BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

01-03-2011, 08:17 AM   #67
kpcoupe
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 328i Coupe

call me racist, shallow, ...etc, but there is no way in living hell i would pay 400000 for a japanese car. I know it sounds ridiculous to judge a car like that, but there would just be a very bad feeling in the pit of my stomach if i dished out that kind of cash for a japanese car. I still have the stigma of japanese cars being cheap, im most likely wrong and my flame suit is on, but im gonna stick to european motorcars.
      01-03-2011, 10:43 AM   #68
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpcoupe View Post
call me racist, shallow, ...etc, but there is no way in living hell i would pay 400000 for a japanese car. I know it sounds ridiculous to judge a car like that, but there would just be a very bad feeling in the pit of my stomach if i dished out that kind of cash for a japanese car. I still have the stigma of japanese cars being cheap, im most likely wrong and my flame suit is on, but im gonna stick to european motorcars.
Yes, you are shallow....but more relevant is that you lack car knowledge and perspective as well.

You realize you drive a 328???....lol.

I can provide a lengthy list of Japanese cars that are light years better than an entry level Bimmer that is lacking in sooooo many ways.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 12:42 PM   #69
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

Yes, you are hater and Euro brand loyalist. A great car is a great, no matter where it comes from. It is just the haters are having troubles with how a Japanese company came out with a first ever supercar and trounced the Europeans on passion and excitement. Like they say, only Porsche Carrera GT comes close to the lunacy of LFA.

You love and driver your 328 and marginalize Lexus by saying "Japanese cars should be cheaply built cars"?? What does BMW have that shows even 1/10th the level of committment, passion, attention to every little detail and soul that this car does?? While Lexus was busy trying to create a V10 with the best sound and response in the business smaller and lighter than a 3.0 Liter V6, BMW is busying making M cars that weigh over 4600 lbs. X5 M??? X6 M??? 1-M??? F10 M5??? BMW now provides me great laughs now. "X5 M will give you goosepimples" ROFL.

Luckily, many people are not brand loyalists and appreciate something great no matter where it comes from since it will push the boundaries of what automotive engineering is all about. Therefore, LFA is getting all the appreciation and recognition it deserves winning "Evo UK best engine of the year".

Your opinion does not count since even if you afford one, Lexus would have never chosen you anyway since they had a pool of very high profile people (including very well known celebrities) to chose from who wanted to buy one of the 500 of this car.

Quote:

Last edited by 330CIZHP; 01-03-2011 at 02:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 01:32 PM   #70
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep

- Lamborghini on turbocharging

Last edited by 330CIZHP; 01-03-2011 at 01:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 02:21 PM   #71
Elie335
ايلي ٣٣٥ هاهاها
St Pierre and Miquelon
Rep
Drives: Vorsteiner e92

the downshift is eargasm
      01-03-2011, 03:52 PM   #72
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

I the LF-A was a series built car and was priced about 200.000 €, like the other rivals,
hands downs, LF-A over R8 GT, Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera, 911 Turbo S, SLS AMG, 458 Italia, MP4-12C, ZR1, and of course the GT-R. I wish BMW built something like the LF-A and not like the others mensioned. Z8 ?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 05:56 PM   #73
AstonMartin
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

It's been growing on me..... still not sure about that price though.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 08:06 PM   #74
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
I the LF-A was a series built car and was priced about 200.000 €, like the other rivals,
hands downs, LF-A over R8 GT, Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera, 911 Turbo S, SLS AMG, 458 Italia, MP4-12C, ZR1, and of course the GT-R. I wish BMW built something like the LF-A and not like the others mensioned. Z8 ?
Difference is Akio Toyoda told the disgruntled bean counter trying to shut the project down in the company to go and F themselves and ordered the car to be built, raced in near stock trim in 24-hours endurance races and promoted no matter how much loss Toyota needs to take.

On the other hand, BMW M is being dictated by its bean counters, which is being headed by that (no offense) idi*t called Dr. kay Segler. He is the biggest clown I have ever seen. Borderline ridiculous.

Once again, "X5 M will give you goose pimples" and "X5 M and X6 M owners demand a lot from their M cars". That's a classic. It has to go in my signature.

Last edited by 330CIZHP; 01-03-2011 at 08:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2011, 12:20 AM   #75
majin ssj eric
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Sedan

How the hell did Forged get their hands on an LFA???
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2011, 12:23 AM   #76
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by majin ssj eric View Post
That was one of the LF A's that was touring the US this past year on Lexus' p.r. campaign.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2011, 02:45 AM   #77
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Such a beautiful car. I saw it in person at the Geneva Autoshow in 2010. I personaly prefere mid-front engined cars (SLS AMG, 599 GTB, ZR1) than mid-rear engined cars (R8, Gallardo, F430).
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2011, 05:12 AM   #78
PETER.PHIL
Rep
Drives: vffy,

In Mass, you must have a baffle in the exhaust system of a motorcycle. Straight pipes are illegal. For motorcycles manufactured before 1986, 102 decibels is the legal limit, 99 decibels for motorcycles manufactured after 1986.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2011, 07:35 AM   #79
kpcoupe
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
Yes, you are shallow....but more relevant is that you lack car knowledge and perspective as well.

You realize you drive a 328???....lol.

I can provide a lengthy list of Japanese cars that are light years better than an entry level Bimmer that is lacking in sooooo many ways.
The guy under you at least had a proper argument, which i respect. i didnt know in order have knowledge, i had to drive a certain car.
      01-04-2011, 12:07 PM   #80
Chenry135
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: former 2008 135i/ 2006 STI

Quote:
Originally Posted by majin ssj eric View Post
That car has nothing to do with forged other than the fact that the owner new somebody that worked at Lexus. He just wants people to think they work on that car...
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2011, 01:11 PM   #81
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
The guy under you at least had a proper argument, which i respect. i didnt know in order have knowledge, i had to drive a certain car.
You lack knowledge because of your shallow, badge whore attitude not for what you drive. To make a blanket statment like you did regarding not only an entire brand, but an entire geographical area clearly shows you really don't know much about cars in general.

Your car is relevant as you want to call all Japanese cars cheap, yet drive a cheap, entry level, pseudo luxury BMW. Laughable at best.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2011, 02:16 PM   #82
kpcoupe
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
You lack knowledge because of your shallow, badge whore attitude not for what you drive. To make a blanket statment like you did regarding not only an entire brand, but an entire geographical area clearly shows you really don't know much about cars in general.

Your car is relevant as you want to call all Japanese cars cheap, yet drive a cheap, entry level, pseudo luxury BMW. Laughable at best.
sorry im not sorry
      01-04-2011, 04:07 PM   #83
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Quote:
Sorry man I agree with him... I get 328i's as loaners all the time and it sucks... Also the LFA is a monster and sounds AMAZING.. I would place the LFA sound in the category of the m5 with eisenmann exhaust.... WOW....

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson

Last edited by NewYearsBoy; 01-04-2011 at 04:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #84
kpcoupe
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoutnj89 View Post
Sorry man I agree with him... I get 328i's as loaners all the time and it sucks... Also the LFA is a monster and sounds AMAZING.. I would place the LFA sound in the category of the m5 with eisenmann exhaust.... WOW....
haha ya its not a super car by any means, however i just didnt get how that had to do with my knowledge. All i was saying was that the lfa ,as a friend of mine put, is undoubtedly fast and competent, but like so many other cars from asia lacks any other desirability. It may be as quick (if not quicker than many) and sound better than many of its European counterparts, but it isn't a car I could ever really love. Styling is a big part of that, but also a lack of pedigree and passion, for lack of a better term.
      01-05-2011, 01:33 PM   #85
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep

Again, you probably should stop talking since you are digging yourself in a bigger hole (you had said earlier that "Japanese cars are supposed to be cheap cars and they should not build supercars"). You barely know anything about the car, let alone having driven one.

It is more than evident at this point, Lexus LFA has more passion, purist excitement and soul poured into it than 458 Italia, SLS AMG, LP570-4, GTR and 599 GTB combined since it is far more driver oriented than these cars and much more luxurious at the sametime. LFA brings things to the table that none of these cars do. That is why the engine became the "best engine of the year" on unmatched throttle response, 9500 rpm and F1 car sound.

Quote:
haha ya its not a super car by any means, however i just didnt get how that had to do with my knowledge. All i was saying was that the lfa ,as a friend of mine put, is undoubtedly fast and competent, but like so many other cars from asia lacks any other desirability. It may be as quick (if not quicker than many) and sound better than many of its European counterparts, but it isn't a car I could ever really love. Styling is a big part of that, but also a lack of pedigree and passion, for lack of a better term.

Last edited by 330CIZHP; 01-05-2011 at 02:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 02:01 PM   #86
335iMIAMI
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 CTS-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CIZHP View Post
Again, you probably should stop talking since you are digging yourself in a bigger hole (you had said earlier that "Japanese cars are supposed to be cheap cars and they should not build supercars"). You barely know anything about the car, let alone having driven one.

It is more than evident at this point, Lexus LFA has more passion, purist excitement and soul poured into it than 458 Italia, LP570-4, GTR and 599 GTB combined since it is far more driver oriented than these cars. That is why the engine became the "best engine of the year" on unmatched throttle response, 9500 rpm and F1 car sound.

You yourself can NOT come to these conclusions if you have not driven the car. Have you driven it? Highly doubt it. Stop reading all the bs articles and drawing your opinion based on what journalist say. Frankly I don't read articles any more because 90% of them are full of it. The part of your comment that really bothers me , is when you said it has more passion , soul , than a lp570 , 599 , 458 combined and whatever other car you said. That has to be one of the dumest things I've ever read. Who are you to come to that type of conclusion? Excuse me if your some type of proffesional driver , and have driven all the cars you mentioned.

Last edited by 335iMIAMI; 01-05-2011 at 02:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 02:11 PM   #87
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iMIAMI View Post
You yourself can NOT come to these conclusions if you have not driven the car. Have you driven it? Highly doubt it. Stop reading all the bs articles and drawing your opinion based on what journalist say. Frankly I don't read articles any more because 90% of them are full of it. The part of your comment that really bothers me , is when you said it has more passion , soul , than a lp570 , 599 , 458 combined and whatever other car you said. That has to be one of the dumest things I've ever read. Who are you to come to that type of conclusion?
I'm just curious how else this car is supposed to be gauged at this point?

Since likely 90% of drivers will never even see this car and >99% will never be in one, how else are we to judge it other than the videos and commentary from the few that get up close with it.

You will not be able to take this for a spin at driver experiences like you can a 599, Murci, etc. Just sayin'.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 02:15 PM   #88
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep

Thanks. Exactly. 99.9% of the discussion on the internet on forums happens amongst people who never ever have driven an exotic.

Yes, it is common sense to see when reviewers and track testers describe LFA's characteristics (throttle response, neutral balance, sound, extreme attention to detail, luxury and also technological leaps such as a V10 smaller and lighter than V6, TFT screen gauges, purpose-built parts that are shared with no other cars, carbon fiber built torque tube etc., it is easy to see why LFA is more expensive than these cars).

There is plenty of ways I can easily see Lexus LFA has far more passion and soul poured into 458 Italia, LP570-4, SLS AMG, 599 GTB. Most of all, these cars share their engines with many other counterparts (yes, the 458 Italia's engine is an evolution of its predecessor 4.3 Liter V8 and shares many of the components).

Quote:
I'm just curious how else this car is supposed to be gauged at this point?

Since likely 90% of drivers will never even see this car and >99% will never be in one, how else are we to judge it other than the videos and commentary from the few that get up close with it.

You will not be able to take this for a spin at driver experiences like you can a 599, Murci, etc. Just sayin'.

Last edited by 330CIZHP; 01-05-2011 at 02:21 PM..
Appreciate 0