BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

04-02-2009, 04:42 AM   #23
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny17 View Post
fantastic selection! I'm curious, did you elect for whatever run flats they generally provide for those 20" rims, or did you opt to select your own tires?

And if so, is there an optimal choice for all season run flats, rather than performance run flats, in the staggered 20" size of the rims you've selected?
I'm getting whatever RFT tires they are sticking onto those rims. I could look it up but I'm too lazy right now

As far as I know, they will be performance RFT summer tires. I'll get a separate set of wheels (rims+tires) for winter driving.

I'm thinking maybe style 238 in 18" wheel size with 245/50R18 winter tires on them?!?
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2009, 10:13 PM   #24
quitethesnapper
bimmerlover
Canada
Rep
Drives: the panzer

the car looks dynamite! are you 100% on the rims? i'm on the fence
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2009, 12:00 AM   #25
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by quitethesnapper View Post
the car looks dynamite! are you 100% on the rims? i'm on the fence
Are you asking if I am 100% sure those are the rims that come with the individual package or am I 100% sure that's what I want?

Well, those are definitely the rims that come with the individual package (style 301I 20"). And looking at my alternate choices, I still like these the best.

I have attached some pictures that other people have taken of the 750 individual with these rims, so you can have a better look at them:

Name:  img_6889-1600x1200.jpg
Views: 6776
Size:  282.4 KB

In the following two pictures you can also see what the Citrin Black Metallic (X02) exterior color looks like. This paint finish has such a wide variety of hues that it is next to impossible to capture in a picture. You would have to see it in person to fully experience it. I have seen the car in this color on a couple of occasions now and I absolutely love it! As mentioned before, other people on this forum have taken these pictures. The only time I had a chance to actually take pictures was with my cell phone camera and they didn't turn out too well... Anyway, here is a 750 in Citrin Black Metallic with the 301I rims:

Name:  P1020833.jpg
Views: 5476
Size:  162.1 KB

Name:  P1020838.jpg
Views: 4742
Size:  155.5 KB
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2009, 08:45 PM   #26
quitethesnapper
bimmerlover
Canada
Rep
Drives: the panzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
Are you asking if I am 100% sure those are the rims that come with the individual package or am I 100% sure that's what I want?

Well, those are definitely the rims that come with the individual package (style 301I 20"). And looking at my alternate choices, I still like these the best.

I have attached some pictures that other people have taken of the 750 individual with these rims, so you can have a better look at them:

Attachment 257930

In the following two pictures you can also see what the Citrin Black Metallic (X02) exterior color looks like. This paint finish has such a wide variety of hues that it is next to impossible to capture in a picture. You would have to see it in person to fully experience it. I have seen the car in this color on a couple of occasions now and I absolutely love it! As mentioned before, other people on this forum have taken these pictures. The only time I had a chance to actually take pictures was with my cell phone camera and they didn't turn out too well... Anyway, here is a 750 in Citrin Black Metallic with the 301I rims:

Attachment 257931

Attachment 257932

i was asking if you were sure about choosing those rims, but after seeing these photos i agree, and the paint is dynamite, good choice!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2009, 09:54 PM   #27
SpotM5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

xDrive - with the May delivery, is your car on the water? What stage is the production? I bet you can't wait!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2009, 11:11 PM   #28
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by quitethesnapper View Post
i was asking if you were sure about choosing those rims, but after seeing these photos i agree, and the paint is dynamite, good choice!
Thanks.

I've seen the car in almost the exact configuration I have put together except the car I saw had a wood trim and I picked the piano black finish. If I recall correctly, they were also missing some of the techno gadgets. Anyway, I fell in love with the exterior color and a few days later I ordered the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2009, 11:15 PM   #29
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpotM5 View Post
xDrive - with the May delivery, is your car on the water? What stage is the production? I bet you can't wait!!!
I wish!

The car is still scheduled to go into production in week 18 which is the last week of April/beginning of May...

So two more weeks before the car gets build.

I guess I will see my new ride sometime in the early part of June?!?

I had asked if they could pull the car ahead a bit but due to the individual order, they couldn't
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2009, 11:43 PM   #30
dm5272
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 750i '09 650i '09 750Li ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryouken View Post
wowo~
Congrats, now the wait begins

Hey Ryouken - What is your breakdown of your order?
Im having second thoughts on the TV's in the rear since the US version do NOT include iDrive function and no iDrive center console in the arm rest is included only a remote. This is a bummer for me - as my current 06 750i has the iDrive in the rear and full access to the front functions in the rear.
This has me bummed out as I am finalizing my order this week but have not signed yet.
This and No Active Steering with my Individual package.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2009, 11:52 PM   #31
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm5272 View Post
Im having second thoughts on the TV's in the rear since the US version do NOT include iDrive function and no iDrive center console in the arm rest is included only a remote. This is a bummer for me - as my current 06 750i has the iDrive in the rear and full access to the front functions in the rear.
This has me bummed out as I am finalizing my order this week but have not signed yet.
You can't order the iDrive in the rear? That's strange.

I also noticed that the description on the bmwusa.com website mentioned that the screens in the back are the 8" type. Is that correct?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2009, 11:55 PM   #32
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Never mind, I just read Ryouken's post in another thread... Basically you only get the 8" screens and no controller. I wonder why they don't offer the same package as in Canada?!?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2009, 12:01 AM   #33
bmr760
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C, F90 M5C, G05 X5 40i

Quote:
PM sent

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2009, 12:54 AM   #34
dm5272
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Never mind, I just read Ryouken's post in another thread... Basically you only get the 8" screens and no controller. I wonder why they don't offer the same package as in Canada?!?
You an me both brother - this has me fuming

* I cant get the idrive in the rear / stupid remote instead (Which also means you cant surf web as Ive see pics of rear screens on the google webpage.)

* I cant get active steering w/ my Indiv. Pkg.- makes no technical sense.

* Screen is 8" instead of 9.4 (not as a big deal as other two for me)
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2009, 01:05 AM   #35
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
You an me both brother - this has me fuming

* I cant get the idrive in the rear / stupid remote instead (Which also means you cant surf web as Ive see pics of rear screens on the google webpage.)

* I cant get active steering w/ my Indiv. Pkg.- makes no technical sense.

* Screen is 8" instead of 9.4 (not as a big deal as other two for me)
Actually, as far as I know, the internet access (to browse websites from the car) is not available in North America anyway. Even though I am getting the iDrive controller in the back, there will be no internet access. At least not yet. They told me that the software is not ready for the NA market. I think this may also have something to do with service agreements between BMW and all the different Cell service providers. At least the good news is (at least for me), that if they would ever make this available, it should be a simple software upgrade to enable that feature (and obviously more money for BMW as you have to pay a subscription/usage fee for the internet service). Speeds would be equivalent to browsing the internet on a cell phone via the EDGE service.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2009, 10:07 AM   #36
Tnitaly
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Ciao all. I'm new to the forum and I too am awaiting my Ultimate Driving Machine. I'm be taking delivery of her at the Welt on 9 June! I'm counting down the days. This forum is great and I'm loving all the information that is here.

2009 750i Sapphire Black - Indvidual composition - Champagne with black piano finish. Luxury Seat Package - Premium Sound - Camera Package - Convenience Package - Active Roll - Ceramic Package

Last edited by Tnitaly; 04-18-2009 at 10:14 AM.. Reason: Left off my vehicle info
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2009, 07:42 PM   #37
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnitaly View Post
Ciao all. I'm new to the forum and I too am awaiting my Ultimate Driving Machine. I'm be taking delivery of her at the Welt on 9 June! I'm counting down the days. This forum is great and I'm loving all the information that is here.

2009 750i Sapphire Black - Indvidual composition - Champagne with black piano finish. Luxury Seat Package - Premium Sound - Camera Package - Convenience Package - Active Roll - Ceramic Package
Congratulations on your car and welcome to the forum!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2009, 08:00 PM   #38
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Got a production Date and the VIN for the car now ... woohoo a couple more days and they are going to assemble my new car!

And then I still have to wait for it to get here ....
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2009, 09:40 PM   #39
Tnitaly
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Great news! I have a production date of 18 May, but of course I'll get my VIN the week before that. By chance do you have any good pics of the champagne interior? Thanks and good luck again. Look forward to seeing some pics.
Alpine White F80 M3 /// Full Sakhir Leather Interior /// 19" Vorsteiner VSE-003 /// M Adaptive Suspension /// DCT /// Carbon Fiber Trim /// Executive Package /// HK Sound/// LED Lighting /// Moonroof /// Driver Assistance Plus
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2009, 03:18 AM   #40
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Great news! I have a production date of 18 May, but of course I'll get my VIN the week before that. By chance do you have any good pics of the champagne interior? Thanks and good luck again. Look forward to seeing some pics.
I assume you are referring to the Individual fine-grain Merino leather Champagne (ZBP6) color?

If so, here are some images for you... Enjoy:

Name:  750_Individual_Leather_Champagne_Dash_Board_View.jpg
Views: 3871
Size:  113.6 KB

Name:  750_Individual_Leather_Champagne_Rear_Seat_View.jpg
Views: 3825
Size:  250.8 KB
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2009, 07:59 AM   #41
Tnitaly
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

xDrive50i,
thanks for the pics, that is exactly what I was referring to. What configurator are you using to pull these images? BMWNA's site doesn't give the nice blown out view, nor the back seat Not sure that I like the steering wheel with the wood, but I don't think that it is an option for the US market right now.
Alpine White F80 M3 /// Full Sakhir Leather Interior /// 19" Vorsteiner VSE-003 /// M Adaptive Suspension /// DCT /// Carbon Fiber Trim /// Executive Package /// HK Sound/// LED Lighting /// Moonroof /// Driver Assistance Plus
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2009, 07:37 PM   #42
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
xDrive50i,
thanks for the pics, that is exactly what I was referring to. What configurator are you using to pull these images? BMWNA's site doesn't give the nice blown out view, nor the back seat Not sure that I like the steering wheel with the wood, but I don't think that it is an option for the US market right now.
These are pictures of an actual 750 individual. It would be nice if the online configurators would achieve this level of detail. They are a great tool already to help you visualize your configuration, but they still have to work on the finer details.

Personally, I don't like the individual steering wheel with the wood inlay, but that's a matter of taste (and also, the individual steering wheel does not come with the heated option due to the wood inlay). The individual steering wheel is available for the US market as well, however you do need the individual compostion package to be able to add this steering wheel to your configuration.

Since I don't like the looks and feel of the wood inlay in the individual steering wheel, I opted for the sport steering wheel instead.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2009, 12:03 PM   #43
dm5272
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Since I don't like the looks and feel of the wood inlay in the individual steering wheel, I opted for the sport steering wheel instead.
In the US - You dont get the sports steering wheel if you have the individual package UNLESS you get the wood trim. If you get the heated steering, you WONT get the sport Steering. In this picture - THIS IS the sports steering wheel. Remove the wood trim so you can see the wheel change (in US).
I dont like the brown wood trim either in the steering either, but since I ordered Piano Black, (i believe) the black steering trim looks great (yet subtle) and I get the sports steering as well. I also noticed it adds and addtl $500 on top of the cost of the wood trim - Im guessing because of the sports wheel that it changes to when building your 7.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2009, 08:14 PM   #44
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
In the US - You dont get the sports steering wheel if you have the individual package UNLESS you get the wood trim. If you get the heated steering, you WONT get the sport Steering. In this picture - THIS IS the sports steering wheel. Remove the wood trim so you can see the wheel change (in US).
I dont like the brown wood trim either in the steering either, but since I ordered Piano Black, (i believe) the black steering trim looks great (yet subtle) and I get the sports steering as well. I also noticed it adds and addtl $500 on top of the cost of the wood trim - Im guessing because of the sports wheel that it changes to when building your 7.
In Canada, the individual package will automatically give you the sports steering wheel and you can upgrade that to the wood inlay individual steering wheel (without the heating function). So that worked out perfectly for me

I love the way the piano wire inlay in the piano black finish looks. It is really nice!
Appreciate 0