BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

05-03-2008, 01:33 PM   #23
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
... wtf looks like the eclipse
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2008, 02:21 PM   #24
DM1
Captain
Mexico
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper S Paceman

Garage List
2007 Z4 3.0si  [7.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
2005 Renault Megane RS  [0.00]
It will come out with some strange design cues, however it will be nice in the end, just as the current Z,...

I really like the idea of a Z, but don't know if I would go from a BMW to a Nissan,...

Follow my blog at http://dmauto.wordpress.com
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2008, 02:22 PM   #25
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

if they fix that wacky front end....ill go back to a Z in a heartbeat.....im over bmw
      05-03-2008, 03:38 PM   #26
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
if they fix that wacky front end....ill go back to a Z in a heartbeat.....im over bmw
LOL. I may own the new Z as well simply because I don't wish to own the 335i over the 50k miles mark. And I don't want to get a car that is more expensive than the BMW.

This is the primary reason why I'm going to the L.A. autoshow in the Fall, first official unveiling of the Z.

I'm crossing my fingers for an Infiniti-like interior update. All of those pictures are old. Here are the newest 2..

This month's issue of Car And Driver

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=6753

This actually looks OK.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2008, 03:42 PM   #27
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep

well im not big on the headlights or the front bumper...but im sure they wont shoot themselves in the foot like that.

also according to nissan they are aiming to take down the cayman....if they took down the turbo with the gtr im sure they can take the cayman with the Z
      05-03-2008, 03:47 PM   #28
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
well im not big on the headlights or the front bumper...but im sure they wont shoot themselves in the foot like that.

also according to nissan they are aiming to take down the cayman....if they took down the turbo with the gtr im sure they can take the cayman with the Z
I'm thinking it's a new look that will grow on people. I remember some older Z owners were bashing on the 06's with the LED head lights and now they love it.

What will make or break the car is the price tag. They need to keep the price tag almost the same as the 350z IMO. A couple of grands increase is fine, just nothing outrageous since the Z has a bunch of different trims..a grand touring roadster 370Z can be quite costly if the influx is too much.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2008, 03:49 PM   #29
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
I'm thinking it's a new look that will grow on people. I remember some older Z owners were bashing on the 06's with the LED head lights and now they love it.

What will make or break the car is the price tag. They need to keep the price tag almost the same as the 350z IMO. A couple of grands increase is fine, just nothing outrageous since the Z has a bunch of different trims..a grand touring roadster 370Z can be quite costly if the influx is too much.
well i had my 06 and bought base on purpose being as that i knew i would change everything out

i had full suspension
lsd
sounds upgrade
wheels
brakes

blah blah blah

i dont see a purpose to the upper trim for me unless i really really want leather...which i dont care for in a sports car

that being said...i would buy another base...which will prolly stay under 30k
      05-03-2008, 03:53 PM   #30
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

If I get the Z, I'd get one with navigation (if it has the Infiniti touch). I would only get coilovers and some nice Volks, lol.

I hope that it has a comfort access like entry, since the new Altimas have that now.

The only way I'm paying for leather is if I have the electronic seat leveling thing like the BMW, lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2008, 03:58 PM   #31
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
If I get the Z, I'd get one with navigation (if it has the Infiniti touch). I would only get coilovers and some nice Volks, lol.

I hope that it has a comfort access like entry, since the new Altimas have that now.

The only way I'm paying for leather is if I have the electronic seat leveling thing like the BMW, lol.
I have navi in my benz and never use it, so i didnt see the point in getting it on my 335

so i wouldnt get it on the Z...the only thing i would spend money on is the comfort access type thing and bluetooth