BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

03-23-2018, 03:25 PM   #23
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M760Li

As said I've not driven a F01 so cannot comment on some of the items you've mentioned but just thought I'd comment on a few you've mentioned on the G11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormbitch View Post
1 Paint looks rubbish as though its made of plastic
Sorry but I've got to disagree here. I've owned plenty of BMW's and the paint is always very good along with a large selection of colours if your willing to spend for them. Over the years the colour choices and what they are doing with the paints in terms of blacks that can look blue in light, etc is very good.

The paints though I think other than the colour selection are the same.

Quote:
4 Head up display is half displayed
Clearly that seems like you've simply had it mis-configured for your seating position. The HUD in the G11 is a million times better than older BMW models.

Quote:
5 Too noisy road and wind
Road and wind noise were extremely low. Lower than an F01, I don't know but it's not a noisy car to be inside.

Quote:
6 Feels clumsy round town
Got to disagree here, it handles very well.

Also you mentioned this about the F01 as a plus over the G11

Quote:
4 More stable at speed
I find this hard to believe. Pretty much all BMW's I've ever had feel planted to the road and give no worries at high speeds. A 335d for instance felt very stable at 130mph yet a Mercedes C63S by that speed not so much. BMW's are always planted to the road and I know the M760Li is no different. Not sure it's even possible to be more stable at speed than they have in that car.
Appreciate 0