BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

03-16-2017, 12:42 AM   #1
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

SiriusXm Crooks

After dealing with SiriusXM (or its predecessors) since the E65/E66, I can say that this company is disreputable.

They just called me to renew one of the 3 relatively new BMWs owned by our family. These are not fancy cars (except my 7 to a small degree), but the rest are small workhorses.

They are safe cars.

Well, in renewing my subscription, every time you say "no" the offers get progressively better and better.

I know, that's fine. That's capitalism at its finest.

But, once I did my deal, I finally said, I have 3 BMWs with satellite radio. Is there any way I can get a discount?

Well, the lady already had that info directly in front of her. She knew that I had three subscriptions and she never said boo about the discounts I get for having three radios on a single account.

So, it's safe to presume that was her last progressive deal improvement she would have tossed in was the $x per month discount.

What a load of disingenuous BS. That's bad faith and tantamount to a sucker punch.

Hey siriusXM promise you will electronically go through your current customer list and give the multi-radio credit to any BMW OWNER that has two or more satellite radios and I will delete this post or otherwise comment that you are a good company.

However, until such time, I want to warn all bimmer owners of this fraudulent tactic of siriusXM of screwing BMW customers with more than one vehicle out of significant multi-vehicle discounts.

What a bunch of baloney.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 12:19 PM   #2
SilverRevlis
Motiphd
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535 M Sport

Every time I called them to have a radio removed from my account, they magically charge my card on file for three years of service for EVERY radio still on the account. I have to call them and explain that I prefer to go month to month and don't want them to do that. Then I check my account 2 months later and the radio I had called to have removed two months prior is BACK on the account!! WTF!??!? I have since cancelled them due to their customer service and depend on Spotify for entertainment in the car.
2010 Acura MDX SH-AWD Advance (hers/retired)
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 08:19 PM   #3
r20
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRevlis View Post
Every time I called them to have a radio removed from my account, they magically charge my card on file for three years of service for EVERY radio still on the account. I have to call them and explain that I prefer to go month to month and don't want them to do that. Then I check my account 2 months later and the radio I had called to have removed two months prior is BACK on the account!! WTF!??!? I have since cancelled them due to their customer service and depend on Spotify for entertainment in the car.
Yeah who need xm anymore anyway?

BMW shouldn't even give us this as an option
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2017, 08:51 PM   #4
Quicksilv3r
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i M-Sport

Oh man, these people are relentless. They call constantly trying to get me to sign up, sometimes even from phone numbers with local area codes. After getting cornered into listening to a couple of their high pressure sales pitches, I've taken to blocking the dozens of phone numbers they use. You're right, every time you say 'no' the deal gets better.
      04-20-2017, 11:43 AM   #5
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Interesting...

I will say this... I personally have a difficult time without this service due to my listening habits. I am very fond of several stations of theirs. I've had the service on several cars well over a decade. What I always do is take a "promotional deal" (5-6 month for @ $30) I never setup auto-renew! When the time comes to cancel, I allow it to do just that. I then call and make my case. They renew it for the same promo. I begin the cycle again. For $60 - $70 annually, it is definitely worth it! Anything above that, I'd have to let it go.
      06-24-2017, 11:09 AM   #6
realast8
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster and 2012 750i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Interesting...

I will say this... I personally have a difficult time without this service due to my listening habits. I am very fond of several stations of theirs. I've had the service on several cars well over a decade. What I always do is take a "promotional deal" (5-6 month for @ $30) I never setup auto-renew! When the time comes to cancel, I allow it to do just that. I then call and make my case. They renew it for the same promo. I begin the cycle again. For $60 - $70 annually, it is definitely worth it! Anything above that, I'd have to let it go.
I've done the same. However I make the call a day or two before it expires to the retention team and ask them for the same deal. They always say yes and they never have given me a hard time. I currently have 2 subscriptions with them renewing at different times.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2017, 02:57 PM   #7
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

^^ Bingo!
Appreciate 0