BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

03-23-2024, 01:19 AM   #1
Bible
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 740Le

Hello everybody and greetings from finland.

My -19 740Le xdrive has some strange issues. Last weekend I drove home from work and charged my car for 30mins. I tried to start it but all possible errors occured 16 if I recall. The charging port blinked red and said cannot charge. I restarted the car and the errors disappeared the charging started to work normally but even when i disconnect the charging wire, the car is stuck in charging mode. I cant use edrive options. The petrol engine neither the hybrid engine starts.

I cant switch gears nor do anything. Only way to get the car to work is to plug obd device to obd port and choose G12 from there and it works, i dont even have to run diagnostics. I diagnosed the car and thought it was somekind of bug.

2 days later the error occured while driving. I had to plug the obd device again this time I did not run diagnostics so i could drive the car on a tow truck that took it to the dealer. Now at the dealer it works normally and does not give any errors even they try to run diagnostics. Can anyone explain this? I have to just wait for the next time to this occur and let the dealer run remote diagnostics?

Dealer checked the battery and said it was okay. The car has only 80,000 km on it. And I have battery warranty buy they suspected somekind of bus problem..

Thanks for answers
Appreciate 0