BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

11-03-2016, 09:30 AM   #221
RJ_
Baby-faced Assassin
No_Country
Rep
Drives: when car isn't broke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
3 Es and 2 past balls in the first 5 innings. How the hell did the cubbies hold on? Then when Hendricks gets pulled for a single walk, I started to think the goat was over in the first-base dugout.

When Santana came up in the 9th, I sent out a text: Kipnis walk-off.

Man, that was a nerve-wracking game, since I jumped on the Chicago bandwagon after they beat the Dodgers.
I thought Kipnis was gonna do it too. I was surprised he went for the high fastball when Chapman had been struggling with command. He helped him out when he probably should have extra patient and wait him out.

Easy for me to say though, I'm not in the box in Game 7 staring down 100mph fastballs coming from behind my head.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2016, 09:56 AM   #222
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I forget who hit the little bloop single over short against Chapman and scoring the tieing run, but if they had left Lester in that would have been an easy 3rd out.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2016, 10:38 PM   #223
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Not a fan of Chicago sports teams but it seems like this was destiny. My pops told me about how the first week he came to his country he went to a Cubs game at Wrigley Field with his brother. It was his first memory of America, and he was able to picture himself inside that stadium once again. Amazing how many lives that franchise has touched.
Appreciate 1
VRG_135836.50