BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

07-01-2010, 11:44 AM   #1
hayden
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 750Li

2010 Car Software Upgade and Navigation Map Update

I took my 09 F02 in two days ago for its first oil change (13000 miles). I assumed I would fall under the recall 0061130300 or SIB# 61-01-10 since others that have nearly identical cars picked up within 2-3 weeks of each other have gotten software upgraded under that. But when they ran my key... it only showed the tire label recall.

I asked them to tell me how much it would cost to upgrade the programming, and also upgrade the NAV map data.

He called me back later in the day and said it was done together. They need to buy an "enabling code" from BMW which gets overnighted to them (no email or web?) Then they perform the upgrade. The cost was $590 including labor, etc.

Got the car back and it's good news. I was skeptical that everything was done since they seemed to get it all done in about 3 hours yesterday. The tech obviously knew what he was doing. Most of my settings were retained in the upgrade, but I lost my programmable key settings.

As soon as I got in the car I knew it was infact upgraded since the BMW logo appeared on the head-up display for the first time ever. Navigation was also updated to "2010 Premium"

I'm attaching some documents you all may find helpful:
  • Irvine BMW Invoice shows the part number for the new Map at a price of $229 (+$330 labor for both nav and software). It also states that the car was upgraded from 2.34.1 to 2.36.2
  • The tech also left a printout of the upgrade report in the car. It shows that the "integration level" was upgraded from F001-09-06-512 to F001-10-03-504. The way those read leads me to believe the previous software was from June 2009 and the new software is from March 2010. Shows that it only took 2 hours for the upgrade.
  • He also left a copy of the "Navigation Map Certificate" which shows the unique code needed to unlock the new map once installed. This is the document that is overnighted from BMW to the dealer. I don't think the owner actually really needs this document... its just for the dealer.
  • I found a copy of SIB 61 01 10 on the internet and plan on writing to BMW asking them to refund me the cost of the software upgrade since it should have been covered under that SIB.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf irvine bmw invoice.pdf (434.9 KB, 548 views)
File Type: pdf bmw istap upgrade report.pdf (986.4 KB, 712 views)
File Type: pdf bmw navigation map certificate.pdf (230.2 KB, 773 views)
File Type: pdf SIB 61 01 10.pdf (46.3 KB, 593 views)

Appreciate 0