BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

08-29-2016, 10:23 AM   #45
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Got my wife the S7 when it dropped and I am a loyal LG guy and have the G5. I actually prefer several aspects of the regular S7 over my LG and the Edge which my buddy has. Her S7 is very responsive, solid battery life, fantastic display and perfect size.
May want to consider it.
      08-29-2016, 10:36 AM   #46
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by EALm4 View Post
Android for latest and greatest, multi taskers, people rely heavily on their phones.

iPhone for security, simple UI and light data users. Also if you use nothing but Apple products it's pretty much a no brainer to have an iPhone.

I personally use my S6 edge very heavily from entering notes, pics, social media, work, vids/movies, etc.. I like the ability to customize literally everything. I do believe Android is prone to data security issues and that's why a lot of major companies wont issue them. Plus the enterprise architecture and support for iPhones is much cheaper and simpler.

The iPhone is now becoming the "old person" phone. It's super easy to use, lot of features and VERY stable. With the advancements and features of Galaxy phones and of the like, many Apple users are jumping ship. Apple's lack of innovation and vision is costing them new and returning users.

Walk by any Apple store... who are you going to see in there... little kids and senior citizens. Even the majority of millennials jumped ship because they want more.
I agree that old people use iPhone, but it's also the young person's phone. I've seen more Kids/Tweens/teens with iPhones than Androids, by far...particularly girls.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 11:21 AM   #47
Jaghave
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i (Auto) RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
I agree that old people use iPhone, but it's also the young person's phone. I've seen more Kids/Tweens/teens with iPhones than Androids, by far...particularly girls.
IPhone the automatic transmission of smart phones
Appreciate 1
OutlawX3M298.00
      08-29-2016, 11:21 AM   #48
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
I think one of the biggest things that I prefer Android over Iphone is the swype text. I tend to pull out my personal phone (S7) instead of my work phone (Iphone 6) when I have to write up a long email or take notes. Internet browsing I also prefer the android over the iphone. Just feels smoother imo. And the maps/navigation on the Iphone just doesnt even come close imo. Iphone always sends me on some obscure route to get where Im going.

And ive had both Iphones and Androids since they pretty much came out, so its not like either one is more familiar to me. Bought the very 1st Iphone and the very 1st HTC Google phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EALm4 View Post
Android for latest and greatest, multi taskers, people rely heavily on their phones.

iPhone for security, simple UI and light data users. Also if you use nothing but Apple products it's pretty much a no brainer to have an iPhone.

I personally use my S6 edge very heavily from entering notes, pics, social media, work, vids/movies, etc.. I like the ability to customize literally everything. I do believe Android is prone to data security issues and that's why a lot of major companies wont issue them. Plus the enterprise architecture and support for iPhones is much cheaper and simpler.

The iPhone is now becoming the "old person" phone. It's super easy to use, lot of features and VERY stable. With the advancements and features of Galaxy phones and of the like, many Apple users are jumping ship. Apple's lack of innovation and vision is costing them new and returning users.

Walk by any Apple store... who are you going to see in there... little kids and senior citizens. Even the majority of millennials jumped ship because they want more.
Good info. One thing I have been thinking about after reading reviews of the iPhone 7 compared to Samsung is the screen. Apparently the iPhone 7 will still be LCD based, despite Apples desire for AMOLED. This is a big deal for me as I use my phone quite a bit for viewing pics...like everyone's cool stuff here.
      08-29-2016, 12:59 PM   #49
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
Good info. One thing I have been thinking about after reading reviews of the iPhone 7 compared to Samsung is the screen. Apparently the iPhone 7 will still be LCD based, despite Apples desire for AMOLED. This is a big deal for me as I use my phone quite a bit for viewing pics...like everyone's cool stuff here.
Go look at the phones in store. AMOLED vs LCD is more of a functions available ability than an "OMG the AMOLED screen looks so much better than the LCD."

AMOLED allows individual pixels to be turned on or off, so you can have just a few pixels on versus the entire backlight. This helps with battery life and allows something like the clock to stay on permanently without battery drain. Somehow, Samsung hasn't really figured out how to make their batteries last longer, even with AMOLED.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 04:08 PM   #50
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
Go look at the phones in store. AMOLED vs LCD is more of a functions available ability than an "OMG the AMOLED screen looks so much better than the LCD."

AMOLED allows individual pixels to be turned on or off, so you can have just a few pixels on versus the entire backlight. This helps with battery life and allows something like the clock to stay on permanently without battery drain. Somehow, Samsung hasn't really figured out how to make their batteries last longer, even with AMOLED.
Just went to a Costco to have a look. Tried out a Note 7 and an Edge. Was familiar and nice. Wanted to compare displays to iphone plus, but the plus was not charged nor would come on with charger...so tried a 6s...it was familiar as well since I have an Ipad and Hackintosh here at home. The pics on the iphone looked pretty good as well.

The pen stylus thing is new to me and how I would really use it. I'm kind of thinking it might not be worth it for me...money is not a factor in buying a phone(and conveniently I was awarded a $500 bonus yesterday at work) but I'm wondering if the extra $100 cost(compared to edge) for a note will be worth anything to me. I'm going to more or less by the phone outright.

That being said, kind of wondering what the iphone7plus is going to cost with say 64gb. If the thing is $900 then to me the Edge would be a better buy.

Most people probably just go out and buy what they like on impulse...but with electronic equipment that is used often and is personal I like to dig into all the options.
      08-30-2016, 08:15 AM   #51
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaghave View Post
IPhone the automatic transmission of smart phones
CLose. more the HAL9000.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2016, 11:57 AM   #52
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Just to update: went with the 7edge. Huge difference compared to my s4. It's really fast..opening apps is almost instant. Screen is great. Just is much more modern.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2016, 11:59 AM   #53
Jaghave
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i (Auto) RWD

I have a note 7 and besides the risk of explosion I think it a fantastic phone
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2016, 03:26 AM   #54
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

I even posted a thread about it to warn buyers and users .I even contemplated of buying one of these but after all these flops not anymore .I first thought that was a cracking joke but it turned out to be bigger than what I thought .
Here's the latest news on this hot phone , literally speaking

http://www.androidauthority.com/expl...-china-717078/

http://www.androidauthority.com/sams...losion-716992/

Still, we have good news too

http://www.androidauthority.com/offi...note-7-717065/
      09-20-2016, 09:36 AM   #55
Teufel_Hunden
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 6MT LMB ZCP

Using mine right now to reply to this thread. I am on the list for a replacement when they become available and will do so; but I'm not worried about it exploding, not going to shut it down or exchange it for an interim device.

Media fuels overreactions.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2016, 10:47 AM   #56
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iM-Sport View Post
Using mine right now to reply to this thread. I am on the list for a replacement when they become available and will do so; but I'm not worried about it exploding, not going to shut it down or exchange it for an interim device.

09-20-2016, 10:50 AM   #57
Teufel_Hunden
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 6MT LMB ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl
Quote:

Not bad...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-20-2016, 10:55 AM   #58
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Not bad...
Wireless charging? $499
Wireless discharging? Priceless.
      09-22-2016, 04:47 PM   #59
KwlAznKid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE

i have an s7, hardcore android fan here, nothing amazing about the phone though, gets the job done
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2016, 11:03 PM   #60
SLVSRFR
Captain
Guam
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i

Apple was never competing with Android.

People say that they were but that isn't the case, a simple 'Google' will show how many times Apple won multi-million dollar settlements in major court cases. In result of Samsung infringing on copious amounts of Apple's smartphone patents. As long as Samsung keeps making phones with Apple's technology, Apple makes money on both ends.

iPhones dont need all those truly unnecessary specs to run its OS. Samsung still can't get battery life right, which is the most important feature if you ask me. I usually switch between Apple and Samsung every other phone because I am intrigued by technology and usually remain unbiased in what both brands have to offer. Sure Samsung phones are always beefed up from a specification standpoint but in my experience, it doesn't stand a chance to iPhone or iPad in productivity.

Last edited by SLVSRFR; 09-25-2016 at 11:09 PM..
Appreciate 0