BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

04-08-2017, 04:54 AM   #1
KQF
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 730d M Sing Grey, Mocha

7 Series thefts

So in my street some guys walked up to a 63 plate 320 opened it with a device - not forced and stole just the steering wheel! The owner had CCTV but that didn't help at all!

It seems round here (Greater London - Chigwell) it seems loads of BM's and Merc being targeted normally with a laptop to open the car. She knocked to tell me as I have the G11 - how worried should I be?

Anyone know any more about this and whether our G11/G12 's are as vulnerable as the 3 or (old) 5s
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 11:38 AM   #2
speedracerlo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 Gran Coupe

Garage List
It sucks you don't get to shoot them in the head when you catch them in the act.
I would set up a trap for these scumbags and put them out of misery.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2017, 01:32 AM   #3
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

Land Rover Discovery Sport also vulnerable as well as Ford's some models . Anything with keyless go may be under risk .
BMW's system must be improved but I don't know whether it's 100% secure or not .
Such persons should be given no mercy regardless of age , first time or last time don't matter .
      04-10-2017, 07:53 AM   #4
KQF
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 730d M Sing Grey, Mocha

I called the number BMW gave me before (see my other post) and it turns out its the same online geniuses just now I can call them! They tell me that in the UK there has been no theft of a new 7 series and that if the car is opened and it doesn't detect the key i.e. using laptop the alarm will still trigger!

The immobiliser is new and improved to apparently It doesn't help me much if they steal just the steering wheel or break in and grab the key ut at least its something!

Hopefully this is something that never happens to any car owner and espeically not out new G11/G12's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivarox View Post
Land Rover Discovery Sport also vulnerable as well as Ford's some models . Anything with keyless go may be under risk .
BMW's system must be improved but I don't know whether it's 100% secure or not .
Such persons should be given no mercy regardless of age , first time or last time don't matter .
Appreciate 0