BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

12-24-2010, 08:48 PM   #1
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Question for all ActiveHybrid and 760 owners

Your cars should have come with Climate Comfort Laminated Glass and Infrared Windshields as standard. Does the glass look / appear different from that on other 7 Series models (i.e.: is there any way to tell the glass apart)?

I ask because it was a special request of mine, but it’s not shown on my window sticker, which concerns me because the glass looks no different from other 7 Series models, but I'm not sure if it's supposed to; I thought there would be a blue/purple hue at certain angles similar to that on some Mercedes and Range Rover models.

Note: when I roll down my windows there seems to be two panes of glass that have been sandwiched together, but oddly, on some of the windows, the edges of the glass are not smooth and refract light as if they are damaged!? Otherwise, the front windshield does not look different from other 7 Series models at all.

And, do E-ZPass transmitters work with your windshield, or must you request the license plate frame one?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0