BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

05-11-2018, 07:25 AM   #1
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

NEW RELEASE: Stage 1 DINANTRONICS Elite (750i/Li)

Name:  G30_M550i_Forum_Banner.jpg
Views: 3144
Size:  267.0 KB

DINANTRONICS Elite For the BMW G11/G12 750i/Li

Dinan's roots are well entrenched in the 5 and 7 series BMW with those sedans being a cornerstone of each generation of Dinan tuning. While most aftermarket companies tend to focus on the sporty coupes and smaller 3 series we have strived to ensure that the bigger cars, and those who drive them, have an outlet to pursue enhanced performance as well. From the E28 535i to the F10 M5 the course has remained; and it now continues into the G chassis 5 & 7 series.

With a substantial bump in torque down low of over 90 lb-ft of torque on some applications, the 'seat of your pants' will surely approve. Coupled with a consistent 30-40 HP increase (or more on the 750i) over the entire power band the DINANTRONICS system is a power solution you will enjoy day after day. The tuner utilizes a myriad of inputs to achieve the increase in power but more importantly uses these extra inputs to deliver the smoothest factory-like experience possible just as you would expect from any Dinan tuning product. Unadulterated enjoyment is a DINANTRONICS module away.

Part Number: D440-1656-ST1
Applications: 2016+ G11 750i Sedan, 2016+ G12 750Li Sedan
Product Page / Pricing: https://www.dinancars.com/product/d4...?series=&mid=/
Max Power Gains: +64 HP / +95 TRQ (Crank); +57 HP / +88 TRQ (Wheel)
Install Time: 2 hours
Release Date: Available Now!

Name:  M550i_DPT.jpg
Views: 2866
Size:  180.8 KB

Description: Stage 1 (DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner ONLY) Maximum Power on the G11/G12 750Li (RWD) 524 HP, 648 lb-ft of torque (Crank); 471 HP, 599 lb-ft of torque (Wheel).

The Dinan Difference

The DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner is a highly engineered piece of computer hardware and software that enhances engine performance to levels the stock programming is not allowed to venture into. It does this without negatively affecting your new car warranty coverage and without affecting long term reliability or the functionality of on-board diagnostic systems. It is also the only tuning device designed to be emissions legal in all 50 states. These items are unique to Dinan and together they embody the apex of performance engineering in a powerful, reliable, and warrantied package.

The Dinan Difference is possible by employing a full staff of talented engineers that are well rounded in many facets of automotive engineering and backed by a wealth of hands on knowledge. Stemming from diverse backgrounds not only on racing teams but on standard factory production line vehicles we have seen it all. Manipulating these signals with an adept hand all the while keeping an engine running at its best and with the most reliable power is what Dinan is all about.

Well Engineered

Plug-in tuning devices all have one thing in common, they send a modified signal to the factory ECU, telling it the boost pressure is below target values. This then causes the factory ECU to raise the boost pressure to what it thinks is the correct value. This modified boost pressure signal causes errors in fuel mixture and ignition timing. These errors can cause the on-board diagnostics systems to set faults, but they can also cause exceedingly high catalyst temperatures and a loss of power. In addition, when power is increased, exhaust gas temperature will increase as well and this must be countered with a slightly richer air/fuel mixture. The DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner has the capability to correct short term trim as well as ignition timing errors induced by raising boost pressure. This enables Dinan calibration engineers to optimize air/fuel mixture and ignition timing at elevated boost pressure throughout the entire gamut of engine RPM and engine load. Additionally, the ability to correct short term trim corrections (the difference between target and scheduled fuel mixture) remain within OEM specifications. This minimizes knock sensor activity, which in turn means smooth engine performance, catalyst protection and power increase, while this is also required to make the car emissions legal.

State-of-the-Art Hardware

The DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner is engineered using the best possible components and advanced hardware. The wiring harness uses OE connectors and expandable braided wiring sleeves ensuring that all visible components appear as if they come straight from the factory. More importantly however it guarantees long lasting and dependable performance due to the use of high heat, moisture and abrasion resistant materials and design. The other hardware element involved is the Dinan electronic control unit (ECU) itself. While its outward appearance may seem tame, the processing power and sophistication held within its internal circuitry is anything but. Capable of delivering signals to various systems at an astonishing 4000 times per second the DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner yields the power to control all current signals delivered to the ECU as well as those developed in the future without a hiccup in performance or reliability. This immense processing power equates to a high degree of engine control resulting in a much lower likelihood of setting a fault. In addition smoother running conditions and superior drivability are achieved, all of which are Dinan hallmarks.

Unmatched Warranty

Dinan's comprehensive warranty program, introduced in 1997, provides superior warranty coverage to that which you would find elsewhere. If your vehicle is currently covered by the vehicle manufacturer's new car limited warranty, Dinan® products are warranted for the remaining term of the vehicle manufacturer's new car limited warranty. The manufacturer's new car warranty is limited to 4 years or 50,000 miles (80,000 kilometers in Canada), commencing on the date of first retail sale or the date the vehicle is first placed in-service as a demonstrator or company vehicle, whichever is earlier. Dinan's warranties are transferable when ownership of the vehicle into which the Dinan products were originally installed is sold. BMW automobiles can now be performance-tuned without the associated concern of negatively affecting the new car warranty coverage.

Designed to be 50 State Emissions Legal

The DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner was designed and built to be the only tuning box on the market that is emissions legal in all 50 states. CARB EO has been submitted and approval is pending.

Drivability

There is more to a tune than just cranking up the boost. Power needs to come on smoothly and in a predictable way to make the car as fun to drive at wide open throttle as cruising around town. It is your BMW, but reborn with new found acceleration and speed.

Installation

Installation takes under an hour and is available through our network of 300+ Dinan Dealers. Log on to www.dinancars.com to find your nearest dealer.

Designed for the Future

The DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner was engineered with future expansion of functionality in mind. Boasting the most powerful processing power on the market the DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner can handle more functions and processes than any of its contemporaries. To that end the Dinan performance tuner is capable of interfacing with much more should the need arise down the road. This means that when new functions are developed there will be no need for a new tuning module. Simply a short software update at your local Dinan dealer. Potentially a supplemental harness may be needed to take full advantage of more advanced stages and bolt-ons in future development. Also keep in mind that if you are upgrading in stages, the only cost incurred to you is the price difference between the two stages (and any supporting hardware mods).

Satisfaction Guaranteed

Dinan guarantees you will be impressed by the DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner and the performance it provides that we offer a 3-Day return policy. If you aren't satisfied with what the Dinan solution brings to the table within 3 days of install you can go back to your dealer for a full refund (installation labor costs still apply).

For a full breakdown of the various tuning options within the tiered DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner lineup please visit our comparison page, HERE, to understand which step in the 'evolution of power' is right for you.

Name:  750iCrank.jpg
Views: 2920
Size:  208.8 KB
Name:  750iWheel.jpg
Views: 2890
Size:  239.2 KB
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2018, 07:43 AM   #2
Jlnike
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 e90 m3 07 e90 328xi

I'm interested in this, few questions.

I want to confirm it wouldn't void original 4yr 50k warranty?
I could bring it into bmw service and i don't have to remove it beforehand?
Do i have to have it installed by an approved installer or can i do it myself and still not void warranty?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2018, 07:53 AM   #3
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlnike View Post
I'm interested in this, few questions.

I want to confirm it wouldn't void original 4yr 50k warranty?
I could bring it into bmw service and i don't have to remove it beforehand?
Do i have to have it installed by an approved installer or can i do it myself and still not void warranty?

Thanks
1. If BMW NA rejects a warranty claim due to a Dinan modification the claim is shifted over to Dinan to take care of. Been the same process for 20+ years.
2. You do not have to remove it for service work beforehand. You wouldn't want to anyway given how much labor would be involved (removing airboxes, etc).
3. You can install yourself but it would create a warranty gray area as we can not guarantee your labor. Basically if you do something in the course of installation (ie: dont unplug the battery and fry the DME) or the cause of failure can be traced to an improper installation then it would not be covered under warranty. We will always recommend having product installed by an authorized dealer just to eliminate potential issues but you can self-install if desired. Just have some fine print to deal with is all.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2018, 08:45 PM   #4
Jlnike
First Lieutenant
Rep

Pm sent
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2018, 05:27 AM   #5
LZR
Meat Popsicle
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M760i 2016 X5M

Garage List
2018 M760i  [9.00]
2016 X5M  [10.00]
Anything in the works for the M760i...
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2018, 06:58 AM   #6
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZR View Post
Anything in the works for the M760i...
There is not. With such low production we didn't want to dedicate the resources to the vehicle even though we have have been offered development cars multiple times. The resources are simply better utilized elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2018, 06:58 PM   #7
Speedy818
Rep
Drives: 2016 750i xDrive

Sooooo... this is good news, but I’m unclear if the application is for the G12 750 xDrive or the RWD. I put Xdrive in the configurator and got this one, but it says RWD. And is the any testing done already with the tuner and the free flow exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2018, 07:15 PM   #8
Jlnike
First Lieutenant
Rep

im assuming it was tested on a dyno with RWD but will work for x-drive
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2018, 07:23 PM   #9
Speedy818
Rep

Quote:
Then the crank numbers would be the same, I’d think.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2018, 07:25 PM   #10
Jlnike
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy818 View Post
Quote:
Then the crank numbers would be the same, I’d think.
Agreed
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2018, 01:35 PM   #11
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sooooo... this is good news, but I’m unclear if the application is for the G12 750 xDrive or the RWD. I put Xdrive in the configurator and got this one, but it says RWD. And is the any testing done already with the tuner and the free flow exhaust?
Quote:

Would work on both the xDrive and RWD. Test 7 series was a RWD variant and the M550i (same kit) was an xDrive so the numbers due to drivetrain losses are a bit different. Just an attempt at reflecting both.

The exhaust on the vehicle will add a bit of top end HP but nothing terribly meaningful. For all intents and purposes the exhaust is a sound only modification.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2018, 02:33 PM   #12
LZR
Meat Popsicle
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M760i 2016 X5M

Garage List
2018 M760i  [9.00]
2016 X5M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
There is not. With such low production we didn't want to dedicate the resources to the vehicle even though we have have been offered development cars multiple times. The resources are simply better utilized elsewhere.
I assumed that would be your position on them and do understand. My preplanned reply to this was I read somewhere there would be a M8 modle out before too long with this 12 in it and maybe even a X7 12 variant.

Don't really spend much time on such things just browse every now and then so maybe I may be confusing speculation from facts but if that is right and several units with that engine might bring up demand enough worth laying some of the ground work be first to market. Really I just want to see you or anybody dyno of the damn thing.

I have an X5M with your full sig pack. stage 2 kit, intake and exhaust package and it is great but the M760i is just a bit quicker. Not huge but first noted it when I went to pick up the M760I and had my cousin follow me home in the X5M. We had several good runs and one that was awesome from a dead stop onto about a 1/2-3/4 mile straight freeway onramp. If not dead even I kind of felt maybe was nudging away from the X5M just slightly up to pretty good top speed before we slowed to merge onto the freeway. That was my first taste.

Amway not broken in and stock it was either dead flat or just a hair quicker than the X5M with your package that your testing data show I should be around 716 horse and 702 torque with a 5,260 pound curb weight. The M760i has a 5,128 pound curb weight which is a small difference and between my cousin and myself it probably is now dead even if not tipping my way.

Now that it is somewhat broken in with about 700 miles on it we took it out again recently as I have noticed a little more umph out of the M760I recently specially at the top of second and third gear so wanted to do some comparisons now. It is clearly faster. It is not huge and really it is like how fast a elderly man would walk away from you but and most ly between 0-80mph after that it is hard to tell but I think they even up a bit.

Anyway I really want to see what it does on the dyno and really could go for an exaust upgrade to take the muzzle off this amazing V12. I know it could sound just beautiful but they did not make the car to be obnoxious loud so they have suppressed most of the sound and I am am sure a little extra air flow would not hurt the performance either.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2018, 03:59 PM   #13
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I assumed that would be your position on them and do understand. My preplanned reply to this was I read somewhere there would be a M8 modle out before too long with this 12 in it and maybe even a X7 12 variant.

Don't really spend much time on such things just browse every now and then so maybe I may be confusing speculation from facts but if that is right and several units with that engine might bring up demand enough worth laying some of the ground work be first to market. Really I just want to see you or anybody dyno of the damn thing.

I have an X5M with your full sig pack. stage 2 kit, intake and exhaust package and it is great but the M760i is just a bit quicker. Not huge but first noted it when I went to pick up the M760I and had my cousin follow me home in the X5M. We had several good runs and one that was awesome from a dead stop onto about a 1/2-3/4 mile straight freeway onramp. If not dead even I kind of felt maybe was nudging away from the X5M just slightly up to pretty good top speed before we slowed to merge onto the freeway. That was my first taste.

Amway not broken in and stock it was either dead flat or just a hair quicker than the X5M with your package that your testing data show I should be around 716 horse and 702 torque with a 5,260 pound curb weight. The M760i has a 5,128 pound curb weight which is a small difference and between my cousin and myself it probably is now dead even if not tipping my way.

Now that it is somewhat broken in with about 700 miles on it we took it out again recently as I have noticed a little more umph out of the M760I recently specially at the top of second and third gear so wanted to do some comparisons now. It is clearly faster. It is not huge and really it is like how fast a elderly man would walk away from you but and most ly between 0-80mph after that it is hard to tell but I think they even up a bit.

Anyway I really want to see what it does on the dyno and really could go for an exaust upgrade to take the muzzle off this amazing V12. I know it could sound just beautiful but they did not make the car to be obnoxious loud so they have suppressed most of the sound and I am am sure a little extra air flow would not hurt the performance either.
Being a true M car we would ultimately do at least some work on the M8 when it comes out. Those are our bread and butter after all. Whether or not its entirely similar to the M760i and thus parts/development would be more or less interchangeable though remains to be seen.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2018, 10:31 PM   #14
Speedy818
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Would work on both the xDrive and RWD. Test 7 series was a RWD variant and the M550i (same kit) was an xDrive so the numbers due to drivetrain losses are a bit different. Just an attempt at reflecting both.

The exhaust on the vehicle will add a bit of top end HP but nothing terribly meaningful. For all intents and purposes the exhaust is a sound only modification.

Ok thanks. One more stupid question: is the hp/trq increase in all drive modes (comfort, sport, eco) or just one or two of the three?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2018, 10:38 PM   #15
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ok thanks. One more stupid question: is the hp/trq increase in all drive modes (comfort, sport, eco) or just one or two of the three?
All drive modes get the additional power but with how each of those settings is programmed in shifting, throttle response, etc you will feel like you have the most benefit in SPORT. While the power would be there in COMFORT it is simply harder to access as the car will prefer to short shift, etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 02:55 PM   #16
Jlnike
First Lieutenant
Rep

do you know when these will ship out?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 04:21 PM   #17
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
do you know when these will ship out?
If it was ordered last week or Monday it should have already shipped out. That said, we went through the initial 50 very quickly so we are already back ordered a handful of units. Waiting on the next batch of harnesses which are due in shortly.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 04:53 PM   #18
Jlnike
First Lieutenant
Rep

Monday, nice . Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2018, 11:51 AM   #19
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M760Li

Quote:

+1 M760Li please
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2018, 04:39 PM   #20
2006bmw750li
Rep
Drives: 2007 997tt

Curious what kind of 0-60 can one expect on a 2018 750i xdrive short wheel base (in Canada)..
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2018, 06:06 PM   #21
Arturo_spain
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep
Drives: M760Li MY2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLaneJB View Post
+1 M760Li please

Please, please another M760Li

-M760Li MY2018
-RR Sport 4.4 SDV8 MY2016
-Mini Cooper Cabrio MY2018
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2018, 08:02 PM   #22
Jlnike
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006bmw750li View Post
Curious what kind of 0-60 can one expect on a 2018 750i xdrive short wheel base (in Canada)..
Hope dinan has the answer but I can't wait to find out.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0