BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

01-26-2018, 05:54 AM   #1
bmwfanatic123
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw 1 series

2018 BMW M760Li V12 vs 740e - Comparison and Review

What do you think? I personally like the M760Li better because of the V12
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 05:22 AM   #2
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '16 G11 730d, '18 F33 420d Cab

Garage List
Thanks for posting this, interesting to see the subtle differences on some models. I note that there is a camera on the front grill of the 760Li (to the right hand side as one looks at the front of the car...I assume this is for night vision / executive drive pro? I don't have that round hole or camera in any case)...The camera for surround view is still in the middle of the kidney grills like in mine.

Also, the rear door handles are different in the interior to mine. I assume if one has the window blinds and 'sky lounge' sunroof, they need extra space to put the button and wires so they have sculpted an area higher up on the door and by the ashtray...on mine it is the same as the front door (a small cut out on the armrest.

Don't see any other differences that stick out to me but useful to see the two latest iterations. Thanks.

FastLaneJB will soon be in one of these and likely this won't help the anticipation!

Pics of what I mean below:
Attached Images

Last edited by Pelo Cat; 01-27-2018 at 05:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 04:09 PM   #3
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M760Li

Yeah the camera in the grill is the night vision camera. Got that ordered so should have that on mine. The one I borrowed from the dealer didn't have that feature and hence no camera there.

Interesting on the doors. I guess not an M760Li difference but just a change from the short and long wheel base models.

Indeed, need to chase the order number with the geniuses next week and see if I have a delivery date yet. The wait is always so long after you order a new car...
Appreciate 0