BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

08-13-2008, 08:34 PM   #1
3XTR3M3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT

F01 - Just a E65 with lipstick and eye shadow

No matter how you look at it, the F01 is probably the most boring "new model" BMW will introduce.

I'm lookin at this thread: http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155018

Dont get me wrong, not saying its not nice or dosnt look good... just saying its the same shit with a lil make-up on. Wheres the bold restyling BMW is known for? Wheres the NEW, the fresh, the kick mercedes ass all over the place look?? Not here, thats for sure.

With competition from Benz, Audi and Maserati knocking on the door, BMW needed a redesigned F01 to answer the door... not a face lifted E65.

and i cant believe the 1st "F" designation went to this subtle update.

On another not, I got my fingers crossed that the highly anticipated BMW GT will deliver a LOT more to make up for this lame excuse for a "new" 7 series.

again, not saying its ugly or i dont like it, its a E65 which i love so I really do like it. Its just not the "New" 7 series a lot of us expected.
      08-14-2008, 03:30 AM   #2
x5love
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i

BMW's styling has always gone through this cycle: revolution, evolution, revolution, evolution

that said, this 7 is just an evolution of the old one, but i agree its really minor.

I think the problem is that BMW is going to be releasing the Concept CS as the new flagship BMW, and it will be the first new model to introduce BMW's new design language (the current 7 was the first BMW to usher in the current new look). I think the only design direction BMW has right now is towards the CS, and they didn't want to give away too much with the 7 and let the production version of the CS (most probably the 8 series) the upperhand and center of attention.