BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

09-27-2010, 07:47 AM   #67
SAMLAMBO
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 730Li

mbworldz,
Thank you for all your adivse. I have decided to go for the PIAA after reading up here and on bimmerfest. Would you know which is the model to go for which is a direct swap and bluish white?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2010, 10:17 AM   #68
mbworldz
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

7erMOB:

Yes, its hard to capture the right color through the digital camera. It is not that bluelish. But it is light blue color and it is very nice especially at dawn and night time, I mostly turn on my 8k for and low beam with the blueish AE, just look amazing. Since the lights are blueish bright, people all looking at my car. I gotta try to capture a better picture for you guys during the day.

When you said you saw those whiteline tail lights, are those for our 7 series?
or just for the 5 series? Can you find out if they will fit our 7 series and how much for a pair ? I think they look good. What do you think?

I know how hot is in Hong Kong LOL. Either hot or raining. I call my mother every night to see how she is doing.

Yes I saw those comparison for the AE light bulb in the 3 series forum. They posted the pictures also.

The conclusion is if we need to have the bright white AE, we can only use HID. Cause none of the aftermarket LEDs will make the same brightness as the new 3 and the 5 series.

Aluminum housing will definitely help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7erMOB View Post
mbworldz: Love the color on ur AE, they are very nice. I know its hard to capture the true color in camera, but in person the AE should be less blueish right?

I saw these lights in HK on sale, but was hesitating to installed them.

1. Heat is really bad in HK, summer 36+ on the road with buses and other cars on the road. The heat housing IMO is not good enough compare to like MTECH LED lights (aluminum housing) for 3 series E90 model. Heard others that this model melted in the angel eye socket area.

2. Others have had error codes as well after 2 months, keep us posted on error codes if any. Hopefully you won't have any.

Our 7er uses the same H8 AE bulb as E92, there are tons of info in the 3er section. Others should look into those forums to see which solution is best for their own needs.

PS: Wondering if E92 lighting has any input
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2010, 10:19 AM   #69
mbworldz
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

I don't know which model is for the PIAA, try google it. Make sure its H8 socket.

For instructions how to change it, check out this first post with pictures.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=415604

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMLAMBO View Post
mbworldz,
Thank you for all your adivse. I have decided to go for the PIAA after reading up here and on bimmerfest. Would you know which is the model to go for which is a direct swap and bluish white?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2010, 07:32 PM   #70
kelvin12382003
Enlisted Member
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E66 750LI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbworldz View Post
Kelvin,

Since you are going to get the 740IL in HK, can you check if this whiteline tailights is available for our 7 series ? Not sure if this is available in BMW Dealer in Hong Kong.

I can't find them here in United States.

I heard this is only for 5 series.

hey mbworldz

I am sure that they do not offer OEM whiteline tailights for our 7. but not sure about fake after market ones. you can try
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2010, 10:09 PM   #71
SAMLAMBO
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 730Li

I have checked for those white lights with the parts department here but they dont seem to have it. Let me ask someone else.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2010, 03:13 AM   #72
7erMOB
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F02 740LI

I do not see, heard, or people mention of the white lights with 7er.

BMW should not have it, and in this case I don't think any of you need to search IMO.

(My 2 cents)