BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

04-08-2017, 09:35 AM   #1
JimmyMc
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1

Connected Drive App Continued Problems

I've been using the Connected Drive app on my iPhone since the first iteration.

It continues to have major bugs that BMW USA won't even acknowledge, much less fix. A new bug revealed itself today - one that a competent developer would have easily foreseen and fixed.

I'm driving from Chicago (CDT) to Detroit (EDT). Just about 4 hours. However the app doesn't recognize crossing the time boundary in Michigan, predicting an arrival time incorrect by one hour.

I've noticed previously that the time in the car doesn't change when crossing the time border either. At some time it updates, but not in the appropriate location. This is contrary to my other devices (iPhone, iPad) that seem to update the time within a mile or two after entering the new time zone.

Name:  connected.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  261.4 KB
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2017, 07:16 AM   #2
bueller
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 EB F31 2018 LG F80

Garage List
I use WAZE for all my navigational needs. I find the Connected Drive stuff useless. Software is difficult and the half assed approach that pretty much all manufacturers (except Tesla) take regarding software leads to nowhere but frustration.

B.
Appreciate 0