BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

03-26-2015, 11:04 AM   #67
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year's_End
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT View Post
Never said its shit, I said its ugly. Obviously you didn't sense the trolling In that one post in response to Levi.

Is there ever a middle ground when two opposing sides are arguing? Hope you're not an attorney.
>my post "the LFA is a great car, here are some reasons why"
>your reply "599 GTO, F12" (as if that's supposed to mean something)
>your other posts "it's a Toyota. it's ugly"

My point is obvious. I'm done with the conversation anyway.
You said its the ultimate car, front engine, rear drive.. I listed two cars which are front engine rear drive I think are better.

Other posts weren't towards you.

Stating what I said out of context isn't making a point but ok..
"It's like the ultimate FM/RR car," not "it's the best FM/RR car."

It's a fun car. Period. There's no way in proving the other two are better. They don't detract from the LFA. It's not a pissing match.

I just don't get what you're trying to prove here.
Maybe you should read the thread. I listed two cars that I think are better than the LFA. Can't prove which is better? Of course you can't.. It's all about preference. Am I wrong for thinking the LFA looks hideous? Nope, it's an opinion. Wrong for liking Ferrari more? Nope, another opinion. It's not about proving anything, it's a car forum and a conversation between people who have different views, different likes and dislikes. You don't want to be in the conversation, don't respond or throw yourself into a conversation between other people.
      03-26-2015, 02:16 PM   #68
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Never said its shit, I said its ugly. Obviously you didn't sense the trolling In that one post in response to Levi.

Is there ever a middle ground when two opposing sides are arguing? Hope you're not an attorney.

You said its the ultimate car, front engine, rear drive.. I listed two cars which are front engine rear drive I think are better.

It's a fun car. Period. There's no way in proving the other two are better. They don't detract from the LFA. It's not a pissing match.

Maybe you should read the thread. I listed two cars that I think are better than the LFA. Can't prove which is better? Of course you can't.. It's all about preference. Am I wrong for thinking the LFA looks hideous? Nope, it's an opinion. Wrong for liking Ferrari more? Nope, another opinion. It's not about proving anything, it's a car forum and a conversation between people who have different views, different likes and dislikes. You don't want to be in the conversation, don't respond or throw yourself into a conversation between other people.
It's an open forum. You'll have to deal with it.

Just try not to dumb down the forum with childish remarks about an amazing piece of engineering.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 02:26 PM   #69
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's an open forum. You'll have to deal with it.

Just try not to dumb down the forum with childish remarks about an amazing piece of engineering.
You'll just have to deal with it as well. And show me where I said anything about the engineering of the car? Do you like making shit up?

Bottom line, I think the LFA is ugly as SHIT! Front end looks like origami, gone wrong.
      03-26-2015, 02:42 PM   #70
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You'll just have to deal with it as well. And show me where I said anything about the engineering of the car? Do you like making shit up?

Bottom line, I think the LFA is ugly as SHIT! Front end looks like origami, gone wrong.
>childish remarks

It started with you calling the LFA a Toyota. Obvious negative implication. Then you called someone a troll. Then I joined in. Cue never-ending argument we're having.

It's the same worn out tropes you hear all the time. But okay, we can end this: I'm blowing it out of proportion and you're calling it ugly. End of discussion and now we're both happy.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 02:43 PM   #71
PopsnBurbles
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135is :) 192/586

Garage List
Seriously, the P1, 918, and LaF should have a full mile drag race and release their times for three race tracks with the 'ring being one of them.

But nooo..we get this drama about the McLaren not wanting to release their time and Ferrari not wanting to share their cars for data gathering/comparison. They even restrict their owners from lending their cars for such purpose. Then we have the issues of manufacturers tuning their cars for the specific event/track thus deviating from the standard vehicle (I'm not sure if Porsche also did this with the 918).
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 02:49 PM   #72
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

>childish remarks

It started with you calling the LFA a Toyota. Obvious negative implication. Then you called someone a troll. Then I joined in. Cue never-ending argument we're having.

It's the same worn out tropes you hear all the time. But okay, we can end this: I'm blowing it out of proportion and you're calling it ugly. End of discussion and now we're both happy.
I only trolled cuz he was trolling. Calling it a Toyota was for educational purposes, in case not everyone is as car savvy as us. I can't go around assuming what other people know or don't know. Haha ok fine we can end it.
      03-26-2015, 03:06 PM   #73
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

>childish remarks

I only trolled cuz he was trolling. Calling it a Toyota was for educational purposes, in case not everyone is as car savvy as us. I can't go around assuming what other people know or don't know. Haha ok fine we can end it.
I think we just went through the keyboard effect. :cheers:
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 06:07 PM   #74
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

>childish remarks

I think we just went through the keyboard effect. :cheers:
All good lol, part of being on a public forum.
      04-04-2015, 01:27 PM   #75
auf Deutsch
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 jackrabbit on crystal meth

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
LaFerarri

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...-tested-review

Ridiculous stats
2017 BSM M2|6MT|Exec|black kidneys and gills|full alcantara wheel|CF spoiler|Dinan Stage 4|Dinan COI|Dinan free flow exhaust with resonator delete|Fabspeed sport cat DP|BMS clutch stop|465 bhp|4.75/5 stars

retired: 2014 435xi|MPPK|335 bhp|3/5 stars
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 02:57 AM   #76
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by auf Deutsche
I heard the car was a factory car with turbos running on C16 fuel.. Lol jk
      04-06-2015, 05:30 PM   #77
Revcrazy
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3 coupe

Here's the video.

I love how Porsche stuck it to McLaren too in the fact that the P1 not only had a better tire, but it had tires that were already heat cycled giving it further advantage. Porsche just said no, we'll use a lesser non heat cycled tire and beat the P1 anyway.

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 07:23 PM   #78
Razzy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: N/A

Why can'tany of these car reviewers test on full tracks? There are SO MANY to choose from. Everyone who know anything about tracks and racing knows that Laguna Seca is a TINY track. Fine for your regular sportscars but not 900hp hypercars.

Come on. I reckon the P1 will eat the 918 on a full fledged circuit. These tiny tight tracks only play to the hand of the 918.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 07:55 PM   #79
secretsquirrel
Colonel
Rep
Drives: f80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzy View Post
Why can'tany of these car reviewers test on full tracks? There are SO MANY to choose from. Everyone who know anything about tracks and racing knows that Laguna Seca is a TINY track. Fine for your regular sportscars but not 900hp hypercars.
I was thinking the same thing. There's nothing like racing your 900hp car around the Miata track.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 10:36 PM   #80
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzy

Come on. I reckon the P1 will eat the 918 on a full fledged circuit. These tiny tight tracks only play to the hand of the 918.
They should test at Spa.
      04-07-2015, 12:37 AM   #81
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revcrazy
Here's the video.

I love how Porsche stuck it to McLaren too in the fact that the P1 not only had a better tire, but it had tires that were already heat cycled giving it further advantage. Porsche just said no, we'll use a lesser non heat cycled tire and beat the P1 anyway.

What do you think the turn out would be IF the McLaren was 4 wheel drive? I think IF the McLaren was 4 wheel drive it would win. Haha just bustin ur balls man.. Nice video, 918 sounds sick.. I'm surprised Chris Harris thinks the P1 sounds better.
      04-07-2015, 06:56 AM   #82
Revcrazy
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Here's the video.

What do you think the turn out would be IF the McLaren was 4 wheel drive? I think IF the McLaren was 4 wheel drive it would win. Haha just bustin ur balls man.. Nice video, 918 sounds sick.. I'm surprised Chris Harris thinks the P1 sounds better.
918 absolutely sounds better no doubt about it.

This is where I find comparos get dicey. What ifs. What is the Porsche were lighter and had more hp? What if the p1 had awd. I still believe the 918 to be the best of the big three hyper cars. There's def a reason why Ferrari won't let a laferrari run against a stop watch on track with a 918, to the point that even customers aren't allowed to let mags use their private cars. Says a lot.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 11:08 AM   #83
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Here's the video.

This is where I find comparos get dicey. What ifs. What is the Porsche were lighter and had more hp? What if the p1 had awd. I still believe the 918 to be the best of the big three hyper cars. There's def a reason why Ferrari won't let a laferrari run against a stop watch on track with a 918, to the point that even customers aren't allowed to let mags use their private cars. Says a lot.
I just used the "what ifs" because of ours previous convos.

918 is the best?
Best looking? Best in a straight line? Best on a track? Best sounding? Best engine? Best materials? Best on the road? Best driving position? Best drivers car?

I've seen all 3 cars in person and LaFerarri deff looks the best to me. Biggest presence on the street. No track battles yet so can't really talk about track times. LaFerrari is fastest in a straight line, has the best engine and is the best sounding.

Lap times aside, the P1 looked a lot more fun to drive in that head to head. It's no secret, getting 900+ hp on the ground, through the rear wheels is a challenge. It's clear the 918 benefits from it's all wheel drive and it seems to be the benefits it has over the other two.

Ferrari not participating in track battles doesn't say much, if the car wasn't built to shatter track times they see no point. They have nothing to prove, they let the kids play. For me, it'll always be... LaFerrari, P1 then 918.
Attached Images

04-07-2015, 11:10 AM   #84
Revcrazy
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Here's the video.

918 is the best?
Best looking? Best in a straight line? Best on a track? Best sounding? Best engine? Best materials? Best on the road? Best driving position? Best drivers car?

I've seen all 3 cars in person and LaFerarri deff looks the best to me. Biggest presence on the street. No track battles yet so can't really talk about track times. LaFerrari is fastest in a straight line, has the best engine and is the best sounding.

Lap times aside, the P1 looked a lot more fun to drive in that head to head. It's no secret, getting 900+ hp on the ground, through the rear wheels is a challenge. It's clear the 918 benefits from it's all wheel drive and it seems to be the benefits it has over the other two.

Ferrari not participating in track battles doesn't say much, if the car wasn't built to shatter track times they see no point. They have nothing to prove, they let the kids play. For me, it'll always be... LaFerrari, P1 then 918.
We all have opinions. I think the ferrari looks by far the worst...in fact other than the sound which still isn't as good as the 918 it has nothing arsteticslly nice about it.
To me building the 918 with AWD is just better engineering know that it will benefit from it. The 918 technically is a much great achievement in the calibration of all the systems than either of the other two and the track times are proving that. Each car was built the way it was and so far on track the 918 is king and ferrari are too much of cowards to try and prove otherwise. I have absolutely no respect for Ferrari, they by and large can't win without cheating and playing the system to their favor and even then it still doesn't work.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 01:54 PM   #85
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Here's the video.

918 is the best?

We all have opinions. I think the ferrari looks by far the worst...in fact other than the sound which still isn't as good as the 918 it has nothing arsteticslly nice about it.
To me building the 918 with AWD is just better engineering know that it will benefit from it. The 918 technically is a much great achievement in the calibration of all the systems than either of the other two and the track times are proving that. Each car was built the way it was and so far on track the 918 is king and ferrari are too much of cowards to try and prove otherwise. I have absolutely no respect for Ferrari, they by and large can't win without cheating and playing the system to their favor and even then it still doesn't work.
Hahahah ok.

McIntosh never used to submit any of their products for comparisons and they are known for making some of the best, if not the best, high end amplifiers and are highly respected in the high end audio world.

Liking Porsche more is one thing, hating another company just shows insecurity about your own choice. Always trying to put one company down to prove what you like is better. Constantly trying to validate your own opinion. Haters gona hate.
      04-07-2015, 01:55 PM   #86
Revcrazy
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Here's the video.

918 is the best?

Hahahah ok.

McIntosh never used to submit any of their products for comparisons and they are known for making some of the best, if not the best, high end amplifiers and are highly respected in the high end audio world.

Liking Porsche more is one thing, hating another company just shows insecurity about your own choice. Always trying to put one company down to prove what you like is better. Constantly trying to validate your own opinion. Haters gona hate.
No I'm not hating, just speaking fact and truth. A company who builds cars such as these should let it all hang out and see where they truly stand.
I don't hate on Ferrari, they make some good cars but they are insecure about their own products otherwise they wouldn't go to measures like they do to limit who drives them, and who tests them.
The only things I've said about Ferrari are either my opinion, on how ugly they look, or fact about how they cheat.
I welcome the comparo between the laferrari and the 918 but until Ferrari can prove itself the 918 is king.
Ferrari is like the kid who claims he is fastest but will never compete and prove it which tells you he in a likelihood isn't.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 02:15 PM   #87
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Here's the video.

918 is the best?

Hahahah ok.

No I'm not hating, just speaking fact and truth. A company who builds cars such as these should let it all hang out and see where they truly stand.
I don't hate on Ferrari, they make some good cars but they are insecure about their own products otherwise they wouldn't go to measures like they do to limit who drives them, and who tests them.
And all reporters tuck in their tails and do what Ferrari says.

It's like calling a hot girl a lesbian because she won't have sex with you or someone you know, to prove she's not.

Not sure what you consider hating, but your clearly hate on Ferrari. The video you posted shows a very experienced driver being a lot more impressed with the P1, calling it a real drivers car and having a lot more fun in the P1. Yes, 918 posts lap times, but when it comes to pure driving experience, it doesn't stand a chance. All the reviews I've seen say the P1 and LaFerrari are in a league of their own. That's the truth and fact.

Haha and you're like the kid who thinks he is a better person than everyone else because he can run a little faster.

Ferrari never claimed it was the fastest or claimed any track lap times.
      04-07-2015, 02:50 PM   #88
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Stop the quoting already.
It's just you two.
Appreciate 0