BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

11-05-2014, 12:02 AM   #1
RoxXxandco
Rep
Drives: 12 Alpina B7

Traded in Cayenne GTS for B7

Just picked up a high mileage B7, 12 with 64k miles. Traded in my Cayenne GTS for it. I also have a fully modded R8. I wanted to know if anyone knew whats exhausts are available for the B7? Ive only been able to find that Supersprint and Dinan makes one, otherwise nothing. Also if you can tell me if the standard 7 series cosmetic parts fit? Like kidney grills, sideview mirror caps, wings etc? Im also looking for a thicker CF steering wheel but the B7s paddles are buttons behind the wheel. I can feel a hole that maybe used to mount the buttons, can I get a standard multifunction wheel and just bolt the buttons on? Thanks in advance.
      11-05-2014, 12:10 AM   #2
Mike_L
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335xi GT M-Sport MPPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxXxandco View Post
Just picked up a high mileage B7, 12 with 64k miles. Traded in my Cayenne GTS for it. I also have a fully modded R8. I wanted to know if anyone knew whats exhausts are available for the B7? Ive only been able to find that Supersprint and Dinan makes one, otherwise nothing. Also if you can tell me if the standard 7 series cosmetic parts fit? Like kidney grills, sideview mirror caps, wings etc? Im also looking for a thicker CF steering wheel but the B7s paddles are buttons behind the wheel. I can feel a hole that maybe used to mount the buttons, can I get a standard multifunction wheel and just bolt the buttons on? Thanks in advance.
Standard 7 cosmetics fit fine. The grilles are fine (only if you don't have Night Vision. There are no grilles with it and you'll have to paint the stockers), mirror caps are fine. Its already got a wing, but the window wings will fit.
Most people don't like the look of the double decker wing. I happen to really like it.

Do NOT screw with that steering wheel. Thats a special Alpina piece (notice the green stitching and badge in the center) and if you remove it, there goes the value of the car.

Last edited by Mike_L; 11-05-2014 at 12:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2014, 08:04 AM   #3
RoxXxandco
Rep

I wasnt planning on selling the wheel. Just replace while I drive the car and put it back after. The air bag stays, just the wheel gets changed
      11-05-2014, 12:05 PM   #4
Mike_L
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxXxandco View Post
I wasnt planning on selling the wheel. Just replace while I drive the car and put it back after. The air bag stays, just the wheel gets changed
Its likely not going to be the same airbag. You're gonna need to get an M-Sport wheel with paddles, and those use different airbags. The buttons cannot be retrofitted to any other BMW wheels without cutting them up, so if you want to keep shifting on the wheel, its gotta be paddles.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2014, 02:02 PM   #5
RoxXxandco
Rep

Any suggestions for an exhaust? What are some reputable sites to buy from? Ive purchased from Bimmian in the past when I had an e90
      11-05-2014, 02:15 PM   #6
Mike_L
Banned
United_States
Rep

Not really. The Alpina already has a higher flowing system. You're probably gonna get stuck with one of the super expensive German systems from Meistershaft or Akrapovic. Other than the couple you mentioned above, they'd be your best bet.......

Theres are tons of sites to buy from. Check the Sponsors section. Many of them are listed there.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2014, 02:37 PM   #7
RoxXxandco
Rep

Sorry for being somewhat blind lol where do i navigate to find the sponsors section?
      11-05-2014, 02:39 PM   #8
Mike_L
Banned
United_States
Rep

You aren't blind. I didn't realize that this page didn't have it listed.
http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/adsponsorlist.php
Appreciate 0