BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

05-11-2013, 11:24 PM   #1
MKBMF01
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw 750i f01

Which Wheels?

Hey guys, i have been going to dealer about vibration problem since i bought my car and now after replacing my tires for excessive road force he says 3 my rims are bent somehow. Even though I had this problem from first, he says they were not bent before. I have no clue how they can bend when I have one of the best road in my area and no one except me drives the car nd i never hit a pot hole or something that sort. long story short, I am looking for some wheels and tires for 2k, i know its a bit on cheaper side but right now thats what i can do. So please suggest me some wheels that you might have got or that will look good.Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 09:24 AM   #2
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 750 MSPORT & E90M3

Go with Forgestar or BBS rotary forged wheels. They should cost less than OEM wheels and they're much stronger/lighter.

I would do 20s, since 22s have too little rubber for comfort (especially you bent 3 of 4 wheels). For tires, I would do Contis DW or DWS non-RFTs. Contis are quiet, durable, light, and less expensive compared to OEM RFTs.

If you can afford more for tires and bent wheels, go with 22s. Check BlownM3's ride.

http://www.7post.com/forums/showthre...er+replacement
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 10:04 AM   #3
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranavf01 View Post
Hey guys, i have been going to dealer about vibration problem since i bought my car and now after replacing my tires for excessive road force he says 3 my rims are bent somehow. Even though I had this problem from first, he says they were not bent before. I have no clue how they can bend when I have one of the best road in my area and no one except me drives the car nd i never hit a pot hole or something that sort.
Tell me about it! I've had a similar experience relating to something else. Before you spend money on a new set, have an independent shop verify whether or not the rims are bent.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 10:39 AM   #4
MKBMF01
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw 750i f01

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNoSol View Post
Go with Forgestar or BBS rotary forged wheels. They should cost less than OEM wheels and they're much stronger/lighter.

I would do 20s, since 22s have too little rubber for comfort (especially you bent 3 of 4 wheels). For tires, I would do Contis DW or DWS non-RFTs. Contis are quiet, durable, light, and less expensive compared to OEM RFTs.

If you can afford more for tires and bent wheels, go with 22s. Check BlownM3's ride.

http://www.7post.com/forums/showthre...er+replacement
Thanks for the suggestion, iam looking in the range of 20inch, i already broke a 22inch lexanis of my friends in downtown pot hole.
ouch, they just split in half, seriously doubt they strength
he got his money back since they just split for no reason.

Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 10:48 AM   #5
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 750 MSPORT & E90M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranavf01 View Post

The trick is to avoid pot holes.
Your buddy's ride is sitting way too high, looks like an SUV unless it's on jack stands. Lexani's are usually not forged wheels, so they're heavy and soft. It's not hard to bend/break them with normal driving.
Appreciate 0