BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

01-28-2014, 12:31 PM   #1
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Ahh, my heart is breaking. My 2013 750Li xdrive is falling apart.

1. Check engine light keeps coming on. Determined that O2 sensor is failing.
2. Right headlight failing. Getting errors with adaptive headlight. It is the newer led.
3. The air conditioner is failing. Even when temp (all) are set to 60 degrees Fahrenheit the car is 100 degrees hot. The ambient temp is about 14 degrees Fahrenheit. Now, i turn the AC button off, the cabin cools down. It sounds like the compressor isn't working after the air is reheated.

Anyway, can anyone with a 7 or a 5 living in a climate zone that is cold tell me if the AC/MAX button gets disabled? When I press the AC/Max button, nothing happens and the light above the button won't turn green. Could this be disabled due to cold ambient?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 12:25 PM   #2
frieseke
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 750li

Sorry about the car. I feel your pain.

As for the Max AC button, it always works. It can be -40 and when you press the button the car turns on the AC and cranks the fans to max to get it as cold as possible. I can't say if the AC is working but when it is cold the car gets cold quickly probably by just bringing in air from outside.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 07:43 PM   #3
luvthestck
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18’ Q7,16'981 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post
Ahh, my heart is breaking. My 2013 750Li xdrive is falling apart.

1. Check engine light keeps coming on. Determined that O2 sensor is failing.
2. Right headlight failing. Getting errors with adaptive headlight. It is the newer led.
3. The air conditioner is failing. Even when temp (all) are set to 60 degrees Fahrenheit the car is 100 degrees hot. The ambient temp is about 14 degrees Fahrenheit. Now, i turn the AC button off, the cabin cools down. It sounds like the compressor isn't working after the air is reheated.

Anyway, can anyone with a 7 or a 5 living in a climate zone that is cold tell me if the AC/MAX button gets disabled? When I press the AC/Max button, nothing happens and the light above the button won't turn green. Could this be disabled due to cold ambient?

I am sorry to hear that.

Before we go any further Did you make sure that the dials beside the vents are dialed to cold and not hot[red vs blue].I think if the dials are turned to red they will blow hot air regardless of the temp set at the control panel[atleast that was what I was told].I just tested the AC function in my car.In my car the AC max button doesn't light up when I press it.The ambient temp today is appr 10 degree F.I doubt there is a light above the AC max button as its on the Black panel[cant see it,The other buttons beside the ACmax button have an orange light above them on the black panel]. The green light above the AC button does light up when pressed though.

Mine is a 2014 750lix.Regarding the ACmax button either mine is not functioning or it doesn't turn on because of the ambient temp.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 08:09 PM   #4
luvthestck
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthestck View Post
I am sorry to hear that.

Before we go any further Did you make sure that the dials beside the vents are dialed to cold and not hot[red vs blue].I think if the dials are turned to red they will blow hot air regardless of the temp set at the control panel[atleast that was what I was told].I just tested the AC function in my car.In my car the AC max button doesn't light up when I press it.The ambient temp today is appr 10 degree F.I doubt there is a light above the AC max button as its on the Black panel[cant see it,The other buttons beside the ACmax button have an orange light above them on the black panel]. The green light above the AC button does light up when pressed though.

Mine is a 2014 750lix.Regarding the ACmax button either mine is not functioning or it doesn't turn on because of the ambient temp.

Edit: I just checked the manual.The AC max button will only work when ambient temp is above 32 degree F and when engine running is indicated.As the ambient temps are lower now it's obviously not working.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2014, 07:57 PM   #5
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthestck
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthestck View Post
I am sorry to hear that.

Edit: I just checked the manual.The AC max button will only work when ambient temp is above 32 degree F and when engine running is indicated.As the ambient temps are lower now it's obviously not working.
Thanks for your posts gentlemen!

Just got car back. I shall let you all know if the repairs stick.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 10:38 AM   #6
luvthestck
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Any update?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 05:35 PM   #7
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthestck
Quote:

Any update?
Yes, so far everything appears to be functioning per spec!

I will keep you posted on any adverse events.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 10:22 AM   #8
luvthestck
First Lieutenant
Rep

Glad all your issues have been fixed.Enjoy
Appreciate 0