BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

09-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #1
luvthestck
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18’ Q7,16'981 GTS

ARS ...is it a must on the 7 series?

I am being offered a Decent lease deal on a floor model by my dealer.Its a 2013 750 li x drive with a sticker of 108k .The dealer wants to push it off and gave me a call as I test drove it not too Long ago.It has exec,cold weather,driver assistance,lighting pkg and B&O .I was under that impression that ARS was a must on these heavy vehicles.The vehicle has 70 miles on it.I am guessing its a demo peice.The deal seems to be a decent one( price wise).I am wondering if its worth to grab it without ARS and with 70 miles on it .Its going to be a lease.I would appreciate some advice here.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 09:48 AM   #2
luvthestck
First Lieutenant
Rep

Bump.. I would appreciate someone without ARS to jump in with their input.This would be a car for my wife and would act as a family cruiser for long distances.The dealer says its an extremely rare option and could only find 4 cars across the country in dealerships with ARS
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 10:05 AM   #3
bmr760
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C, F90 M5C, G05 X5 40i

To me ARS is a must because I do feel the discernable body roll and adding ARS eliminates that.
Some people say you cant tell a difference but I most certainly can, all my cars have ARS as I order mine.
Plus it handles worlds better with ARS, I highly recommend it.
but you should drive both if you can(one with ARS and one without) to see if you can tell a difference.

Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 10:56 AM   #4
osxcode
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: The M's

I totally agree! ARS is a must, no question about it. I have it on all 3 - I had a loaner vehicle that obviously didn't have it. Mechanical options should always be chosen over cosmetic ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmr760 View Post
To me ARS is a must because I do feel the discernable body roll and adding ARS eliminates that.
Some people say you cant tell a difference but I most certainly can, all my cars have ARS as I order mine.
but you should drive both if you can(one with ARS and one without) to see if you can tell a difference.

2016 BMW X5 ///M
2016 BMW M4 ///M Convertible

aLatteHotte - www.aLatteHotte.com - The Future of Coffee
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #5
bmr760
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C, F90 M5C, G05 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by osxcode
I totally agree! ARS is a must, no question about it. I have it on all 3 - I had a loaner vehicle that obviously didn't have it. Mechanical options should always be chosen over cosmetic ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmr760 View Post

Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 01:12 PM   #6
luvthestck
First Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for the replies...Is it possible to retrofit ARS?If it's not I guess i have to just order a 2014.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 02:45 PM   #7
osxcode
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Not retrofittable. Order a 2014 and get exactly what you want. My 2014 is actually quite different from my 2013, they've changed the software again for the better, you can now visually see your playlist in the head-up display and on the nav screen, you can visually see changes to the volume. The digital display panel for the gauges is much nicer in my opinion, much more up to date!
It really only takes about 7 weeks or so to get your car, so if you can wait, order exactly what you want, you will love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthestck View Post
Thanks for the replies...Is it possible to retrofit ARS?If it's not I guess i have to just order a 2014.

2016 BMW X5 ///M

Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #8
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthestck
I am being offered a Decent lease deal on a floor model by my dealer.Its a 2013 750 li x drive with a sticker of 108k .The dealer wants to push it off and gave me a call as I test drove it not too Long ago.It has exec,cold weather,driver assistance,lighting pkg and B&O .I was under that impression that ARS was a must on these heavy vehicles.The vehicle has 70 miles on it.I am guessing its a demo peice.The deal seems to be a decent one( price wise).I am wondering if its worth to grab it without ARS and with 70 miles on it .Its going to be a lease.I would appreciate some advice here.
ARS makes THE difference.

1. The only person that will know is you.

2. Without ARS your car will feel untamed when cornering or when simply moving the steering wheel left to right and back a few times.

3, my 2011 750Li Xdrive had no ARS. I drove it for 2 years.

Prior to getting my new 2013 750Li XDrive, I shopped an S550. The ride quality blew me away. I could not believe how much better the ride quality was on the S550.

Out of brand loyalty and no logical reason, I bought the 2013 750 with ARS. I was thrilled when I discovered the ride quality matched the S550. Since my cars were identically configured, excepting for ARS, I can only conclude that ARS was the reason for the dramatic increase on ride performance.

BMW was willing to sacrifice it's flagship quality by selling the 750li without ARS. One can only conclude that BMW would rather sell a posur car a few bucks cheaper than to protect its reputation for a solid ride.

There are few options that will thrill you every time you hop in the left seat (USA). The ARS is one option that will remind you why you bought this car every day.

The fact that BMW will sell you this car without ARS is blasphemous. A 750, of any kind, without ARS is not worthy of the BMW logo.

Note: Several on this fine board have taken the liberty to point out that I tend to be overly dramatic!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 06:42 PM   #9
luvthestck
First Lieutenant
Rep

Well..the point is that we looked at the 5 series and the 7 series.I have a tendency to load my car pretty well and end up rocketing the price.My wife did not like the regular 5 so was looking to the 5 gt or the 7 .A well equipped 5 gt was 92k for us and then the dealer pushed in his demo 7 series with a Msrp of 108 k .He was willing to price it down to 94 k.It has everything I want in it except the ARS.So now the dilemma is walk out of the deal or order a 2014.I really wish things were much simpler than this.I am surprised that BMW left out such a vital component out of it's flagship.Unfortunately there isn't a 7 with ARS anywhere near I live to test drive it.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 06:44 PM   #10
osxcode
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well..the point is that we looked at the 5 series and the 7 series.I have a tendency to load my car pretty well and end up rocketing the price.My wife did not like the regular 5 so was looking to the 5 gt or the 7 .A well equipped 5 gt was 92k for us and then the dealer pushed in his demo 7 series with a Msrp of 108 k .He was willing to price it down to 94 k.It has everything I want in it except the ARS.So now the dilemma is walk out of the deal or order a 2014.I really wish things were much simpler than this.I am surprised that BMW left out such a vital component out of it's flagship.Unfortunately there isn't a 7 with ARS anywhere near I live to test drive it.

94k doesn't sound that good for a loaded 7 sans ars to me. But you have to do what makes sense to you.

2016 BMW X5 ///M

Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #11
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

94k doesn't sound that good for a loaded 7 sans ars to me. But you have to do what makes sense to you.
OS, it's worse the that!

His kernel should panic!
His core should dump!
His pointer has slipped!

That $94k is for a 2013!

You would have to be non-linear to take a deal like that.

I think he is in love with the car and he is not thinking clearly.

Tell them luv won't take the car for a dime of $84k. BMW has these things loaded with trunk money,

The only way that car, without ARS, is worth $94k is if there are gold bricks in the trunk!

Here is what I would do:

Tell the dealer that you will take the car at $84k, otherwise you will order a new one.

This way the dealer makes the decision and not luv.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 07:53 PM   #12
luvthestck
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post
OS, it's worse the that!

His kernel should panic!
His core should dump!
His pointer has slipped!

That $94k is for a 2013!

You would have to be non-linear to take a deal like that.

I think he is in love with the car and he is not thinking clearly.

Tell them luv won't take the car for a dime of $84k. BMW has these things loaded with trunk money,

The only way that car, without ARS, is worth $94k is if there are gold bricks in the trunk!

Here is what I would do:

Tell the dealer that you will take the car at $84k, otherwise you will order a new one.

This way the dealer makes the decision and not luv.
Wow! Well I am new to this and this is an eye opener.I thought I was getting a decent deal...with sticker price of 108 k I thought that 94 k was a good call,as the invoice might have been around 97 k,but as I have mentioned before..first time playing this game

..Well you learn something new everyday.This would be a lease..so is it still a high price to pay ....

Last edited by luvthestck; 09-08-2013 at 07:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #13
osxcode
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wow! Well I am new to this and this is an eye opener.I thought I was getting a decent deal...with sticker price of 108 k I thought that 94 k was a good call,as the invoice might have been around 97 k,but as I have mentioned before..first time playing this game

..Well you learn something new everyday.This would be a lease..so is it still a high price to pay ....
I totally agree! The 2014's are here, you should be getting a fire sale rate on the 2013 if you go that route. If I were you, I would order exactly what I wanted. I always order my cars, you get an untouched car that is precisely what you desire, that way you are not making any concessions and shouldn't have any regrets.

2016 BMW X5 ///M

Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 12:28 AM   #14
ayu910
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5

yup, there is $7.5K build out credit + $1.5K loyalty cash on 2013 7's. Anyone should able to get a 2013 demo for invoice - $7.5K - $1.5K - $2~3K (pending mileage).

2014 550i GT M Sport Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 06:02 AM   #15
luvthestck
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu910 View Post
yup, there is $7.5K build out credit + $1.5K loyalty cash on 2013 7's. Anyone should able to get a 2013 demo for invoice - $7.5K - $1.5K - $2~3K (pending mileage).
What is a build out credit?Is this official?I see the build out credits on 5 and 3 series on the website but nothing on the 7 series.I just want everything at hand when i contact the dealer.BTW Thank you for all the information guys.You guys saved me from sinking a decent amount of green in to this deal.Damn ,I am a little frustrated that the dealer took me for a spin.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 05:44 PM   #16
luvthestck
First Lieutenant
Rep

Update...Dealer says he cant come down anymore

Lease details.. MSRP 108395

Price 94,895
Loyalty Discount 1500
0 down 15K/yr,36 Months Lease 1402/month.

Yay or Nay?

The big problem to order a new one is the wait.I need a car quick as sharing a car with my wife is becoming too complicated.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 06:20 PM   #17
osxcode
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Price 94,895
Loyalty Discount 1500

Yay or Nay?

The big problem to order a new one is the wait.I need a car quick as sharing a car with my wife is becoming too complicated.
I would def. walk from that. That's purchase territory.

2016 BMW X5 ///M

Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 08:54 AM   #18
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Price 94,895
Loyalty Discount 1500

Yay or Nay?

I would def. walk from that. That's purchase territory.
Yes. Take a hike.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 09:18 AM   #19
luvthestck
First Lieutenant
Rep

Damn, you guys are lucky to have high volume dealerships around.Compared to you guys our dealers seem to be squeezing us out.Either I am very very bad at negotiating or the dealers nearby cant cut it at all.With a new build they are only giving 3-4k off sticker at best.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 10:11 AM   #20
osxcode
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Damn, you guys are lucky to have high volume dealerships around.Compared to you guys our dealers seem to be squeezing us out.Either I am very very bad at negotiating or the dealers nearby cant cut it at all.With a new build they are only giving 3-4k off sticker at best.
As I mentioned, cut out all the shit and go straight to the top, see a fleet manager, he is the one you will craft your price with.

Nobody has time for the B.S. Volume has little to do with anything, dealers get kickbacks and incentives for volume, other than that, cost is cost.

2016 BMW X5 ///M

Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #21
luvthestck
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by osxcode View Post
As I mentioned, cut out all the shit and go straight to the top, see a fleet manager, he is the one you will craft your price with.

Nobody has time for the B.S. Volume has little to do with anything, dealers get kickbacks and incentives for volume, other than that, cost is cost.
How do you find a fleet manager. i am sorry but google didn't help .Is there a fleet manager for every city or each dealer ship has one?I have been checking the dealership website.I don't see anyone designated as a fleet manager.I just see a sales director .

Last edited by luvthestck; 09-10-2013 at 01:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 04:27 PM   #22
osxcode
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

You are no bother. There is a Fleet Manager at all dealers. Your dealers will have at least two of them.

2016 BMW X5 ///M

Appreciate 0