BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

01-02-2011, 09:45 PM   #1
cracker123
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AstonMartin Virage, M6 GC

2011 750LI Individual Citrin/Platinum

We picked up the 750li individual this friday. Car interior and exterior are stunning. The brown / black exterior color of the car is awesome. Will be posting more photos and a review later on. Individual is the way to go on the 7 series. The car has 5 place seating for the rear luxury seat package.

Last edited by cracker123; 01-02-2011 at 09:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2011, 09:58 PM   #2
cracker123
Lieutenant
Rep

Quick questions.

1. Ordered the cold weather package, but did not get the ski bag , do we get a ski bag in the south ?
2. Also did not get the First Aid kit in the trunk, is BMW not giving these any more ?
3. Car has only one disc player in the front ? , not a CD changer ? Getting the entertainment package the only way of getting a CD/DVD changer ?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2011, 10:19 PM   #3
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

@cracker123: Congrats on your new ride.. I have the same color combo and absolutely LOVE it !!!

1. I had to order the ski back as a standalone option (in Canada), have yet to use the ski bag but it's nice to have the ability to put something linger through the trunk...
2. Don't think so...
3. AFAIK you need the entertainment package to get the DVD changer, otherwise it doesn't really make any sense since most people use iPods, etc to play music and fewer utilize CDs. When you order the entertainment package you also get a rear mounted DVD player in the center console.
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2011, 11:09 PM   #4
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Very nice ride. I'm sort of regretting not getting the Rear Comfort Seats; the rear seat bottoms seem rather 'short' to me. Otherwise:

1. The Rear Comfort Seats may be causing the lack of a pass through Ski Bag.

2. Correct, no more First Aid Kit. Very strange for them to remove this for the US. I did get one, though, because I did European Delivery; which I made sure to pack in my luggage so that they would not remove same at the VDC.

3. Correct, even with the Premium Sound Package, you no longer get the CD Changer above the glove compartment. Instead, for 2011, Satellite Radio is no longer a standalone option, and is included in place of the CD Changer. But, yes, if you wanted the CD (DVD) Changer above the glove compartment, you would have had to order the Rear Entertainment System; which I did not due to EMF concerns.

xDrive50i: I don't believe US models ever received the additional CD/DVD Changer at the rear of the center console; different for Canada / Europe, etc.

craker123: Can you please post a list of all of your options; I'm interested! And, how did you know about 5 Place Seating with the Rear Comfort Seats; did you salesperson inform you of this change for 2011!? And, lucky you got the Pirellis; I have the Goodyears
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2011, 11:25 PM   #5
cracker123
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
@cracker123: Congrats on your new ride.. I have the same color combo and absolutely LOVE it !!!

1. I had to order the ski back as a standalone option (in Canada), have yet to use the ski bag but it's nice to have the ability to put something linger through the trunk...
2. Don't think so...
3. AFAIK you need the entertainment package to get the DVD changer, otherwise it doesn't really make any sense since most people use iPods, etc to play music and fewer utilize CDs. When you order the entertainment package you also get a rear mounted DVD player in the center console.
xDrive50i have to thank you for posting your pictures online, your pictures helped us select this color combo. Without your pictures we probably would not have ordered the individual. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 12:56 AM   #6
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

@dbs600: there is no additional CD/DVD Changer in the back with the rear seat entertainment system, there is a single DVD player mounted at the bottom of the center console. You can see it just below the climate controls in the first picture of my post here.
Below the DVD slot are two auxiliary audio and video inputs to hook up external devices (e.g. game consoles, iPod touch with the proper cable, camcorder, etc.).

@cracker123: Wow, thanks and you are most welcome!
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 01:06 AM   #7
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

@dbs600: Actually I just noticed that in the 12th picture in the same post there is a close up shot of the rear center console where you can see the DVD player in more detail.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 07:57 AM   #8
cracker123
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs600 View Post
Very nice ride. I'm sort of regretting not getting the Rear Comfort Seats; the rear seat bottoms seem rather 'short' to me. Otherwise:

1. The Rear Comfort Seats may be causing the lack of a pass through Ski Bag.

2. Correct, no more First Aid Kit. Very strange for them to remove this for the US. I did get one, though, because I did European Delivery; which I made sure to pack in my luggage so that they would not remove same at the VDC.

3. Correct, even with the Premium Sound Package, you no longer get the CD Changer above the glove compartment. Instead, for 2011, Satellite Radio is no longer a standalone option, and is included in place of the CD Changer. But, yes, if you wanted the CD (DVD) Changer above the glove compartment, you would have had to order the Rear Entertainment System; which I did not due to EMF concerns.

xDrive50i: I don't believe US models ever received the additional CD/DVD Changer at the rear of the center console; different for Canada / Europe, etc.

craker123: Can you please post a list of all of your options; I'm interested! And, how did you know about 5 Place Seating with the Rear Comfort Seats; did you salesperson inform you of this change for 2011!? And, lucky you got the Pirellis; I have the Goodyears
We ordered this car three times, and BMW built three 7 series. The third one being this one. I have to thank the CA for being patient through the whole process. She is in Florida and arranged for a courtesy delivery in Dallas. Got a great price and a great service.

The first one we ordered in July with a August build with rear comfort without individual. Back in August you can get only the 4 seats. Once the Sep bulletin came out we asked the dealer to delay the build till late September. They tried moving the order but was too late so the first car was built. The second order had a late october build. In the first week of october on a visit to a local dealer the shadow line trim, big wheels and the steering on the M Sport package looked nice. But we were not so impressed by the chrome in the M Sport. So the alternative to this was getting an Individual package. After seeing XDrive5.0 post on the individual we were convinced to order his combination. Sent an email to the CA to change the order since we had 3 more weeks to build. Some how within a day of email the second order went into production. CA was not happy initially with another order change but none the less, decided to place an order for the individual car. Here are the options on the final order.

We are glad to have gotten the Individual , without the Individual the car would not have felt the same. One option that should also a must on this car is the Active Roll Stabilization . Because of the size , the car tends to lean a lot in the corners if you are in comfort mode.

Third and Final Order :
Citrin Black
Platinum Individual
Piano Black
Lux Seating Front
Lux Seating Rear - 5 place seating
Premium sound
Integral steering
Ceramic controls
Heads up display
Rear view camera
Smartphone integration
Driver assistant package
Cold weather package , with wood inlay steering wheel

Last edited by cracker123; 01-04-2011 at 12:49 PM.. Reason: forgot cold weather package
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 02:55 PM   #9
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Active Roll Stabilization makes a HUGE difference and is DEFINITELY a MUST HAVE option, almost no roll/lean when cornering.
I also noticed you didn't get the side view (I think now it also includes top view) camera package. I use the side view cameras every day when I park the car, I think it's one of the best features they came up with...
You weren't interested in the side view cameras?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 05:02 PM   #10
dbs600
Colonel
Rep

xDrive: Yes, sorry, I meant single CD/DVD player at the rear, not CD/DVD changer, but hmm... for some reason I thought that with the Rear Entertainment Package in the US, the car does not come with the single CD/DVD player at the rear...?

cracker: Wow, crazy story, my story was/is crazy too, but in a different way. Otherwise, very impressive llist of options! Enjoy it in good health!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 05:12 PM   #11
cracker123
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Active Roll Stabilization makes a HUGE difference and is DEFINITELY a MUST HAVE option, almost no roll/lean when cornering.
I also noticed you didn't get the side view (I think now it also includes top view) camera package. I use the side view cameras every day when I park the car, I think it's one of the best features they came up with...
You weren't interested in the side view cameras?
Camera package was a special order option right ? did not see it on bmwusa.com
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 07:56 PM   #12
dbs600
Colonel
Rep

In the US the feature was removed for all but the very very early 2011's (March builds) through late late summer 2011's (August builds), but by September builds same should have again become available. But, yes, the US build your own site still does not reflect same.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 10:19 PM   #13
cracker123
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
In the US the feature was removed for all but the very very early 2011's (March builds) through late late summer 2011's (August builds), but by September builds same should have again become available. But, yes, the US build your own site still does not reflect same.
Where are the camera's located on the car ? for the top view ?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 11:04 PM   #14
bmr760
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C, F90 M5C, G05 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracker123 View Post
Where are the camera's located on the car ? for the top view ?
Under the Driver and Passenger side view mirrors

btw congrats on the car

Last edited by bmr760; 01-03-2011 at 11:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2011, 07:15 AM   #15
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

Lovely combo! Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2011, 08:00 AM   #16
cracker123
Lieutenant
Rep

how come the individual is not offered with the active hybrid ?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2011, 04:14 PM   #17
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

@cracker123: Good question, I wondered about that myself. Maybe in the future they will. I think it will depend on how many people actually order the hybrid version...
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2011, 05:25 PM   #18
dbs600
Colonel
Rep

When doing European Delivery I stopped by the M Studio and one of the vehicles on display was an ActiveHybrid Individual. Also note that the Steinway & Sons Individual models are ActiveHybrids as well.

Last edited by dbs600; 01-04-2011 at 09:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2011, 05:56 PM   #19
727jbh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 GC Donington Grey

Beautiful car!! Enjoy and thanks for sharing.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2011, 11:05 PM   #20
cracker123
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
When doing European Delivery I stopped by the M Studio and one of the vehicles on display was an ActiveHybrid Individual. Also note that the Steinway & Sons Individual models are ActiveHybrids as well.
I wonder how you can order the Steinway and sons. From what I am reading online, BMW lets customers really individualize their cars.

http://www.bmwblog.com/2010/03/24/bm...os-and-videos/
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 12:39 AM   #21
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

They most certainly let you do that... for a price
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 08:03 AM   #22
cracker123
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
They most certainly let you do that... for a price
I think it costed him about 20k more for that combination. Also how would one go about getting one of these individual key boxes ? If you take delivery of your car in Europe ?

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e63...ck-650i-6.html

Last edited by cracker123; 01-05-2011 at 08:09 AM..
Appreciate 0