BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

06-20-2010, 02:26 PM   #1
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

760 Exhaust System

Does anyone know if the 760 has a different exhaust system than the 750? I am not referring to the quad tips, which do not actually attach to the pipes, but that of the system itself, and specifically: are the 760 pipes spaced differently from that of the 750 pipes? Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Unfortunately, I don't currently have the parts database installed so that I could look this up. I believe however that the back part is pretty much the same between the 750 and 760 (mufflers and piping). The front end obviously has to be different especially since the exhaust on the V8 is in the V and on the V12 it's in it's traditional location (along the outside of each 6 cylinder bank).

As for the exhaust tips. The spacing for the dual exhaust pipes coming from the muffler on the 750 is actually further apart than the exhaust tip opening in the bumper. In fact it sort of is and acts like a funnel with the inside being larger than the outside. On the 760, the exhaust tips are straight pipes mounted directly in-front of the dual exhaust pipes coming from the muffler. I believe on both cars (on the 750 I know this for a fact on the 760 I assume it's the same) one of the exhaust pipes (on each muffler) has a vacuum valve.

If you are thinking of replacing the 750 single opening exhaust pipes (tips) with the 760 style dual pipes, you will also have to replace the bottom bumper insert that the tips are mounted to as the openings in this plastic bumper piece are not the same!
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 01:24 PM   #3
Cocodrilo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW activeHybrid7 beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
If you are thinking of replacing the 750 single opening exhaust pipes (tips) with the 760 style dual pipes, you will also have to replace the bottom bumper insert that the tips are mounted to as the openings in this plastic bumper piece are not the same!
Good to know. I am also planning to do a cosmetic mod here and add quad tips. So this means I have to get a new diffuser, otherwise wont fit.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 02:33 PM   #4
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocodrilo View Post
Good to know. I am also planning to do a cosmetic mod here and add quad tips. So this means I have to get a new diffuser, otherwise wont fit.
Correct. As far as I know, if you order the quad pipes from BMW and the corresponding diffuser, the diffuser comes unpainted and needs to be painted in your cars specific color/paint to match the rest of the bumper.
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0