm, it doesn't matter how you drive it or what the temp is that day, it never budges at all. If you cast your mind back to an old car with a real gauge, they'd shift about a bit.

I wonder if the view of needing the oil to warm up beyond the 1 - 1.5 miles is needed. With the vents on the front of the car shut and an engine the size of a V12 maybe it does warm up really quick? I don't know, just I'd trust BMW at least somewhat if they say it's fine once the only temp gauge is ready you can go for it.

I certainly have, I've not tried out all the modes but currently have been using the back massage on either 1 - 2 intensity which feels nice. Everyone who's need in the car finds this amazing though so they love it

Thanks. I've had some nice comments in person about the colour as well. Happy with the choice.
She is quite beautiful chap, gorgeous in fact
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2018, 10:05 AM   #174
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyzer View Post
Yeah its like ...."oh I have no time now she is here, what forum?"....lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZR View Post
Here is what I get.

(Image with 8.5 mpg)
Yikes! Good thing you can't get lasers over there...you'd be down to 4 mpg

Quote:

Excuse my butting in but wondering if your comments on massage function means that you feel there is a difference between the driver seat and other seats (in terms of how intense it is or otherwise?) would be good to know if you do feel there is a difference between the seats (front to rear or driver to all others?) Thanks for any comments you give if this was your question? (and sorry if I have just read it wrong, simply ignore in that case!)

Agree about the colour, heart achingly beautiful that one...My wife already has to kick me once in a while when I am simply staring at my 7...if I had the 760 and in that blue...oh my....that would be trouble! A quick glance every now and then though on the computer when she's not looking will have to suffice!

More please FastLaneJB...especially once you have the detailing done...I'll get a box of tissues at the ready!

Safe travels everyone.
      05-11-2018, 08:04 AM   #175
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Excuse my butting in but wondering if your comments on massage function means that you feel there is a difference between the driver seat and other seats (in terms of how intense it is or otherwise?) would be good to know if you do feel there is a difference between the seats (front to rear or driver to all others?) Thanks for any comments you give if this was your question? (and sorry if I have just read it wrong, simply ignore in that case!)
I've only really had a good go driving but I had thought they were all the same however might not be completely the case.

Quote:
Agree about the colour, heart achingly beautiful that one...My wife already has to kick me once in a while when I am simply staring at my 7...if I had the 760 and in that blue...oh my....that would be trouble! A quick glance every now and then though on the computer when she's not looking will have to suffice!

More please FastLaneJB...especially once you have the detailing done...I'll get a box of tissues at the ready!
Just got her back and looking good. Though it's really cloudy here today so stopping the colour really popping, still really happy with how she's looking now

Apparently it took a good few goes to get all the flies off the windscreen and grill from my Bank Holiday Monday drive around Lincolnshire. I guess a combination of mainly open land with fields, the temp and a V12 level of heat on the front of the car. They'd pretty much melted themselves to the car and weren't coming off easily, opps.

I'm sure I'd read that we were heading for an insect apocalypse as our modern farming techniques are hugely lowering the insect population. I'm afraid I don't think I'm helping in that situation either, my bad
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-13-2018, 01:46 PM   #176
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Just on my way down to Somerset today. Stopped off quickly to stretch my legs but look at the fuel economy when on a cruise on mostly motorway. I had to check under the bonnet there wasn't a diesel under there

It's about 1mpg better than my F10 M5 could do on a similar cruise. It's got to be the 8th gear and how it's geared. It sits at a lower rpm at motorway speeds than the M5 used to.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0