BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

04-16-2018, 04:06 PM   #23
Alpine300zhp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M4 Comp RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG_E90 View Post
Are MTrack Days coming back?
Maybe or maybe not. I googled it and there is no content on the M track days website. There was content a few months back....
      04-16-2018, 04:27 PM   #24
mtbnole
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAN1111 View Post
No Miami!!!!!!!!
This.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 04:53 PM   #25
PichaDis11
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 N52

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
Ok cool.

Is the M car control clinic worth it at these type of events, do you get enough seat time/instruction from instructors, does anyone know? Might just wait for Mtrack days.
When I went back in November I really wanted to do it but the time slots were already filled. You get a day to toss around an M3/M4 with some professional instructors; It seemed worth it IMO. It is rather subjective though, as I've never went to a track day etc. if you are interested, time slots for these events fill up fast so you may have to make up your mind pretty quick.
      04-16-2018, 05:07 PM   #26
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PichaDis11 View Post
When I went back in November I really wanted to do it but the time slots were already filled. You get a day to toss around an M3/M4 with some professional instructors; It seemed worth it IMO. It is rather subjective though, as I've never went to a track day etc. if you are interested, time slots for these events fill up fast so you may have to make up your mind pretty quick.
Well registration isn't open for SF yet so I am trying to figure out if it is worth it. Do you get almost a full day, or is it more like a half day?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 06:24 PM   #27
MetalMK
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Is it coming to Canada?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 06:32 PM   #28
alex2364
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP / 2023 X3 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [10.00]
2023 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseto View Post
There was no M5 in the acceleration lane when I went this past Saturday. It was really just a small drag strip for the i3....and yes it was as lame as it sounds

I'm headed to the VIP event tonight, so I think we get to drive the M5 there.
How did you get invited to the VIP event? I was there Saturday afternoon and it looked like they had a bunch of M cars for the VIP event.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 06:43 PM   #29
PichaDis11
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 N52

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PichaDis11 View Post
Well registration isn't open for SF yet so I am trying to figure out if it is worth it. Do you get almost a full day, or is it more like a half day?
It begs to question BMW on this. As in what is a full day? But indeed the registration details goes as:

"There is no refund for M Car Control Clinic. You need to be 25 years of age. For $750, have a full day driving some of the highest-performing vehicles on the planet. Drivers will get behind the wheel of the M3 or M4, get individual coaching from BMW-Certified Instructors, and take part in events like slalom and high-speed skids all promising new levels of driving skill. The best lap times qualify for the Ultimate Driver."

Full day it is.
      04-16-2018, 07:36 PM   #30
Zeroblade
Explodes on impact
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Mazda3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
They are! The website is already up with a big "2018 Coming Soon" plastered on the site.
I been keeping eye on this site. It was actually up then went down few days just lately and just came back.

*work in progress*
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 07:55 PM   #31
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

So I did the autocross at FedEx Field on Saturday and just came back from doing the M Car Control Clinic.

For $750, it was well worth it. One of the participants thought they should have canceled the event since it was pouring rain this morning along with being very windy. But I'm glad they still ran it. It's amazing how much grip is still there hanging the car out in the corner even with wet pavement. Now I know how the car will react in adverse conditions. The M Car Control Clinic was a bit unorganized in the fact none of us got reminder emails about it with any details. I did for the UDE. So I just went with what the registration website said which was it started at 9AM. The event didn't really start till 9:30. There was about 30 minutes of video/lecture and then we were on track after that. Bunch of different drills: slalom, braking, braking with ABS triggered while turning, emergency left "lane" change, skid pad, handling (UDE autocross on steroids), rat race (no timing but doing the same handling course but you get to hang it out), and then the timed run with a bigger autocross course.

They took the top 5 times from the two groups. They split us up into two groups. The drivers with the top 5 times got to compete on the UDE shootout course.

It was the whole day. We didn't finish till about 5. They also served us lunch. Will definitely do it again.

Oh and they had us alternating between M3s and M4s. The timed session was done on the M4. It was crazy dealing with the flooring that thing and the alternating dry and wet pavement. There were times I thought was going to lose the back end coming in hot into first tight corner after a longish straight where you really get up there in speed. The hard part was remembering not to lift off the throttle all the way. And the skidpad was entertaining. We went out in 330s with plastic rings installed on the rear tires. With the combination of wet and the slope of the parking lot at Fedex led to many entertaining moments. The goal was to throw the car into an oversteer situation hanging the rear out and then learning how to correct for it. Because of the traction issues, you can hang the back end out without much throttle and as slow as 10MPH. I got the my car spun around 360 degrees a couple of times.
Appreciate 1
      04-16-2018, 08:02 PM   #32
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
So I did the autocross at FedEx Field on Saturday and just came back from doing the M Car Control Clinic.

For $750, it was well worth it. One of the participants thought they should have canceled the event since it was pouring rain this morning along with being very windy. But I'm glad they still ran it. It's amazing how much grip is still there hanging the car out in the corner even with wet pavement. Now I know how the car will react in adverse conditions. The M Car Control Clinic was a bit unorganized in the fact none of us got reminder emails about it with any details. I did for the UDE. So I just went with what the registration website said which was it started at 9AM. The event didn't really start till 9:30. There was about 30 minutes of video/lecture and then we were on track after that. Bunch of different drills: slalom, braking, braking with ABS triggered while turning, emergency left "lane" change, skid pad, handling (UDE autocross on steroids), rat race (no timing but doing the same handling course but you get to hang it out), and then the timed run with a bigger autocross course.

They took the top 5 times from the two groups. They split us up into two groups. The drivers with the top 5 times got to compete on the UDE shootout course.

It was the whole day. We didn't finish till about 5. They also served us lunch. Will definitely do it again.

Oh and they had us alternating between M3s and M4s. The timed session was done on the M4. It was crazy dealing with the flooring that thing and the alternating dry and wet pavement. There were times I thought was going to lose the back end coming in hot into first tight corner after a longish straight where you really get up there in speed. The hard part was remembering not to lift off the throttle all the way. And the skidpad was entertaining. We went out in 330s with plastic rings installed on the rear tires. With the combination of wet and the slope of the parking lot at Fedex led to many entertaining moments. The goal was to throw the car into an oversteer situation hanging the rear out and then learning how to correct for it. Because of the traction issues, you can hang the back end out without much throttle and as slow as 10MPH. I got the my car spun around 360 degrees a couple of times.
Thanks for the feedback, definitely more interested after what you said. But where do you drive, is it just the parking lot and they make courses out of cones or something?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 08:06 PM   #33
psuibmw
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G06/G20/F30/F15/F10/E90

Garage List
2018 BMW 320xi  [10.00]
2023 BMW M340  [9.75]
2022 BMW  [10.00]
There no credit towards a new car purchase this time, correct?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 08:07 PM   #34
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback, definitely more interested after what you said. But where do you drive, is it just the parking lot and they make courses out of cones or something?
Yes, still a parking lot. But the courses are a bit bigger to allow for the M3/M4s to stretch their legs. The timed run course is about 2.5 to 3 times bigger than the UDE autocross. You get 5 runs and they take your best time.

You do get a lot of seat time. The instructors were great. I sort of felt they kept the better instructors for the M Car Control Clinic. If you check your pride at the door, you will go much faster by the end of the day. I was hanging it out there during the timed run and was surprised with the times I posted. Wish there was a day 2 because I feel there's still more I've left on the table.

All the M cars have the competition package. Was really surprised the ceramic brakes got up to optimal performance without that much coaxing especially with the cold temperature, wind, and rain today.
Appreciate 1
      04-16-2018, 08:13 PM   #35
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, still a parking lot. But the courses are a bit bigger to allow for the M3/M4s to stretch their legs. The timed run course is about 2.5 to 3 times bigger than the UDE autocross. You get 5 runs and they take your best time.

You do get a lot of seat time. The instructors were great. I sort of felt they kept the better instructors for the M Car Control Clinic. If you check your pride at the door, you will go much faster by the end of the day. I was hanging it out there during the timed run and was surprised with the times I posted. Wish there was a day 2 because I feel there's still more I've left on the table.

All the M cars have the competition package. Was really surprised the ceramic brakes got up to optimal performance without that much coaxing especially with the cold temperature, wind, and rain today.
Thanks for the info man, really appreciate it. I def think I'll sign up for the SF one, just wish they'd come out with some info on when/if MTrack days will be.
Appreciate 1
zx10guy5149.50
      04-16-2018, 08:57 PM   #36
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
This.

Anyone know if Mtrack days are coming back??
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 09:09 PM   #37
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

LOL who the f*ck wants to drive the i3? That shouldn't even be a possibility.
Appreciate 1
sikotic488.00
      04-16-2018, 09:22 PM   #38
SDPLV
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 DCT Silverstone II

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
LOL who the f*ck wants to drive the i3? That shouldn't even be a possibility.
You don't want to drag a human transporter that looks like a giant Easter egg?

Yeah. I consider it easily the ugliest and most overpriced BMW ever made.
Current: 08 E90 M3 DCT SSII w/ BE RB Swap, H8 Lux 180s, MS Drop-in AF, CF spoiler, CF diffuser, OEM CF leather trim, CF DCT paddles, Custom DCT flatbottom wheel, MirrorTap 9500ix, RockAuto rotors, Hawk HPS pads, AMS ECU 93 Oct Map Tune, GTS DCT update, Slambo custom undertray
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9698.00
      04-16-2018, 09:43 PM   #39
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Neat. Rests right on my birthday
      04-16-2018, 10:17 PM   #40
Zeroblade
Explodes on impact
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Mazda3

Quote:

I did CCC back in 2014 and it was pretty much the same experience. I also did "ice recovery" where we used regular 3 series but the back tires had some sleeve that gave it nearly 0 traction. It allowed us to essentially be able to "drift" at 5 MPH.

You do get a decent amount of time with individual instructors and will certainly come way learning something. I want to say its the kind of stuff they should be teaching in driver's ed. These cars (in general) are really capable and don't really know they can do until you're forced to make maneuvers.

For $750 though I'd say it's a one time thing and wouldn't repeat. Really, the stuff we did could've been done in any car so you're paying for the lessons, 1 on 1 with instructor while being in a M car. I've done two M Track days and they've been $250 for a half day little or no instructor hand holding except for the instructor lead, you follow event. Really for $250, its absolutely worth it.

*work in progress*
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 11:52 PM   #41
Lorde
Ya ya ya, I am Lorde, ya ya!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, 2015 SQ5

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
Quote:
This.

Anyone know if Mtrack days are coming back??
Check page 1.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 06:01 AM   #42
Bt12
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5,2018 m2, 2018 x1

Does anyone know if I can use my free M class towards this?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 08:16 AM   #43
SDPLV
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 DCT Silverstone II

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
I'm planning to sign up for multiple!
Current: 08 E90 M3 DCT SSII w/ BE RB Swap, H8 Lux 180s, MS Drop-in AF, CF spoiler, CF diffuser, OEM CF leather trim, CF DCT paddles, Custom DCT flatbottom wheel, MirrorTap 9500ix, RockAuto rotors, Hawk HPS pads, AMS ECU 93 Oct Map Tune, GTS DCT update, Slambo custom undertray
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 08:54 AM   #44
MikesBMW
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Garage List
2019 BMW X3 M40i  [0.00]
2017 BMW X1  [0.00]
What happens to the M5 with acceleration/launch control duty at the end of the event series? Would be my luck that I'd buy it used with a clean CARFAX thinking I got a great deal.
Appreciate 0