BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

02-07-2018, 03:46 PM   #45
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M760Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelo Cat View Post
i’ll Start calling you Dr. Evil from now on!

Nice video that explains most of the features much better than I did of the Icon adaptive LED lights but leaves out a few so to add;

-variable light distribution: urban driving, low beam illumination is extended to the sides automatically at speeds below 30 or when braking below 25 mph. Motorway, width of the low beam pattern is increased (not to the immediate sides but further up at edges) at speeds above 68 mph for 30 seconds or more OR if speed > 87 mph at all (where legal ) and remains so until speed drops below 50 mph.

-some videos also show light distribution (not only splitting the beam) actively reduces in size or increases with oncoming traffic. So the right headlight will not only actively split and move to the right further to not bling the oncoming car but also dynamically shorten as the vehicle approaches and then then eventually switch off high beam altogether on that side when it reaches a minimum range to be reactivated once car is past and then dynamically ‘grows’ a bit as well.

Very cool features we’ll all have!

-frickin lasers: only i8 and 7 have them currently! You’ll need them in the 760 with the acceleration you’ll have!
Yeah in fairness the video is a little old. I think it dates back even to when I had a Xenon lights that did the tricks in the video. Either way though it does give you a nice idea of it.

Don't forget to switch it on though 325_bucks. Not sure if it's moved on the new sticks but it's the bottom of 2 buttons on the end of the left stick on my M5. The top button changes the little trip computer screen. It's one of those things that if you don't read the manual or know you might easily miss it and just think all you get is turning headlights.

I suspect in the UK the lasers won't turn on that often with it's requirements that nothing else is about. I might need to get that coded out otherwise how am I ever going to be able to slice other cars into two

Appreciate 0
      02-07-2018, 03:52 PM   #46
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '16 G11 730d, '18 F33 420d Cab

Garage List
Yes, mine is also on left stalk bottom of two buttons, 325_bucks is likely also there but worth looking. You’ll get an adaptive light showing on dash and separate high beam when that comes on.

Lasers come on quite a bit actually! ^
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2018, 04:42 PM   #47
325_bucks
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

The button is in the same place on my 6 but I have a feeling it might have changed as well on the latest cars, not sure though. I'll check it out on Saturday as I'll be at the dealers again
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2018, 05:36 PM   #48
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M760Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325_bucks View Post
The button is in the same place on my 6 but I have a feeling it might have changed as well on the latest cars, not sure though. I'll check it out on Saturday as I'll be at the dealers again
Be careful, they might get a restraining order against you if you go and drool over their cars too often
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2024, 06:25 PM   #49
JellyStyle
Builder of Special Cars
Rep
Drives: G12 B7,F02 750li,E70 X5M,E46M3

Does anyone know what goes in this slot inside the rear comfort seats tray?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0