BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > Classifieds: For Sale / Trade / Wanted

05-18-2017, 07:40 AM   #1
Gr330zhp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 ZCP 6MT AW/BLK

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
2000 BMW 740i Sport Individual

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 8,500.00

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
I am selling my beloved E38. This car has been my pride and joy and has been one of, if not the best car I've owned. It is my second E38 chassis 740i and I looked for a very long time to find this particular one. After owning my previous Imola Red Sport and doing all of the maintenance on the car over a few years I knew the chassis extremely well. 6 months after selling it, I knew I needed another and said I would keep it for awhile, this time I set out to find a southern car that would be clean without any rust.

After weeks of searching, an ad came up for a clean Schwartz over Pearl Beige Sport Individual in Texas. Immediately I called the seller and he confirmed the car and it's condition. The next morning I flew out to Houston, signed the papers and drove the car back to Maine, 2100 miles without an issue.

Since then I have done tons of maintenance to bring the car back to new. And any mods were done so in an OEM+ type of manner. I am an extreme bmw enthusiast and do all the maintenance on the cars myself. The car is a 2000 740i Sport Individual. It has an M62TU 4.4L V8 producing 282hp and 324tq.

Options include:

-Individual package-Schwartz black with 2 tone Pearl Beige Nappa leather interior with black piping and black carpet

-M Sport package (the shorter wheelbase sport is the true sport package that includes 18" M parallel staggered wheels, sport suspension, Shadowline exterior trim-no chrome, Steptronic transmission with sport torque converter, 3:15 rear end, sport mutli-contour seats, Vavona Redwood interior trim, 3 spoke M sport steering wheel)

-DSP Hifi sound system
-Navigation
-Front heated seats
-power rear sunshade and manual side sunshades
-Xenon headlights

Maintenance and replacement parts in the last 20k and 2 years include:

-Timing chain, guides and all hardware
-Timing chain tensioner
-Valve cover gaskets
-All new VANOS units from Dr. Vanos(very pricey but well worth it)
-Spark plugs
-Upper timing cover gaskets
-Powder coated valve covers wrinkle black to clean up the peeled paint that happens on all M62s
-Afe air filter
-Power steering hoses
Serpentine belt and A/c Belt
-All pulleys and tensioners
-Transmission fluid service with OE fluid and filter
-Bilstein sports
-B&G springs(identical to famous UUC springs)
-All new suspension components(front and rear upper and lower control arms, steering center link and outer tie rods, sway bar bushings and end links, upper mounts all around)
-Center support bearing
-Guibo(Flex disc)
Diff fluid
-Fuel Charcoal canister
-new battery
-New OEM Infrared reflect windshield
-Brembo coated brake rotors
-Cool Carbon performance brake pads
-Bavarian Auto Stainless brake lines
-New brake calipers all around
-Replacement OE Trunk shocks
-replacement headight lens
-upgraded headlight bulbs
-new windshield cowl with OE wipers
-new rear fender liners
-new Fuel filter and hoses
-new valley pan gasket and all hardware
-Cooling system overhaul (waterpump, thermostat, upper and lower radiator hoses, radiator)
-New OE throttle body
-rear heater hoses(common failure on this car)
-Heater control valve
-rear window regulator
-driver airbag replacement (no accidents, just SRS fault)
-Refinished all 4 M parallel wheels
-New OE DSP subwoofers
-Fresh cabin microfilters
-Fresh cabin recirculate filters
-repaired instrument cluster with new LED strip and aluminum trim rings
-differential fluid swapped to Redline Synthetic

-All fluids are changed regularly, with 5k mile synthetic oil changes and Blackstone oil analysis to show how incredibly well maintained the engine is. Coolant, brake and power steering fluids also changed annually.

Mods include:

-750iL OEM kidney grills
-750iL wood dome and rear reading lights
-750iL footrests
-black Alcantara headliner as well as a, b and c pillars
-black lower b pillars (factory pearl beige will be included with the car)
-X5 black sun visors
-MkIV navigation unit
-16:9 wide monitor
-updated maps with ///M splash screen, better graphics and perspective view
-Bav Sound full stage one speaker upgrade
-new OE carpet floor mats
-OE E38 rubber floor mats (No longer available and pretty rare)
-Hard wired for V1 radar detector
-New side sunshades
-01 taillights
-new amber turn signals and side markers
-LED plate lights
-front license plate delete
-50% window tint professionally installed

Exterior- overall I would say it is an 8.5 out of 10. The shape of the vehicle is pretty incredible especially considering it has 172k miles. I am a detailing fanatic and it shows with the car. The car is always garaged and washed once a week, with full details every 6 months with the best products. The undercarriage was coated with Fluid Film every year to protect its rust free undercarriage and not driven in big winter storms and garaged. The paint is free of swirls and scratches and really has a deep gloss to it. The clear coat is in good shape. There are 2 small dings on the passenger rear door that the PDR guy could not access to remove. The trunklid is debadged for a cleaner look. It shines like a show car(I have done a few shows with it as well).

Interior-I would say the interior is a 9 out of 10 and my favorite part of the car. It is absolutely gorgeous and extremely rare. The Individual line was a rare factory option that was found on mostly 750iLs where the buyer could choose from particular colors. Being on a sport 740i makes it very unique you get the best of both worlds. So much where I have confirmed with the E38 registry that it was the only Sport imported in that color combination with black piping Nappa leather interior(super plush and soft leather). The leather is in incredible condition and not faded like most Pearl beige interiors. The previous owner actually ordered new leather from BMW and had the driver and passenger seats recovered. And it looks incredibly new. The interior smells as new. The carpets are clean with no stains. The wood trim is in great shape with only a few cracks (typical of BMWs of this era) and no fading. All electronics and controls function 100% as they should. The A/C blows incredibly cold, even better than my E92 M3. It really is a great car to drive far distances with.

Mechanically-The maintenance list speaks for itself but I would say 9 out of 10 again with only reason being the 172k miles not giving it a 10. The engine runs extremely smooth with no odd sounds. The transmission shifts incredibly smooth in drive or sport with no slipping or hard jerking. The chassis is 100% with no shaking or shimmy from the steering wheel or brakes. I have attached Blackstone Lab oil analysis showing that the engine is in incredible shape. The car is built for effortless high speeds.

I have all records for the car, the owners manual the original VHS tape owner's video, 2 master keyfobs (one is new) as well as the Valet key. The car has a clean title and carfax with no accidents. The vehicle is my daily driver and is extremely reliable, I wouldn't hesitate a second to take the car across the country. I maintained the car above and beyond to keep it for years but unfortunately I need a truck and I must sell it.

Asking $8,500

Attached Images

2012 BMW M3 ZCP 6MT
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2017, 09:37 AM   #2
CO335D
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 335D

Is this still available, by chance?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2018, 11:48 AM   #3
juan_donson
Registered
Rep
Drives: Former E30, Soon to be E38

Hey, is this still available? I'll come get it in a heartbeat!
Appreciate 0