BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

04-12-2015, 10:07 PM   #45
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Ham was cruis'in, felt like he left a lot of speed on table. Easy win.

Hope he keeps racking up the victories and soon passes Seb in career wins.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 07:14 AM   #46
gary88
Ikea enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [7.96]
Star of the day for me was Verstappen, shame his engine blew up though.
      04-13-2015, 07:36 AM   #47
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

^ agreed; he could be a good one.
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 07:52 AM   #48
thebishman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘24 iX M60

Rosberg's true colours now coming out I feel. Whiny little beotch! Either drive faster and get the lead, or shut up and be thankful that Merc have given you a great car that you can come home in second place in.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 09:17 AM   #49
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebishman View Post
Rosberg's true colours now coming out I feel. Whiny little beotch! Either drive faster and get the lead, or shut up and be thankful that Merc have given you a great car that you can come home in second place in.
And how I hate he's got a big mouth challenging other teams to catch up with mercedes. He didn't even win a race this season!
      04-13-2015, 09:46 AM   #50
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
'It's not my job to look after Nico's race' - Lewis Hamilton

'It's not my job to look after Nico's race' - Lewis Hamilton

awww~ nico needs a babysitter.....poor little thing....

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...lewis-hamilton

Lewis Hamilton has denied claims from Nico Rosberg that he tried to compromise his team-mate's race at the Chinese Grand Prix.

Hamilton beat Rosberg to victory in China with ease and it was only during the second stint that it appeared as though a genuine battle was brewing with Ferrari. Rosberg, in second place, claimed Hamilton was driving off the pace at the front in order to back him into Sebastian Vettel and in doing so put Mercedes' one-two victory at risk.

The fireworks kicked off in the post-race press conference when Rosberg confronted Hamilton directly.

"It's just now interesting to hear from you, Lewis, that you were just thinking about yourself with the pace in front and that was compromising my race," Rosberg said. "Driving slower than was maybe necessary at the beginning of the stint meant that Sebastian was very close to me, opening up the opportunity for Sebastian to try that early pit stop to try and jump me. Then I had to cover him, so first of all it was unnecessarily close to Sebastian as a result and also it cost me a lot of race time because I had to cover him at the end of the race because my stint was so much longer. Other than that there is not much to say."

But Hamilton challenged Rosberg, saying his team-mate should have attempted to pass if he felt he was being held up.

"It's not my job to look after Nico's race, it's my job to manage the car and bring it to the end as fast as possible and that's what I did," Hamilton said. "I didn't do anything intentionally to slow the cars up, I was just focusing on myself. If Nico wanted to get by he could have tried, but he didn't."

Following the press conference, he added: "I'm not quite sure how I compromised his race. He was 4.4s or 4.5s away, so he was never close and therefore I was having no impact on his race whatsoever. If he wanted to get closer and if he was right up my tail, then perhaps he could say something but he wasn't and I was on my own. If they [Mercedes] wanted to pit him early then they could easily have done that because I had life left in my tyres to keep going.

"There should be no problems in the team because we got a one-two. I'm actually really excited to see what the team meeting will be like when we go back.

"We're both fierce competitors, but ultimately today and this weekend we had a fair shot at getting the win. We both gave everything we could to bring the car back as fast as possible, so I don't think either of us are at fault."
      04-13-2015, 09:52 AM   #51
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Nico Rosberg ready to move on after 'intense' Chinese GP debrief

http://www.e90post.com/forums/newrep...e=1&p=17732307

Nico Rosberg said an "intense" debrief after the Chinese Grand Prix has allowed him to move on from the events of Sunday's race.

Rosberg felt aggrieved after the race, claiming his Mercedes team-mate Lewis Hamilton had compromised his race by backing him into Sebastian Vettel in the middle stint. Mercedes management felt Hamilton had not crossed the line and in a Twitter Q&A with fans after the race, Rosberg said he had got over his disappointment.

"It was definitely intense after the race, but we had a sit down, a good discussion and there was a lot of constructive criticism," Rosberg said. "Now for everybody it's a thing of the past and we are moving on to Bahrain."

In another answer, Rosberg said he would show more respect to Hamilton in the future when he felt it was deserved, but also explained the extent to which he thought his race had been compromised.

"You say that I was crying? Okay, I'll keep it in mind and try to show respect when it's due going forward. Why didn't I attack Lewis? I understand why you are asking that and it might difficult to understand from the outside, that's clear. But the reason is that I did try to attack him in the first stint and it didn't work - all I did was destroy my tyres and there was no point to try to do it again because this time there was Vettel right behind and it would really have risked my second place if I would have tried that because I just would have destroyed the tyres completely again and Vettel would have had a really good shot at overtaking me. My only chance to win the race or to fight Lewis and try to overtake him, would have come at the end of the race and that was what I was building up to."

Rosberg said qualifying had been the key to the weekend as starting second on the grid put him in the position to be backed into Vettel.

"Without a doubt the worse part of the weekend was losing out to Lewis in qualifying. That compromised me most and it was 0.04s. It's all down to me to be those 0.05s quicker next time."
      04-13-2015, 10:12 AM   #52
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

What a whiner. Needs to learn to keep his mouth shut. Geez.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 12:46 PM   #53
SonnyJack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3/'18 F83 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post

http://www.e90post.com/forums/newrep...e=1&p=17732307

Nico Rosberg said an "intense" debrief after the Chinese Grand Prix has allowed him to move on from the events of Sunday's race.

Rosberg felt aggrieved after the race, claiming his Mercedes team-mate Lewis Hamilton had compromised his race by backing him into Sebastian Vettel in the middle stint. Mercedes management felt Hamilton had not crossed the line and in a Twitter Q&A with fans after the race, Rosberg said he had got over his disappointment.

"It was definitely intense after the race, but we had a sit down, a good discussion and there was a lot of constructive criticism," Rosberg said. "Now for everybody it's a thing of the past and we are moving on to Bahrain."

In another answer, Rosberg said he would show more respect to Hamilton in the future when he felt it was deserved, but also explained the extent to which he thought his race had been compromised.

"You say that I was crying? Okay, I'll keep it in mind and try to show respect when it's due going forward. Why didn't I attack Lewis? I understand why you are asking that and it might difficult to understand from the outside, that's clear. But the reason is that I did try to attack him in the first stint and it didn't work - all I did was destroy my tyres and there was no point to try to do it again because this time there was Vettel right behind and it would really have risked my second place if I would have tried that because I just would have destroyed the tyres completely again and Vettel would have had a really good shot at overtaking me. My only chance to win the race or to fight Lewis and try to overtake him, would have come at the end of the race and that was what I was building up to."

Rosberg said qualifying had been the key to the weekend as starting second on the grid put him in the position to be backed into Vettel.

"Without a doubt the worse part of the weekend was losing out to Lewis in qualifying. That compromised me most and it was 0.04s. It's all down to me to be those 0.05s quicker next time."
Nico, please STFU until you actually do something this year! Be aggressive, take a chance, do SOMETHING other than blame others for your failure to win so far this year! And stop asking for assistance during races! Drive the car!!!

Shouldn't be too long now before he turns kamikaze again.
AA Gen 2 Lvl 2 w/Meth; MagnaFlow catless x-pipe; Dinan Underdrive Pulley; VAC Coated Bearings; ARP Rod Bolts; Oil Diverter Valve; Dinan Strut Braces; Dinan Rear Toe Links; ECS Rear Trailing Arms; MCS 2-Way NR w/700F-1000R; GC Camber Plates; AKG 75D MM & 95A TM; CAE Shifter; Titan T-S5; StopTech ST60 380mm/ST40 355mm; MFactory DS; Zebulon Splitter; Zebulon 330 Rear Wing; Gutted w/Piper Motorsports Custom Cage; OMP WRC-R Seats
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 12:57 PM   #54
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
What a whiner. Needs to learn to keep his mouth shut. Geez.
Nico need to realize that there are ~20 other drivers in the field that would be just as fast in his car and would not whine. He is a lucky sob and need to think about that and just go racing and enjoy it. He comes across very badly every time he speaks. He make it very easy to take HAM's side.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 05:30 PM   #55
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyJack View Post
Nico, please STFU until you actually do something this year! Be aggressive, take a chance, do SOMETHING other than blame others for your failure to win so far this year! And stop asking for assistance during races! Drive the car!!!

Shouldn't be too long now before he turns kamikaze again.
He tried....when he was 5-6 seconds behind Hamilton.

And he tried before, in Spa, and look what happened. Turned into public enemy instantly.
      04-13-2015, 06:28 PM   #56
SonnyJack
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
He tried....when he was 5-6 seconds behind Hamilton.

And he tried before, in Spa, and look what happened. Turned into public enemy instantly.
And that's the comedy of it all. He seems to think he is in the same class as the top drivers and he just isn't. He stayed 4-5 seconds behind HAM because that's the best he could muster. Even early on when he was 1-2 seconds back there was no chance of him overtaking. He needs to just accept his status as a good, but second tier driver. I truly think you could put any of the other "top tier" drivers in the MERC and they would beat ROS.
AA Gen 2 Lvl 2 w/Meth; MagnaFlow catless x-pipe; Dinan Underdrive Pulley; VAC Coated Bearings; ARP Rod Bolts; Oil Diverter Valve; Dinan Strut Braces; Dinan Rear Toe Links; ECS Rear Trailing Arms; MCS 2-Way NR w/700F-1000R; GC Camber Plates; AKG 75D MM & 95A TM; CAE Shifter; Titan T-S5; StopTech ST60 380mm/ST40 355mm; MFactory DS; Zebulon Splitter; Zebulon 330 Rear Wing; Gutted w/Piper Motorsports Custom Cage; OMP WRC-R Seats
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 06:37 PM   #57
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
yea, ROS never had a chance to overtake HAM. He was roughly over 1 sec behind by the time the DRS was enabled. he might have destroyed his tires trying to catch up but was never close to even think about passing

i don't care if he whines, as long as he doesn't try to pull another SPA
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 08:45 PM   #58
five_timer
no turbo, no auto, no iDrive, no kidding
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyJack View Post
And that's the comedy of it all. He seems to think he is in the same class as the top drivers and he just isn't. He stayed 4-5 seconds behind HAM because that's the best he could muster. Even early on when he was 1-2 seconds back there was no chance of him overtaking. He needs to just accept his status as a good, but second tier driver. I truly think you could put any of the other "top tier" drivers in the MERC and they would beat ROS.
A lot of knee-jerk posturing here. ROS outqualified HAM last year, and beat him on-track several times. He's no hack. He consistently beat Schumacher for 2 years. Raikkonen is often listed among the top drivers, yet he's been roundly trumped by both Alonso and Vettel, so what does that mean?

Clearly, Hamilton's more comfortable than ROS with this year's car, but that can change. It had better change, or this will be one damn boring year.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 08:52 PM   #59
five_timer
no turbo, no auto, no iDrive, no kidding
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

Oh, and remember all the years everyone was writing-off Massa, while Bottas was the next messiah? Who's beating who now?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 11:45 PM   #60
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 11:49 PM   #61
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by five_timer View Post
A lot of knee-jerk posturing here. ROS outqualified HAM last year, and beat him on-track several times. He's no hack. He consistently beat Schumacher for 2 years. Raikkonen is often listed among the top drivers, yet he's been roundly trumped by both Alonso and Vettel, so what does that mean?

Clearly, Hamilton's more comfortable than ROS with this year's car, but that can change. It had better change, or this will be one damn boring year.
Last year Nico had a chance, but he never beat Hamilton on the track. All of his race wins were either Hamilton suffered problems, or Merc drivers tripping over each other, or being controversial.

I do have to give him the kudo's of being a better qualifier. But that's about it.

He's is decent, but I don't think he can be consistency be Championship material for several years. I mean hunting for the championship for several years.

This year so far, he's nothing but showing he can BS. He hasn't done his driving to prove himself.

All being said, are driver's ability being more influenced by their comfort level of the cars, and how good the car is? Compare to the past ages, we can often see legends made occasional miracle with a POS.
Cars are a lot more complicated, with KERS, HERS, Power Unit, Brake by Wire, and when to lift-and-cruise, conserve fuel and energy, as well as tire management. All along with usual car set up.
      04-14-2015, 10:37 AM   #62
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Lewis Hamilton slammed for spraying champagne on hostess at Chinese Grand Prix

Hypocrites.....

Lewis Hamilton slammed for spraying champagne on hostess at Chinese Grand Prix

http://shanghaiist.com/2015/04/14/le...ay-hostess.php

Formula One champion Lewis Hamilton is being castigated online after celebrating Sunday's victory at the Chinese Grand Prix in Shanghai by spraying one of the hostesses with champagne.

Images posted exhaustively on social media show the Mercedes driver standing on the top tier of a podium and unleashing a flow of freshly popped champagne on the helpless Formula One hostess, who kind of smiles uncomfortably in response.

The driver has since gotten a verbal lashing from web users who've called him out as being a "pig" and a "wanker" (he's British, after all). Anti-sexism campaigners have likewise described Hamilton's celebratory splashing as being "selfish and inconsiderate"—especially because he'd already been criticized for drenching a hostess with bubbly at the Spanish Grand Prix last year.

"It is surely a very difficult position to be a grid girl and she would have had little option but to stand there and take it," Roz Hardie told MailOnline. Hardie is the chief executive of Object, a group campaigning against media sexism and "sex object culture".

Hardie added that Hamilton's signature move of douchery shines light on the general issue of women being sexualized in the sporting world.

"Motor racing appears to unnecessarily portray women as sexualised objects and that probably makes it even harder for the women to stand up for themselves. We would hope people in the industry would be respectful to these women."

04-14-2015, 11:08 AM   #63
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

^
Blah...blah...blah. No one gives a sh*t.

Anyone on the podium when the bottles are open is fair game to get sprayed.

Otherwise get them off the stage you morons.

Last edited by hellrotm; 04-14-2015 at 11:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2015, 11:16 AM   #64
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

I mean no one has ever sprayed a woman during podium celebration. Never seen than happen.

How about this, anyone chastising Lewis is racist.

and on...and...on.......
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2015, 11:53 AM   #65
SonnyJack
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
Could you look more like a spoiled brat even if you tried??!! My word Nico, please grow a set!

Hamilton is no saint, but at least he leaves it on the track. Nico just seems to accept second and then complain about it. Just once I'd like to see him go balls out, pass HAM, and then pull away!

I know.......who am I kidding.....?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2015, 11:57 AM   #66
Terry989
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X1 xDrive M Sport

At least something good came out of the boring Chinese Grand Prix - - - - a new shirt design from blipshift!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0