BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

06-12-2009, 10:21 PM   #89
riazah
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 750 i and 2007 650 cic

congrats
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2009, 12:59 AM   #90
Fastbuck
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F01 740d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall View Post
Is it possible to purchase a your car in Canada if you live in the US so you can get all the options offered there?

I recall reading on another forum that both BMW and the US taxation system make this pretty difficult unless you have both a US and Canadian residential addresses.

Fastbuck
2012 F01 740d M Sport Alpine White Oyster/ Oyster
2013 E84 X1 1.8d M Sport Alpine White Black/ Black
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2009, 02:49 PM   #91
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

It used to be pretty popular for lots of Canadians to go and buy their car in the US and then import their new car into Canada. It was especially popular when the Canadian $ was on par or even higher than the US $. I haven't heard much about it lately. It wasn't uncommon to save $15k to $20k or even more on an average luxury car!

So I don't see why it should be very dificult for US citizens to buy a Canadian model car and import it to the US.

You do have to keep in mind though that there are a couple of differences between US and Canadian models. For example: Daytime running lights are mandatory in Canada, the dashboard either is in km/h only or has the km/h and mph on the speedometer but the mph are usually a lot smaller. The emissions standards are different (as far as I know they are more stringent in Canada). So it is possible that if you buy a car here and intend on importing it to the US, that you are required to have certain modification on the car performed and that you need to show them proof that they have peen completed on the car prior to them giving you the green light...
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 12:09 AM   #92
Chips335d
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M Sport 335d

xDrive, I'd love some more pics when you get time. Really want to see the interior dash and more detailed shots.

I'm sure you're out enjoying the car.
RETIRED: 2004 E46 330i ZHP Jet Black/Black
RETIRED: 2001 E46 330Ci Steel Grey/Black
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2009, 10:25 AM   #93
dm5272
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 750i '09 650i '09 750Li ED

Sorry to say but without pics of your "actual" car ... This thread is useless..
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2009, 12:32 PM   #94
Master Deep
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 325xi

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm5272 View Post
Sorry to say but without pics of your "actual" car ... This thread is useless..
wtf...the OP did put up pics in this thread...
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2009, 02:45 PM   #95
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Sorry for the long delay.

The weather hasn't been cooperating lately... lots of rainy days

Also, my wife had to stay at the hospital for the week I picked up my car
They suspected she may have had a heart attack so they kept her for almost a week at the hospital! She only got to see the new car after I had it for about 4 days!
She's back home now after some small surgery and is doing fine. Had to take care of the kids and everything else so things are finally getting back to normal around here.

The good things is that the doctors now changed their mind and re-classified her condition. So she did NOT actually have a heart attack. Which means she is allowed to drive a car!

Hope that by the weekend, the weather is going to clear up and I have a chance to take some nicer pictures of the car. Also need to wash the car first

On another note, I had to bring the car back into the shop after driving it for less than 100km... My neighbour found a screw in my driver side rear tire!!!!

So the dealership put it up and had a look at the tire. After removing the screw it showed a slow leak and since BMW doesn't allow them to fix a run-flat tire, they needed to replace it. Man am I glad that I got the tire and rim warranty!!!!

I assume that the screw was either in the tire by the time I went to pick up my car or it happened within the first 15km I drove the car... Not sure. Anyway, the good thing is that all the tires are still new so it makes no difference that they only changed one tire as they are all still brand new tires
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2009, 03:27 PM   #96
SpotM5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
Sorry for the long delay.

The weather hasn't been cooperating lately... lots of rainy days

Also, my wife had to stay at the hospital for the week I picked up my car
They suspected she may have had a heart attack so they kept her for almost a week at the hospital! She only got to see the new car after I had it for about 4 days!
She's back home now after some small surgery and is doing fine. Had to take care of the kids and everything else so things are finally getting back to normal around here.

The good things is that the doctors now changed their mind and re-classified her condition. So she did NOT actually have a heart attack. Which means she is allowed to drive a car!

Hope that by the weekend, the weather is going to clear up and I have a chance to take some nicer pictures of the car. Also need to wash the car first

On another note, I had to bring the car back into the shop after driving it for less than 100km... My neighbour found a screw in my driver side rear tire!!!!

So the dealership put it up and had a look at the tire. After removing the screw it showed a slow leak and since BMW doesn't allow them to fix a run-flat tire, they needed to replace it. Man am I glad that I got the tire and rim warranty!!!!

I assume that the screw was either in the tire by the time I went to pick up my car or it happened within the first 15km I drove the car... Not sure. Anyway, the good thing is that all the tires are still new so it makes no difference that they only changed one tire as they are all still brand new tires
Glad to hear about your Wife's condition - sounds like she will be fine. These medical emergencies can be scary at times.

Good thing you had the tire warranty! Is this something that is offered to you by the dealer? I don't recall discussing it with my US dealer. I actually took my F01 to the dealership today for the check engine light issue. As expected, my car is the first one back for any type of repair. There is also a Mandatory software upgrade for the car - so if you have a new 7- stop by the dealer. hopefully it will fix some of the glitches I have been experiencing. I didnt want them to write up the DVD/sound issue yet - too early to be a guinea pig.

I understand there is a new computer/software download machine that the dealers had to purchase for the F01/F01 ( and future F designated cars). They were "excited" to test out this new machine..... I received a 2008 750li as my loaner car. Let me tell you, it is a total piece of S$IT compared to my new F01. I was thinking to myself as I struggled with the old iDrive - how the hell did I buy 2 of these E65s?????? The interior is now a joke, the iDrive (which I have defended in the past) is sooo hard to use compared to the new iDrive. I'm glad I got this loaner to make me appreciate the F01 so much more and the advances in the car. Good job BMW!

I can honestly say that my F01 is MUCH closer to my M5 than it is to the old E65.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2009, 03:52 PM   #97
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpotM5 View Post
Glad to hear about your Wife's condition - sounds like she will be fine. These medical emergencies can be scary at times.

Good thing you had the tire warranty! Is this something that is offered to you by the dealer? I don't recall discussing it with my US dealer. I actually took my F01 to the dealership today for the check engine light issue. As expected, my car is the first one back for any type of repair. There is also a Mandatory software upgrade for the car - so if you have a new 7- stop by the dealer. hopefully it will fix some of the glitches I have been experiencing. I didnt want them to write up the DVD/sound issue yet - too early to be a guinea pig.

I understand there is a new computer/software download machine that the dealers had to purchase for the F01/F01 ( and future F designated cars). They were "excited" to test out this new machine..... I received a 2008 750li as my loaner car. Let me tell you, it is a total piece of S$IT compared to my new F01. I was thinking to myself as I struggled with the old iDrive - how the hell did I buy 2 of these E65s?????? The interior is now a joke, the iDrive (which I have defended in the past) is sooo hard to use compared to the new iDrive. I'm glad I got this loaner to make me appreciate the F01 so much more and the advances in the car. Good job BMW!

I can honestly say that my F01 is MUCH closer to my M5 than it is to the old E65.
Thanks Spot

It sure was scary especially since the doctors at first couldn't figure out what caused my wife's chest pains... So they kept her for over 6 days...

I totally agree with you on the iDrive and the interior of the E65 vs. F01!

I assume you are referring to the F01's handling/power/acceleration when you talked about your F01 being much closer to your M5 than the old E65?!?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 12:09 PM   #98
dm5272
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 750i '09 650i '09 750Li ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Deep View Post
wtf...the OP did put up pics in this thread...
what the!?... 4 some reason they did not load yesterday - zero pics (prob a slow net conn.)

I see them today!
Car looks awesome!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 03:07 PM   #99
Tnitaly
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Has anyone looked up, or seen the individual chrome plate for the trunk lid? I would really like to order that piece and have it put on.
Alpine White F80 M3 /// Full Sakhir Leather Interior /// 19" Vorsteiner VSE-003 /// M Adaptive Suspension /// DCT /// Carbon Fiber Trim /// Executive Package /// HK Sound/// LED Lighting /// Moonroof /// Driver Assistance Plus
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 04:42 PM   #100
bmr760
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C, F90 M5C, G05 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnitaly View Post
Has anyone looked up, or seen the individual chrome plate for the trunk lid? I would really like to order that piece and have it put on.
Hope this helps
http://www.7post.com/forums/showpost...45&postcount=5

Appreciate 0
      06-20-2009, 12:39 PM   #101
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnitaly View Post
My dealership will be putting the chrome strip with the 'individual' insignia onto my car once they receive the part. They should get this sometime in late June or early July (that was what I was told when I picked up my car).

The chrome strip with the insignia will be on individual cars starting with the June production (so I assume that whatever individual versions are being assembled right now will already have them on the trunk).

Talk to your dealership and see if they are willing to order and change that for you. I was told that I will get this done free of charge!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2009, 01:09 PM   #102
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Ok, as promised, here are a few more pictures. Unfortunately, I didn't have the time to give the car a wash and the weather still hasn't cleared up enough for exterior pictures.

So here we go:

Name:  My new 750i individual 07.jpg
Views: 5383
Size:  377.5 KB

Name:  My new 750i individual 08.jpg
Views: 5687
Size:  309.6 KB

Name:  My new 750i individual 09.jpg
Views: 7323
Size:  331.2 KB

Name:  My new 750i individual 10.jpg
Views: 10888
Size:  434.0 KB

Name:  My new 750i individual 11.jpg
Views: 4610
Size:  487.8 KB

Name:  My new 750i individual 12.jpg
Views: 5622
Size:  357.2 KB

Name:  My new 750i individual 13.jpg
Views: 3551
Size:  401.2 KB

Name:  My new 750i individual 14.jpg
Views: 4437
Size:  415.5 KB

Name:  My new 750i individual 15.jpg
Views: 3434
Size:  356.6 KB

Name:  My new 750i individual 16.jpg
Views: 4360
Size:  427.7 KB

Name:  My new 750i individual 17.jpg
Views: 10267
Size:  325.4 KB

Name:  My new 750i individual 18.jpg
Views: 5401
Size:  506.2 KB

Name:  My new 750i individual 19.jpg
Views: 5536
Size:  294.2 KB

Name:  My new 750i individual 20.jpg
Views: 3451
Size:  437.2 KB

Name:  My new 750i individual 21.jpg
Views: 3369
Size:  412.4 KB

Name:  My new 750i individual 22.jpg
Views: 4310
Size:  345.9 KB
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2009, 10:55 PM   #103
SpotM5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Terrific photos - I agree that the ceramic knobs look really nice and complement the interior well!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2009, 12:30 PM   #104
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Thanks guys.

The wife is doing fine now. She is taking it easy for a few days...

I do have to say that I love the looks of the ceramic controls. They add an extra touch of elegance to the interior!

There appears to be 3 controllers in the car. One for each of the displays as each screen can have a different view, perspective or scale of the navigation maps. The kids actually love watching the maps when we drive around It seems to amuse them quite a bit And they learn how to read maps at the same time !
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2009, 01:34 PM   #105
riazah
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 750 i and 2007 650 cic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
Thanks guys.

The wife is doing fine now. She is taking it easy for a few days...

I do have to say that I love the looks of the ceramic controls. They add an extra touch of elegance to the interior!

There appears to be 3 controllers in the car. One for each of the displays as each screen can have a different view, perspective or scale of the navigation maps. The kids actually love watching the maps when we drive around It seems to amuse them quite a bit And they learn how to read maps at the same time !
lovely interior...on my rear entertainment you can only watch the same thing on both the rear screens ...is this something different in canada
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2009, 08:58 PM   #106
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by riazah View Post
lovely interior...on my rear entertainment you can only watch the same thing on both the rear screens ...is this something different in canada
I believe in the US BMW currently only offers the standard rear seat entertainment system and in Canada we have the professional rear seat entertainment system. The difference is that the standard one comes with a remote control and two 8" screens and the professional version has a rear seat iDrive controller and two 9.2" screens.

The professional system does allow me to play different content on each screen. The CD/Multimedia option page shows me up to 8 sources. They are:

1: Rear seat DVD player
2 - 7: 6 Disc DVD changer
8: Dashboard DVD player

For example, you can play disc 3 out of the DVD changer on both rear screens or you could play disc 3 say on the right screen and either a DVD from the dashboard or rear DVD player on the left screen. If the DVD changers disc 3 is playing on the right screen and you select the DVD changers disc 4 for playback on the left screen, then the playback of disc 3 will stop and the changer will change to disc 4 and start playback of that disc on both screens. It makes sense as the DVD changer can only play one disc at a time.

In addition to the above 8 DVD source options, you can also select the rear left and right auxiliary inputs. So the total source inputs would be 10...

I think there may be more, I'm not to sure as I haven't spend that much time in the back seats yet

Now I found a rather peculiar software glitch in this system. If I select playback of a DVD changer disc on the left screen and have the wireless headphones enabled on the left side, then try to play back either the same or a different source on the right side screen AND try to enable the wireless headphone on the right side, the video does NOT seem to play on the right screen?!?

Really odd... same thing seems to happen if I try it the other way around (swap left to right). I already mentioned that to my dealership and I will go in tomorrow and show them what I found out.

Playback via the speakers works fine but as soon as I try to enable headphones on the second screen, that screen just doesn't display the video. Oddly enough, if I watch the video on the other screen, I can still use the controller (iDrive controller) switched to the side that doesn't display video to select options from the DVD menu... That is if they are set to play back the same video... As I said, a rather odd glitch...
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2009, 05:34 AM   #107
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

That is one beautiful interior. I for one will hold out until BMW NA offers these options. I once saw a Bentkey Muliner all black interior with piano black wood that was absolutely stunning. I would like the 7 interior with piano black wood and black seats, but this unfortunaely is not offered in the US.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2009, 02:18 PM   #108
mtechnik3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Congrats...enjoy in good health.

At my local dealer (Hendrick BMW) I sat in a 750 Individual with the same color combo as yours. The build quality and attention to detail is impeccable. Just beautiful!
      07-12-2009, 12:25 PM   #109
Spiroman
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall View Post
That is one beautiful interior. I for one will hold out until BMW NA offers these options. I once saw a Bentkey Muliner all black interior with piano black wood that was absolutely stunning. I would like the 7 interior with piano black wood and black seats, but this unfortunaely is not offered in the US.
I agree it is a stunning combination and I believe it is available in the U.S. If you go to the configurator on the www.bmwusa.com website you will be able to configure your 7er with black extended nappa leather interior and piano black trim which is one of the Individual choices. There will likely be a special order charge in addition to the cost of the piano black trim (I figure between about $1,500-$2,000 extra), but your dealer should be able to do it!

Best regards.

Spiroman
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 03:57 AM   #110
Ace7
Rep
Drives: AW E65/JB E92 M3

Excellent interior combo you've got. The piano black trim and white leather is a great contrast. Congratulations.
Appreciate 0