BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

05-05-2016, 06:24 AM   #23
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
^ ^ hey I didn't get rich by suing BMW. I never sued BMW over this nor did I once ever think of suing BMW. I got rich the normal way by selling drugs to kids, stealing money from old people, participating in government corruption, etc. See? I'm a good person.
Good job !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 10:51 AM   #24
TBN54
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08' E92 335 -> 17' F30 340i

Did this last year. Couldn't please my women with my wanker for about two weeks.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 11:07 AM   #25
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

It's actually the opposite. Since the latch is electronic, the fail-safe is for it to always secure the door closed to prevent unintended opening. Windows and opening roofs are required to be obstacle detecting and fail safe open. Kinda difficult to fall out of an open window when seated...door not so hard. If the soft closed doors are shut with even a small amount of force, it will close as long as the latch contact closes. If it's shut the way it's intended, an obstacle won't allow the latch to make contact. If someone wants to sue over this, The Department of Transportation is the party to file against.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 11:10 AM   #26
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone
I know a guy who was working on a new RR's with softclose doors... he forgot about that feature when the door closed onto his hand crushing it. The door crushed/broke three of his fingers. OUCH!
Phantom with a bad position sensor and closing in the wrong order? The power door closers on the sedans almost need a placard checklist to get right. I've had the misfortune of a 760LiS High Security door swing closed on me and it wasn't something I'd ever want to experience again. Once those extra bolts lock, there isn't any reopening the door until someone releases them from inside.
Appreciate 0