BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

04-26-2016, 07:26 AM   #67
bb1857
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Garage List
2007 BMW 335 E92  [0.00]
2015 BMW 428GC  [0.00]
2014 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdM5 View Post
Exactly, it will probably more like 2030-2040.
Yes take this example for instance. You're in your autonomous car hurtling along a random street in anywhere USA playing a video game and someone pulls out in front of you. The car decides a crash/accident is unavoidable but here's where it gets sticky....the crash options are A: potentially kill you by hitting the car that pulled out(not ideal) B: crash into a group of kids waiting for a school bus(kinda dark I know but making a point) C: move into another lane where their is a car loaded with 4 adults potentially killing them. It will be a long time before a car has enough decision making ability to decide which of these three is the best outcome overall and quite honestly I am not sure I want a computer deciding if I live or die. The google search for lawyers will get very long because everyone will want to be one as there will be lots of litigations moving forward. We already know car makers usually try to avoid controversy so mowing down a group of kids and parents at a bus stop won't likely end well for said mfg. Just a thought...

Last edited by bb1857; 04-27-2016 at 06:31 AM..
Appreciate 0