BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

12-12-2023, 07:16 AM   #1
JagDoesntBuildV8sAnymore
Registered
Rep
Drives: Jag XFR Expedition Platiunum

Considering 18/19 750i - request for driving comparisons.

I've been driving an XFR for 12 years, really enjoy the car but it is hitting the point where smaller items are starting to creep in and parts can start to become an issue. I'm in between just living with it and putting a bit of money into it (minor paint and supercharger rebuild) and moving to a 750i.

I'm looking for a few driving comparisons of the 750i and any cars you've formerly owned or have enough experience with. The car is clearly luxurious and I like the relative simplicity of the design. So, driving wise, does the car remotely deserve a 'sport sedan' label or are we getting into 'big car' territory here?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2023, 09:31 AM   #2
AllIn216
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 750i xDrive, Supra 3.0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagDoesntBuildV8sAnymore View Post
I've been driving an XFR for 12 years, really enjoy the car but it is hitting the point where smaller items are starting to creep in and parts can start to become an issue. I'm in between just living with it and putting a bit of money into it (minor paint and supercharger rebuild) and moving to a 750i.

I'm looking for a few driving comparisons of the 750i and any cars you've formerly owned or have enough experience with. The car is clearly luxurious and I like the relative simplicity of the design. So, driving wise, does the car remotely deserve a 'sport sedan' label or are we getting into 'big car' territory here?
I can't recall if in Canada they sold both wheelbases (in the US they're all the LWB G12), but either way the 750 is firmly in "big car" territory. It's going to be fast, especially in a straight line, with a competent chassis. However, everything about the car is focused on isolation rather than engagement. The steering is direct and precise, but light with no feel nor feedback. It's perfectly capable of "dancing" and can be hustled with complete composure...just don't expect it to encourage such behavior.
Appreciate 0