BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

07-17-2009, 11:48 AM   #23
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden View Post
Not in the US. You need to add it as an option or part of a package.
I have to correct my previous statement. In Canada the power shades are part of the 'Executive Package'! Sorry about that!
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2009, 12:54 PM   #24
hayden
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 750Li

I stopped by a tint place this morning. The guy said he has done several F01/F02s and the trick it to remove a piece on the top of the door (when its open) to get access to the window shade area. He said they do not take the door apart.

They quoted me $300 for top of the line 3M hybrid tint. (including the front windows) Sounds expensive.

Last edited by hayden; 09-23-2009 at 02:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2009, 02:51 PM   #25
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden View Post
I stopped by a tint place this morning. The guy said he has done several F01/F02s and the trick it to remove a piece on the top of the door (when its open) to get access to the window shade area. He said they do not take the door apart.

They quoted me $300 for top of the line 3M hyrbrid tint. (including the front windows) Sounds expensive.
That's correct. It's actually fairly easy to remove the part if you know how to. That's what they did on my car too. I got 32% all around and with the power shades, I have the option to make it brighter or darker in the rear 'on-demand' which is nice! I got the ceramic stuff installed on mine, don't recall the manufacturer or type they installed though. I paid more than that, but he also took his time and did a great job. Hopefully I will find some time to post some pictures soon.
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 12:03 PM   #26
swisstype
Twisted Fister
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5; 2024 Roma

My dealer had said that they woudl organize their body department to take off teh door panels and they had a tint shop that they ahd experience with to make this happen. WHen windows are tinted, a solutionis applied and it runs and drips down, possibly onto motors, the leather, etc. If they remove this professionally, cover everything up, have tint applied and then put it back together, it should be perfect. I hope.
I'm looking at 20% all the way around.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 08:19 PM   #27
7erMOB
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F02 740LI

Hi Guys,

The tint shop in Hong Kong said exactly that they will have a gap, I was like WTF..... a gap of tint in a 7er??????

I am glad I check out here b4 letting them do silly things. BTW could someone please post pictures of how to remove the shades? Any tools involve to take our that area?

Many thanks!
      10-14-2010, 11:25 PM   #28
7erMOB
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F02 740LI

Attached is the pin/hole I found on the top of the sunblind of our 7er. How would you remove this? I pull and push it a little and it seems very secure.

Anyone has rattle noise after removing and putting this piece back together?

I am soon to get my tint done, and know with such a gap is for me.....

Any comments or instruction is welcome.
Attached Images

10-15-2010, 01:10 AM   #29
SAMLAMBO
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 730Li

I have no gaps for my tints, all well done.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2023, 10:44 AM   #30
calendarsts
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW g30

Hey there, I know it's been a while since you posted this, but I was wondering how you found a fix for the window tint gap on your GM car? I had a similar issue with my old car, and I found that using a small, thin strip of tint along the gap helped to make it look a bit more seamless. It's definitely not a perfect fix, but it might be worth a try.
Also, just wanted to chime in and say that I recently discovered the car shade for a baby option for keeping the sun out of the car. I wish I had known about it sooner, especially during those hot summer months! It's definitely worth considering if you have little ones or pets that you want to keep cool and comfortable during car rides.

Last edited by calendarsts; 03-20-2023 at 07:09 AM..
Appreciate 0