BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

02-04-2011, 12:34 AM   #1
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Post 2011 7-series March Production Changes (U.S.)

BIMMERPOST NEWS
2011 7-series March Production Changes
COMMENTS

Beginning with March production, the changes below take place for 7-series.

740i/Li, 750i/xDrive and 750Li/xDrive receive new standard equipment:
  • iPod/USB Adapter (6FL)
  • Rear-view Camera (3AG)
  • Sport Steering Wheel (255)
750i/xDrive and 750Li/xDrive receive 19" wheels with all-season tires (2H1) and Premium H-Fi (677) as standard

ALPINA B7 adds Rear-view Camera (3AG) as standard

Driver Assistance Package now includes side and top-view cameras (5DL) and Heads Up Display (610). ALPINA B7 models also add side and top-view cameras (5DL) to this package.

Active Roll Stabilization (229) no longer included in M Sport Package

ActiveHybrid 7

Remains a model year 2011 vehicle

Following standard equipment will be changed:
  • Replacing 19" Aero Wheel (2DL) with 7 series 19" wheel (2H1)
  • Adding iPod/USB Adapter as standard
  • Removing Anthracite Headliner (776), Leather Dashboard (4ND), Heads Up Display (610), Active front seats (455) and Ventilated Front Seats (453) as standard
  • Due to removal of Active and Ventilated front seats as standard, ActiveHybrid 7 series will have a new "Luxury Seating Package" available
  • Heads Up Display and Leather Dashboard offered as stand alone options. Anthracite Headliner no longer offered on this model.
  • 6-disc DVD changer (696) will be added to Rear Seat Entertain Package
  • BMW Apps (6NR) now available as single option.

The BMW Apps (6NR) option is described as:
Coming as the next advancement in BMW's ConnectedDrive Strategy, BMW Apps will provide new, unique ways of connecting driver, vehicle, and iPhone. Please be advised that adding option 6NR to any vehicle will automatically add Smartphone Integration (6NF) without an additional charge. 6NF will no longer be available as a standalone option. At the time of launch, BMW Apps will offer three functional areas (Apps, Plugin, and Video Playback).
  • Apps will consist of the BMW Connected App and BMW Certified 3rd Party Apps. The BMW Connected App is a free package available for download at Apple's App Store and currently includes Web Radio, Facebook and Twitter. Announcements for BMW Certified 3rd Party Apps will be forthcoming.
  • Plugin allows the user to take advantage of Apple iTunes features (such s Genius, album art, compiling playlists, etc.) that were previously unavailable. In essence, this function brings the look and feel of Apple's iPod interface to the iDrive display (requires snap in adapter)
  • Video Playback enables the user to view any video playback from their iPhone via the iDrive display when the vehicle is stationary (requires snap in adapter).
BMW Apps will be available on all BMW vehicles as of March, except for X3, X5, and X6 models, where the availability will begin as of April. iPhone models supported include 3G, 3GS or 4 enabled with the "BMW Connected" app available free of charge at Apple's App Store.

Name:  7-series-march-production-changes.jpg
Views: 7067
Size:  421.4 KB
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 10:22 AM   #2
LaMpiR
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: None

I would like to see in BMW 7: Internet for sharing, like wifi tethering. Like the one that Audi has, then Splitview screen that Merc and Range Rover have, integrated google maps because it's simply looks awesome and better choice of rims.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 11:42 AM   #3
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

I can't believe the 7 series still doesn't get the LED angel eyes...its a shame for the 7 series to have the ugly yellow angel eyes, when almost the entire line up will soon have LED angel eyes
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 01:32 PM   #4
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

@SlammedM6: If I'm not mistaken, the MY2012 (starting with the March production) will in fact have the LED AE!

I got a call from my lovely sales lady from my local BMW dealership just over a week ago and she informed me that the 2012 Alpina B7 xDrive will be available as long wheel base version in Canada!!
Finally! I wondered who made the stupid decision for the previous model year to only import the short wheel base version to Canada...
Production will start in March...
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 02:24 PM   #5
shanecarmaster1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 325i, F01 750Li, e38 740i

Holy crap! Almost all of the luxury amenities were removed! From the seats, to no more Active Roll Stabilization, to no more anthracite headliner, etc. What makes the F01 really unique and nice is that many of those features make the car "that much" better and are standard. How many of your average 7-series buyer will want to invest in those extra options when people don't believe in them anyway until they try it? There will be a lot of stripped down 7's on Autotrader, ebay, and Cars.com now.
      02-04-2011, 07:04 PM   #6
Whoopsy
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11 B7, 11 X6M, 07 997TT, 08 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
@SlammedM6: If I'm not mistaken, the MY2012 (starting with the March production) will in fact have the LED AE!

I got a call from my lovely sales lady from my local BMW dealership just over a week ago and she informed me that the 2012 Alpina B7 xDrive will be available as long wheel base version in Canada!!
Finally! I wondered who made the stupid decision for the previous model year to only import the short wheel base version to Canada...
Production will start in March...
Importing the swb version is the smart one actually.

B7 is a sports sedan, lwb does not equal sportyness. How much time do you spend in the back seat enjoying the extra leg room?

lwb cars are for people being driven in by a chauffeur, they can sit in the back enjoy the extra leg room. If you buy a lwb B7 AND sits in the back, who is enjoying the dynamics and extra performance of the engine, you or the chauffeur?

Unlike 760, B7 is for owners who DRIVES their own cars, which means they will never be in the back seat. For people showing off that they can afford to ride in a top line BMW, BMW offers the 760 in lwb only, as the 760 is the range topper for 7 series.

I was so glad BMW Canada finally listened to me that they import the B7 in swb AND xDrive, and I reward them with my purchase, one of the first ones in Canada. Let me tell you this, the car is so much fun to drive and with all the nice gizmo like night vision and stuff, you DO NOT WANT TO BE SITTING IN THE BACK SEAT, EVER.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 11:02 PM   #7
mjr24
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp GC, X7, AMG GT53

I don't think you are going to see LED angel eyes until 2013 model year. I believe the last couple 7 series generations didn't do a refresh until the 5th year in the cycle.

For the 2002-2008 7 series....the refresh was done in 2006. For the 1995-2001....they were not done until the 1999 model year.

Mercedes goes one year earlier....they do it in the 4th year of the cycle.

Last edited by mjr24; 02-04-2011 at 11:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 08:38 AM   #8
cracker123
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AstonMartin Virage, M6 GC

Interesting, I wonder if the price is going to increase with the new standard options. The camera package along with Active Roll stabilization are a must for any 7 buyer. We missed on both of them. Oh well next time.

Also with the addition of the Heads up and side and top view camera's I wonder what is going to be the price of the Drivers assistance package. Probably close to 4-4.5K
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 01:12 PM   #9
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

@Whoopsy: In general I agree with you, however the notion that the LWB version is only for those that get driven around is nonsense.

I currently drive a 750i (SWB) individual fully loaded with every available option. Unfortunately the xDrive and/or B7 versions weren't even available in the F01/F02 style at the time I ordered and took delivery of my car.

I end up driving either my family or business associates in my car quite often, so the LWB version would be better then the SWB version for those occasions. I do like the SWB and the sportiness it provides and also LOVE the IAS (Integrated Active Steering) system that is unfortunately not available on the xDrive versions. The B7 in LWB version will give me a compromise between being sporty but still give me the extra space for my rear seat passengers!

My wife has her seat (passenger seat) almost all the way in the back position and my youngest daughter usually sits behind her and every single time she gets in she tends to hit/kick the backside of the passenger seat with her shoes or boots. It's annoying (especially in the winter time with all the bloody salt) since I have to clean it quite often! So again, the LWB version would benefit this situation a LOT better.

I would order the 760 in a heartbeat IF they would offer it in xDrive version!

My comment about BMW Canada's decision to import the B7 was that they should have offered or imported the SWB AND LWB xDrive versions not just the SWB version.
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 09:12 AM   #10
Whoopsy
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11 B7, 11 X6M, 07 997TT, 08 X5

So you do need the extra room

From my communication with BMW Canada the decision to import swb xDrive only in the first year was because that's what the market wants and they do not want to get stuck with lwb versions unsold. But after getting feedback from potential customers like you they decides to bring in lwb versions also.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #11
mbworldz
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Yep, my first BMW 7 series. Looks like I can't be a fan of BMW anymore.
Will go back to Mercedes. The guy who made this decision for 7 series should be freaking fired and got no brain at all. I hope they are read this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlammedM6 View Post
I can't believe the 7 series still doesn't get the LED angel eyes...its a shame for the 7 series to have the ugly yellow angel eyes, when almost the entire line up will soon have LED angel eyes
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 11:40 AM   #12
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

BMW seems to miss quite often on the options available. In the US we get cheated on available options and color combinations. For me it is enough to choose Mercedes S instead.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 05:08 PM   #13
mbworldz
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall View Post
BMW seems to miss quite often on the options available. In the US we get cheated on available options and color combinations. For me it is enough to choose Mercedes S instead.
I hear ya. The reason I got my 2011 740i is the new body style.
This is also my first BMW. My past was all Mercedes.
Quite disappointed with this BMW especially ugly yellow color angel eyes.
I would definitely get the S class instead. Look more class.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 09:37 AM   #14
bimbimmer
Rep
Drives: 323i LE

Love the pics of your M6. It looks amazing!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 03:23 PM   #15
Fred0007
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 740i

i love this car! My beautiful new bmw 740i just arrived. I could not be happier. I got a sick deal also. I leased the bmw 7 series from this leasing company out of ny mandvleasing for only 769 a month with zero down. The car is gorgeous and drives great also.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 12:35 AM   #16
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred0007 View Post
i love this car! My beautiful new bmw 740i just arrived. I could not be happier. I got a sick deal also. I leased the bmw 7 series from this leasing company out of ny mandvleasing for only 769 a month with zero down. The car is gorgeous and drives great also.

What year is your 740i?
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 12:32 AM   #17
mjr24
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp GC, X7, AMG GT53

Not a chance in hell you leased a 740 even for anywhere near that. You won't even get a 535i for that. Nice try at advertising your business.
Appreciate 0