BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

10-11-2014, 10:36 PM   #45
GuyOh
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 LB M2 / 2020 X5 40i

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [10.00]
2020 Bmw X5 40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petros View Post
And............ we have the first Canadian brainwashed Faux News fanboy. Let me guess, you also think Harper is a great leader too, right?
Lol
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2014, 01:11 AM   #46
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
And............ we have the first Canadian brainwashed Faux News fanboy. Let me guess, you also think Harper is a great leader too, right?
STF and leave politics out of the F1 threads.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2014, 01:15 AM   #47
valbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW F10 M5 CP 600 hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhynes View Post
Are you kidding? Do you understand anything about geopolitics? The US is no angel, but at the end of the day is a true functional democracy with rule of law, real competitive elections, a true independent judiciary, an independent media, and general transparency at all levels of government (if somewhat imperfect).

Russia has again become a police state controlled by a single party/leader, aggressively using KGB-style tactics and military power to impinge on the sovereignty of Ukraine, and other regions.

There is a world of difference between these two countries...
To my opinion, you are partially correct about Russian internal issues and specific behavior of Putin (for whom I never voted since the 2000). And partially correct about US true democracy and transparency also with leader-specific impeachment issues and healthcare issue ets. Maybe before making the conclusions and public statements on "police state" you have even red this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ary_operations and totally comfortable with this way of democracy setting.

But it looks to me you are talking about geopolitics in the area I live all my life when sitting at the opposite side of the world learning Europe by Jen Psaki. And I think you are missing the point. Many people have no idea what Ukraine and Russia really is, where it is on the map, never been there, but you see the majority of members here keep anyway aside their political opinions.

Despite E90SLAM tried a number of times to calm down the trolls and turn the current thread in "Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion" back to F1 talk which makes all of us unite, there are still people knowledgeable about every single piece of the Universe watching TV in Kansas City (or wherever else). You know, when somebody says: the Russians, the Americans, and the Canadians let’s agree, there is no equation between the nation and the Cabinet with its politics, army and media. Citizen and patriot is not a headless dumb that fully supports all and every President’s word and decision.

I had to write that comment because I respect the forum and wisdom and passion of the majority of its members (you cannot even imagine what happens in our forums about that matter) but I cannot keep sitting and watching how my country is being made the Planet Evil. There is somehow true what you said about my country, but also be prepared to hear something new about your own country if the forum discussion deviates from context that way.

You probably never heard or not allowed to hear about many facts about the military take-over in Kiev that has happened last winter. And you have never seen SWAT officers shut down by the crowd on the street or burned alive with a bottle of petrol (you are not allowed to see that on your TV). Maybe you did not see Nazi flags flying there everywhere and marches of the private armies of local nationalist billionaires (you are not allowed to know about it). And how the Nazi crowds burned alive 50 demonstrants in Odessa being sieged inside of the Trade Union building. And how the young nationalistic gangs all wearing masks throw down monuments and draw swastika at the walls of Kiev. And what is the historical basis of what happens in South-East of the country. And many other reasons that are totally offtop here, but such comments like yours seem to be out of context and offtop too, sorry.

I lived in Kiev for 25 years, half Russian half Ukrainian, still travel often to see my parents and friends, and the last trip was end of June. One of my reasons to leave the country in the middle of 90’s was that the new nationalistic government has decided: the 18% ethnic Russians have no right to use Russian language in schools, business and formal communication. Hey, can you imagine that to happen in your country? Tell me which would be the one and only national language in Canada, or multinational Switzerland, or Finland?

Now please guess where those ethnic Russians live in Ukraine. I will open you a top secret: this is the Crimea and South-East of Ukraine. So, Russia had actually not too much to do there, because ethnic Russians historically resident in these areas and their rights were smashed. This is the beginning of 90’s not the 2014, when the fundamental was created in Ukraine for the widest national conflict and tragedy.

The country has gone through ethnic discrimination of the 90’s, incredible state corruption of the consecutive governments within next twenty years, the economy was totally fucked up. And now it turned into genocide and a full-scale civil war there now, in the 21st century.

Millions of people like me are the evident how the blessed "sovereignty of Ukraine, and other regions" has been traded out by their leaders within last twenty three years, and today's president is a billionaire who was a part and sponsor of the government since 2003 and is responsible for the situation in the country. You guys are so far away and you are not allowed at least to come and see facts before making your own conclusions totally based on all this propaganda crap.

This is sad but true how the information from both sides are perverted by all and every national mass media. Please don't buy it and question yourself before copying into your mind all whatever they say.

And this is great the cars and sports and F1 are bringing people together, so also this forum does. When we start talking, it is normal that we see from different angles but let’s be smart and respect each other. Nothing is simple and black-and-white.

Welcome to reality, no kidding.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2014, 02:41 AM   #48
Jenya B
Lieutenant
Russia
Rep
Drives: Z4 , X5 F15d Msport

Needless to say Valera , you are right . I'm also have bunch of relatives in Crimea and they VERY happy to be "annexed " by Russia .
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2014, 06:54 AM   #49
Petros
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
STF and leave politics out of the F1 threads.
If you would have bothered to pay attention in Grade 1 and actually learned how to read, then you'd have realized that the politics started by some idiot americans calling for a boycott of the Russian GP.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2014, 07:00 AM   #50
Petros
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valery.BMW View Post
To my opinion, you are partially correct about Russian internal issues and specific behavior of Putin (for whom I never voted since the 2000). And partially correct about US true democracy and transparency also with leader-specific impeachment issues and healthcare issue ets. Maybe before making the conclusions and public statements on "police state" you have even red this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ary_operations and totally comfortable with this way of democracy setting.

But it looks to me you are talking about geopolitics in the area I live all my life when sitting at the opposite side of the world learning Europe by Jen Psaki. And I think you are missing the point. Many people have no idea what Ukraine and Russia really is, where it is on the map, never been there, but you see the majority of members here keep anyway aside their political opinions.

Despite E90SLAM tried a number of times to calm down the trolls and turn the current thread in "Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion" back to F1 talk which makes all of us unite, there are still people knowledgeable about every single piece of the Universe watching TV in Kansas City (or wherever else). You know, when somebody says: the Russians, the Americans, and the Canadians let’s agree, there is no equation between the nation and the Cabinet with its politics, army and media. Citizen and patriot is not a headless dumb that fully supports all and every President’s word and decision.

I had to write that comment because I respect the forum and wisdom and passion of the majority of its members (you cannot even imagine what happens in our forums about that matter) but I cannot keep sitting and watching how my country is being made the Planet Evil. There is somehow true what you said about my country, but also be prepared to hear something new about your own country if the forum discussion deviates from context that way.

You probably never heard or not allowed to hear about many facts about the military take-over in Kiev that has happened last winter. And you have never seen SWAT officers shut down by the crowd on the street or burned alive with a bottle of petrol (you are not allowed to see that on your TV). Maybe you did not see Nazi flags flying there everywhere and marches of the private armies of local nationalist billionaires (you are not allowed to know about it). And how the Nazi crowds burned alive 50 demonstrants in Odessa being sieged inside of the Trade Union building. And how the young nationalistic gangs all wearing masks throw down monuments and draw swastika at the walls of Kiev. And what is the historical basis of what happens in South-East of the country. And many other reasons that are totally offtop here, but such comments like yours seem to be out of context and offtop too, sorry.

I lived in Kiev for 25 years, half Russian half Ukrainian, still travel often to see my parents and friends, and the last trip was end of June. One of my reasons to leave the country in the middle of 90’s was that the new nationalistic government has decided: the 18% ethnic Russians have no right to use Russian language in schools, business and formal communication. Hey, can you imagine that to happen in your country? Tell me which would be the one and only national language in Canada, or multinational Switzerland, or Finland?

Now please guess where those ethnic Russians live in Ukraine. I will open you a top secret: this is the Crimea and South-East of Ukraine. So, Russia had actually not too much to do there, because ethnic Russians historically resident in these areas and their rights were smashed. This is the beginning of 90’s not the 2014, when the fundamental was created in Ukraine for the widest national conflict and tragedy.

The country has gone through ethnic discrimination of the 90’s, incredible state corruption of the consecutive governments within next twenty years, the economy was totally fucked up. And now it turned into genocide and a full-scale civil war there now, in the 21st century.

Millions of people like me are the evident how the blessed "sovereignty of Ukraine, and other regions" has been traded out by their leaders within last twenty three years, and today's president is a billionaire who was a part and sponsor of the government since 2003 and is responsible for the situation in the country. You guys are so far away and you are not allowed at least to come and see facts before making your own conclusions totally based on all this propaganda crap.

This is sad but true how the information from both sides are perverted by all and every national mass media. Please don't buy it and question yourself before copying into your mind all whatever they say.

And this is great the cars and sports and F1 are bringing people together, so also this forum does. When we start talking, it is normal that we see from different angles but let’s be smart and respect each other. Nothing is simple and black-and-white.

Welcome to reality, no kidding.
thank you for setting the record straight. i am from the middle east so i can totally agree with you about the western media being no more than one sided propaganda bullshit for the government's agenda.v
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2014, 07:34 AM   #51
tccox
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i Msport

Garage List
Guess this isn't a moderated forum..... So sad how some folks are so full of hate
      10-12-2014, 09:16 AM   #52
valbmw
Lieutenant
Rep

Formula 1 Russian GP results

2014 FORMULA 1 RUSSIAN GRAND PRIX

1 Lewis Hamilton Mercedes
2 Nico Rosberg Mercedes
3 Valtteri Bottas Williams-Mercedes
4 Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes
5 Daniil Kvyat STR-Renault
6 Kevin Magnussen McLaren-Mercedes
7 Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing-Renault
8 Fernando Alonso Ferrari
9 Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari
10 Jean-Eric Vergne STR-Renault
11 Sebastian Vettel Red Bull Racing-Renault
12 Nico Hulkenberg Force India-Mercedes
13 Sergio Perez Force India-Mercedes
14 Esteban Gutierrez Sauber-Ferrari
15 Adrian Sutil Sauber-Ferrari
16 Romain Grosjean Lotus-Renault
17 Marcus Ericsson Caterham-Renault
18 Felipe Massa Williams-Mercedes
19 Kamui Kobayashi Caterham-Renault
20 Pastor Maldonado Lotus-Renault
21 Max Chilton Marussia-Ferrari
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2014, 09:21 AM   #53
valbmw
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tccox View Post
Guess this isn't a moderated forum..... So sad how some folks are so full of hate
What about the life itself isn't moderated.
When there is even a little chance to talk and understand each other, no bad things will happen.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2014, 09:40 AM   #54
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quite a boring race to be honest. The smooth tarmac and conservative tire choices produced a straight forward race strategy.

If it wasn't Nico locked up and flat-spotted his tires? Will we see a battle between him and Lewis? Maybe. But I see Lewis drove very consciously, and still got a lot pace in the Lewis's Mercedes.
      10-12-2014, 09:44 AM   #55
ashtaron14
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

The most interesting part of the race for me was seeing the grid/award girls, damn they're smoking!
      10-12-2014, 10:04 AM   #56
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Quite a boring race to be honest. The smooth tarmac and conservative tire choices produced a straight forward race strategy.

If it wasn't Nico locked up and flat-spotted his tires? Will we see a battle between him and Lewis? Maybe. But I see Lewis drove very consciously, and still got a lot pace in the Lewis's Mercedes.
I Agree.
Worst race of the year.
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2014, 10:11 AM   #57
Petros
Banned
Rep

I think this race highlighted rosbergs poor racecraft. He has speed. But his racecraft is below par and that's the difference from hamilton. Rosberg just struggles with overtaking and wheel to wheel action
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2014, 10:32 AM   #58
valbmw
Lieutenant
Rep

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
I Agree.
Worst race of the year.
Could you please share the criteria and confess which one you believe is the best?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2014, 10:36 AM   #59
SonnyJack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3/'18 F83 M4

Quote:
I think this race highlighted rosbergs poor racecraft. He has speed. But his racecraft is below par and that's the difference from hamilton. Rosberg just struggles with overtaking and wheel to wheel action
Very much agree. It's almost as if he knows how inferior he is so he needs to attempt suicide passes. What in the world was he thinking? Driving that deep on cold tires? Could have easily been Spa all over again, just one lap sooner. Thankfully LH could avoid him and prevent a collision. Just not very smart driving. In the end his superior car bailed him out for a second place finish.

Funny part is that NR is now making some of the same knucklehead moves that LH used to make with McLaren. Dude needs to mature in a big way.
AA Gen 2 Lvl 2 w/Meth; MagnaFlow catless x-pipe; Dinan Underdrive Pulley; VAC Coated Bearings; ARP Rod Bolts; Oil Diverter Valve; Dinan Strut Braces; Dinan Rear Toe Links; ECS Rear Trailing Arms; MCS 2-Way NR w/700F-1000R; GC Camber Plates; AKG 75D MM & 95A TM; CAE Shifter; Titan T-S5; StopTech ST60 380mm/ST40 355mm; MFactory DS; Zebulon Splitter; Zebulon 330 Rear Wing; Gutted w/Piper Motorsports Custom Cage; OMP WRC-R Seats
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2014, 10:58 AM   #60
onatuesday
Captain
Rep
Drives: Hyundai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyJack View Post
Very much agree. It's almost as if he knows how inferior he is so he needs to attempt suicide passes. What in the world was he thinking? Driving that deep on cold tires? Could have easily been Spa all over again, just one lap sooner. Thankfully LH could avoid him and prevent a collision. Just not very smart driving. In the end his superior car bailed him out for a second place finish.

Funny part is that NR is now making some of the same knucklehead moves that LH used to make with McLaren. Dude needs to mature in a big way.
Maybe my memory is incorrect but was there even one race where Rosberg beat LH in a head to head race? Meaning that if LH lost it was because of mechanical problems or self inflicted problems...not bc NR best him fair and square.

I was a party with Rosberg and many of the other drivers a few years ago and all the drivers were friendly and having a good time except for Rosberg. He was standing by himself with the douchiest look on his face and literally nobody talked to him the whole night. I really dislike his personality.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2014, 11:00 AM   #61
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyJack View Post
Thats a bit harsh....Rosberg was offline, at a poor angle to take the corner and traveling at around 300 feet/sec....if he had hit the brakes a tenth of a second earlier he might have made a great pass.
I think Lewis placed his car very shrewdly to force Nico onto that part of the track and Nicos misjudgment played out perfectly for him.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2014, 12:49 PM   #62
Ukhtar
Rep
Drives: M5

The race was disappointing to me, I was initially excited to see how they would do on the new track.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2014, 05:06 PM   #63
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I think for Rosberg, on his first ever World Champion hunt. Was in pressure (he hide it well in front of media) and need to be in front of Lewis ASAP.

Remember Hamilton back in 2007 and 2008? He likes to win on first corner, and fighting for a battle that will lost him the war. Most memorable lesson for him, Shanghai 2007 and Fuji 2008.

I had a feeling that Nico was in similar place where Lewis was back in 2007/08. He kinda lost his groove earlier this season and cracked under pressure, like in Monza and today in Sochi.
      10-12-2014, 05:07 PM   #64
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukhtar View Post
The race was disappointing to me, I was initially excited to see how they would do on the new track.
They all did WAY TOO WELL~~~
      10-12-2014, 05:19 PM   #65
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Yet another in the long line of F1 snooze fest races. After I took in the wonderful sights of the new track for the first few laps, it was 4x fast mode through the rest of the race. Yawn, what a bore. Like I said I was going through at 4x speed, but was there ever even a caution flag?

The only entertainment for me was watching Putin finally show up for the race at lap 39 like a boss. I guess he was too busy taking Barry to the woodshed all morning to show up on time. Then he stands up there on the podium with no tie on, looking like a real life Bond villian. Haha.

Last edited by NickyC; 10-12-2014 at 06:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2014, 06:34 PM   #66
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Unfortunately a real snooze fest. Next.
Appreciate 0