BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

08-17-2017, 04:23 AM   #45
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eluded View Post
Civics are going for 10,000 over MSRP. Its a crazy world we live in. High demand cars are more difficult to get. I would spam all the dealers in your state and look for EU delivery
That's the dealers getting greedy and it's a problem. Same thing with the Focus RS, they turned an affordable performance car into unicorns. That's not what they were intended to be and not how they were supposed to be sold.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 1
Jadar1752.50
      08-20-2017, 12:43 AM   #46
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eluded View Post
Civics are going for 10,000 over MSRP. Its a crazy world we live in. High demand cars are more difficult to get. I would spam all the dealers in your state and look for EU delivery
That's the dealers getting greedy and it's a problem. Same thing with the Focus RS, they turned an affordable performance car into unicorns. That's not what they were intended to be and not how they were supposed to be sold.
Agreed. My friend was able to get his RS for MSRP but dealers want 10,000 over for a civic type R. That is #Crazy.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2017, 10:38 AM   #47
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

People paying that money is what is crazy. it's one thing on a limited porsche that will appreciate but anything with a Ford, Honda etc badge, give it some time and there's money on the hood.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2017, 10:51 AM   #48
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
People paying that money is what is crazy. it's one thing on a limited porsche that will appreciate but anything with a Ford, Honda etc badge, give it some time and there's money on the hood.
Certainly not a black and white rule. I turned down an S2K when the dealer asked for a $10k premium, but they never really sold under MSRP aside from maybe the last year of sales, when it was already out of production.

The GT350 also appears to be riding out its run at MSRP with no discounts.

As with the first run of US STIs, the Type R has a pretty large following and they'll likely support a few years of production at MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2017, 04:45 PM   #49
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tw00t View Post
Audis never appealed to me... latest styling makes it look even worse... shitty silver doodads stuck on the front bumper.. look like transformers.. and that cross-check patterned seat made me throw up a little in my mouth .. sorry..
An American that knows about Captain Haddock? Respect.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2017, 01:47 PM   #50
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Not really. The "S" in MSRP stands for "Suggested". Simply put, a car will sell for whatever the market will bear in the U.S., and as Alfisti notes, it's the people willing to shell out stupid money for an in-demand car that's the far bigger problem -- if you can even call that a 'problem."

Also, this isn't limited to just performance or luxury cars. IIRC, the Gen2 Prius had all manner of over-MSRP dealer markups and up to a year-long waiting list when supply didn't meet demand for its first model year.

Bottom line: price controls do not exist for vehicles in the U.S. If this really bothers you, move to Canada.
Appreciate 1
      09-01-2017, 10:39 AM   #51
mike@Vossen
Rep
Drives: BMW

We've gotten our hands on a couple... yeah seems to be a hot commodity...

That is until Audi releases something unexpected next year
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2017, 10:59 AM   #52
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@Vossen View Post
We've gotten our hands on a couple... yeah seems to be a hot commodity...

That is until Audi releases something unexpected next year
I really want to drive in bad. Oh I read something about the early run cars sitting at the ports for long months and flat spot in the tires, any issues with the cars you guys picked up?