BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

04-15-2015, 10:38 PM   #45
DocWeatherington
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP

Garage List
23 Bmw M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan RUDMAN View Post

I was pleased to be one of about 70 people in the "world" this evening to view in person the new G12. Was held at a private home in Coral Gables. Out of respect to BMW, there were no photographs allowed whatsoever, and all phones and cameras where checked at the door.

BMW has really stepped up on this car and it was worth the wait!

I went through four 7 series since 2002 and now this is the one I have been waiting for!

The new 2016 BMW 750 LI (G12) passes any expectation I had! It puts Mercedes S550 to shame. The exterior has an aggressive front and elegant modern rear. Incredible chrome details throughout the car inside on the dash, steering wheel, door and out. The new modern LED headlights are beautiful. It feels like a Bentley or Rolls with a sportier edge.

But what really makes this automobile is the interior with the new highly innovative i-drive that works with hand motion, double panel sunroof that lights up, all new electronics, speakers and a real "mood-light" interior light show throughout the vehicle. (different color selections). When you press the key in the evening, you will see a light on the ground by the car, similar to a "red carpet" in the shape of the number 7. so cool!

You can now charge your phone automatically in the center console wirelessly and when you walk away from the car, the i-drive system will remind you to take your phone. They also have the most advanced NEW drivers assistance programs in the world! If you cross the lane by accident, not only will the steering wheel vibrate to warn you but it will bring the vehicle back on your lane automatically. Just one of many new safety features available.

The leather selection and new color ways are better quality and very refreshing! And my favorite is the new Key that gives you your mileage, gas level and more.

Wait till you see the executive rear package with iPad like control panel, amazing built in foot rests and fold in table. You will be able to stream Netflix on the rear monitors.! The future is finally here.

BMW are truly the innovators and just watch the followers follow!

I have been a BMW owner since 1988 and still a loyal fan!

Thanks for the update.. Anything else you can share? dual I-Drive?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 11:47 PM   #46
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Thanks. Very helpful.

Did the new 7 have an augmented reality HUD? Ie full windshield?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 11:53 PM   #47
N & M
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Pictures Don't Do It Justice

Quote:

I was pleased to be one of about 70 people in the "world" this evening to view in person the new G12. Was held at a private home in Coral Gables. Out of respect to BMW, there were no photographs allowed whatsoever, and all phones and cameras where checked at the door.

I went through four 7 series since 2002 and now this is the one I have been waiting for!

The new 2016 BMW 750 LI (G12) passes any expectation I had! It puts Mercedes S550 to shame. The exterior has an aggressive front and elegant modern rear. Incredible chrome details throughout the car inside on the dash, steering wheel, door and out. The new modern LED headlights are beautiful. It feels like a Bentley or Rolls with a sportier edge.

I had the privilege of seeing this car a few weeks ago and had the same feeling. It is amazing how the photos do not do it represent the real strong points you describe.

Compared to the S500 it is in my view a generation ahead in every way, but I really wish that they would have adapted some of the more radical styling cues of the vision luxury concept car. Still, the 7 will be a statement.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2015, 02:19 AM   #48
HW99
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i, LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Previews are happening everywhere across the globe.
I will be in one in Shanghai on Sunday night but there is one tonight in Munich and in the BMW showroom in Paris.

M Sport in Profile.
Very nice proportions!

How does one get invited to this event here on Sunday in Shanghai? I'm not a 7er series owner (yet), but the amount I had to pay here for my 5er gets very close to the price of a 760Li in the U.S.

Last edited by HW99; 04-16-2015 at 09:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2015, 02:34 AM   #49
Blackraven
Captain
Rep
Drives: Toyota Corolla ALTIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HW99 View Post
Very nice profile!

How does one get invited to this event here on Sunday in Shanghai? I'm not a 7er series owner (yet), but the amount I had to pay here for my 5er is almost equally to the price of a 760Li in the U.S.
Haha is your 5 series built in China? Or did you choose a variant that is made in Germany?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2015, 03:21 AM   #50
HW99
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i, LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post
Haha is your 5 series built in China? Or did you choose a variant that is made in Germany?
A 5er "i" is of course made in Germany while any 5er "Li" is made in Shenyang/ China..One cannot only see the difference (length) but often smell it too (plastics..) while inside

Last edited by HW99; 04-16-2015 at 07:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2015, 05:06 AM   #51
Stan RUDMAN
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 760ix

Garage List
2023 760i  [0.00]
BMW selected their biggest markets around the world to do these very intimate and secured reveals. It was very special. It was the first time in their companies 50 year history.

Another amazing feature is the Kidney Grill, they are now truly functional, by opening and closing vents allowing air to flow through to cool the engine when needed. They really thought of just about everything.

The dash looks more modern with full electrical gauges. Though my 2014 750LI has the electronic gauges, these are more updated.

I had the chance to play with the new I-Drive, it will take some time to get use to the hand gestures, but I am sure it will be easier as time goes. Also the new Navigation Screen is better than I thought, I was surprised when they raised it from the dash and thought it would look more common, but it really works all together!

Last edited by Stan RUDMAN; 04-16-2015 at 05:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2015, 06:03 AM   #52
Pure
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i EB , RR Ghost Black D

Wink

Quote:
BMW selected their biggest markets around the world to do these very intimate and secured reveals. It was very special. It was the first time in their companies 50 year history.

Another amazing feature is the Kidney Grill, they are now truly functional, by opening and closing vents allowing air to flow through to cool the engine when needed. They really thought of just about everything.

The dash looks more modern with full electrical gauges. Though my 2014 750LI has the electronic gauges, these are more updated.

I had the chance to play with the new I-Drive, it will take some time to get use to the hand gestures, but I am sure it will be easier as time goes. Also the new Navigation Screen is better than I thought, I was surprised when they raised it from the dash and thought it would look more common, but it really works all together!
Thank you very much to you for offering this great information!...It is very interesting all the changes that you have commented on this wonderful car.

Can you tell if the leather seats are different?..¿Different form or level of comfort?

I had a 7 Series the previous year and especially loved for its handling and excellent elegance.Then change it for my current Rolls due because I wanted to try the next level ... But on my mind to repurchase a new generation 7 Series.

Does the car you saw was inlaid lacquer piano?

It's great that the car can connect to Netflix and this updated with all assistance systems.
You sure had fun at this exclusive event
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2015, 06:36 AM   #53
335ifanatic
Major
Rep
Drives: Revuelto, Urus Performante, X5

Looks like Vancouver wasn't on the list of cities BMW picked for this preview event. Nonetheless, thanks for sharing details on the new 7.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2015, 06:44 AM   #54
Stan RUDMAN
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 760ix

Garage List
2023 760i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
Thank you very much to you for offering this great information!...It is very interesting all the changes that you have commented on this wonderful car.

Can you tell if the leather seats are different?..¿Different form or level of comfort?

I had a 7 Series the previous year and especially loved for its handling and excellent elegance.Then change it for my current Rolls due because I wanted to try the next level ... But on my mind to repurchase a new generation 7 Series.

Does the car you saw was inlaid lacquer piano?

It's great that the car can connect to Netflix and this updated with all assistance systems.
You sure had fun at this exclusive event

The leather is completely upgraded with a cool diamond tucked pattern similar to Bentley,as an option.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2015, 07:13 AM   #55
Blackraven
Captain
Rep
Drives: Toyota Corolla ALTIS

Quote:
The leather is completely upgraded with a cool diamond tucked pattern similar to Bentley,as an option.
Oh diamond-quilting, that's highend stuff.

Anyways, were you able to get any information regarding V12 engine and M/M-Sport related info? (e.g.760Li M-Sport or some performance-oriented flagship variant)

Also, what about standard features and options?
-BMW LASERLIGHT headlamps
-The new LCD instrument panel (which is the successor to the current Option 6WB lcd instrument display panel)
-Video display key (like in the BMW I8)
-The rumored BOWER AND WILKINS sound system (and how many speakers)

And are there any pros and advantages to the LEATHER ENGINE COVER

Hehe thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2015, 08:02 AM   #56
Pure
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i EB , RR Ghost Black D

Quote:
That's great! ..What's engine options?...New paint finish?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2015, 09:06 AM   #57
cipher5
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Donington Grey X3M Comp

Quote:

But what really makes this automobile is the interior with the new highly innovative i-drive that works with hand motion, double panel sunroof that lights up, all new electronics, speakers and a real "mood-light" interior light show throughout the vehicle. (different color selections). When you press the key in the evening, you will see a light on the ground by the car, similar to a "red carpet" in the shape of the number 7. so cool!

You can now charge your phone automatically in the center console wirelessly and when you walk away from the car, the i-drive system will remind you to take your phone. They also have the most advanced NEW drivers assistance programs in the world! If you cross the lane by accident, not only will the steering wheel vibrate to warn you but it will bring the vehicle back on your lane automatically. Just one of many new safety features available.

The leather selection and new color ways are better quality and very refreshing! And my favorite is the new Key that gives you your mileage, gas level and more.

Wait till you see the executive rear package with iPad like control panel, amazing built in foot rests and fold in table. You will be able to stream Netflix on the rear monitors.! The future is finally here.

GREAT.... so it's BMW who is the maker of SKYNET. Judgement Day nears closer than ever.

This tech sounds exciting! Although I'd almost never be in the market for a 7er, these changes are exciting and I can't wait until they trickle down to the next models. I'm loving my F10 5er and can't wait to see some of this tech make it to the 5 series.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2015, 09:37 AM   #58
EmPower
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 xdrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher5 View Post
GREAT.... so it's BMW who is the maker of SKYNET. Judgement Day nears closer than ever.

This tech sounds exciting! Although I'd almost never be in the market for a 7er, these changes are exciting and I can't wait until they trickle down to the next models. I'm loving my F10 5er and can't wait to see some of this tech make it to the 5 series.
Sorry to pop everyones bubble; but the S-class does have this tech, where up to certain speeds the car basically drives itself. However a few enterprising brave folks have 'duped' the car to drive autonomously at higher speeds
19 Audi SQ5 (sold), 20 Audi S6 (sold),
22 Audi SQ5
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2015, 09:50 AM   #59
e92ben
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 BMW 635csi

Wasn't pictures of the new 7 already shown???
Attached Images

e92 ///M3
Appreciate 1
      04-16-2015, 09:52 AM   #60
e92ben
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 BMW 635csi

Yeah it was a while back.

e92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2015, 09:53 AM   #61
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Nardo F90 M5 on order

I wish I would have known this was happening, I would have scaled the walls and sold the pictures. I live like 10 minutes from Coral Gables.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2015, 09:53 AM   #62
rymiller73
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT

Sounds interesting...
      04-16-2015, 09:57 AM   #63
XRAVE
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonymiabmw View Post
I wish I would have known this was happening, I would have scaled the walls and sold the pictures. I live like 10 minutes from Coral Gables.
I've seen you driving around downtown before lol. Also on the 836
Current 2020 X7 50i
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2015, 09:58 AM   #64
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRAVE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonymiabmw View Post
I've seen you driving around downtown before lol. Also on the 836
Really what you drive?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2015, 09:59 AM   #65
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmPower
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher5 View Post

Sorry to pop everyones bubble; but the S-class does have this tech, where up to certain speeds the car basically drives itself. However a few enterprising brave folks have 'duped' the car to drive autonomously at higher speeds
I'm a BMW guy but for luxury sedans I'd take an S over a 7 anyday.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2015, 10:00 AM   #66
misterbeemer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92, E46 M3, E39 M5, 750Li

Quote:
They also have the most advanced NEW drivers assistance programs in the world! If you cross the lane by accident, not only will the steering wheel vibrate to warn you but it will bring the vehicle back on your lane automatically. Just one of many new safety features available.
Hmm, so what happens if some idiot starts to wander in to your lane and you instinctively move a bit out of your lane to avoid hitting him? Car puts you back in collision course or smart enough to avoid the other car?
Appreciate 0