BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

02-22-2011, 12:22 AM   #1
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Driver's Door Lock Button

Does anyone else have to press more firmly on the driver's door lock button than on the rest of the car's door lock buttons for the doors to lock? For some reason I feel like I have to press a little harder at the driver's door...
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 08:14 PM   #2
socal mom
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LI, 2010 M6, 2005 X5

I agree

I have noticed locking the driver's door is more difficult.

I have gotten in the habit of opening my rear door with the keyless entry when I have a passenger since it unlocks all four doors. When you use keyless entry on the driver's door it only opens that door and necessitates using the door lock/unlock for your passenger. Great security measure, but it's annoying having someone wait for you to unlock their door.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 10:56 PM   #3
dbs600
Colonel
Rep

Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 08:55 PM   #4
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

@dbs600: I assume you are talking about the outside handle? If so, all my doors seem to work the same way, in fact they are so sensitive that the other day I was walking by the car and my leather jacket brushed up against the door handle (with the key fob in the pocket) and the car unlocked itself... I was like ... what the heck ? then I realized that my jacket had brushed up against the car

@socal mom: You can program the unlock all doors feature in the iDrive option menu (somewhere in the settings screen), if you want all doors or just the driver door unlocked if you use the remote.
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 09:10 PM   #5
dbs600
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
@dbs600: I assume you are talking about the outside handle? If so, all my doors seem to work the same way, in fact they are so sensitive that the other day I was walking by the car and my leather jacket brushed up against the door handle (with the key fob in the pocket) and the car unlocked itself... I was like ... what the heck ? then I realized that my jacket had brushed up against the car
No fair.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 06:34 PM   #6
socal mom
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LI, 2010 M6, 2005 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post

@socal mom: You can program the unlock all doors feature in the iDrive option menu (somewhere in the settings screen), if you want all doors or just the driver door unlocked if you use the remote.
xDrive50i.

I was referring to the keyless entry when unlocking the doors, not the remote. (I am assuming you were referring to the remote choices in iDrive...I have that one figured out) Keyless entry is great when its just me, but if you have a few passengers, I have to hop into the car and hit the door unlock button in order to open their doors. (I use my keyless entry almost exclusively because I am typical woman with a GIGANTIC purse and my keys are always lost in the bottom somewhere) The best way I have found to open all four doors at once is to use the keyless entry on any door other than the drivers door. If you have any other suggestions or there is an option for any keyless unlock choices in iDrive that I've missed, I would love to know it.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 01:18 AM   #7
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

@socal mom: I am the same way, I use the keyless entry pretty much 99.5% of the time. Most of the time I actually unlock the doors by opening the rear passenger driver side door (which as you know automatically unlocks all doors). I have to check about the unlock options again as I haven't changed them in a long time

I will let you know if I find anything different...
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 01:24 AM   #8
dbs600
Colonel
Rep

Update: New driver's door handle on order - currently on national backorder!?
Appreciate 0