BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-27-2016, 12:15 PM   #45
natedog7700
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 335i RB's 625whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
Didn't think you'd all feel this strongly about not using valet... Valet all the time, always have... End of the day, it's just a car... Plus, around these parts, M3/M4 is pretty much a Honda Accord... Whenever I leave the house, within 10 minutes I'll see a handful...

That said, never had an issue with utilizing valet... Back east, would rather parking garage / valet because I guarantee you that your chances of getting damage to your car from street parking is far higher than valet... Here in LA, even the farmer's market has valet parking... Sometimes it makes these kids days when they see you pull in and don't act like you're driving a koenigsegg... Most places I frequent like particular restaurants or even the gym will remember me and go out of their way to make sure nothing happens to my cars... Either parked up front or away from pedestrians... *shrugs - depends where you live I suppose... Not as many options for self parking in NYC or LA as it is... That and if you take care of them, they'll remember or leave it in some prime parking spot...

I'm not sure I would use airport valet... They kind of know you're not coming back for awhile...
I wish i could say the same lol
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 12:16 PM   #46
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Didn't think you'd all feel this strongly about not using valet... Valet all the time, always have... End of the day, it's just a car... Plus, around these parts, M3/M4 is pretty much a Honda Accord... Whenever I leave the house, within 10 minutes I'll see a handful...

That said, never had an issue with utilizing valet... Back east, would rather parking garage / valet because I guarantee you that your chances of getting damage to your car from street parking is far higher than valet... Here in LA, even the farmer's market has valet parking... Sometimes it makes these kids days when they see you pull in and don't act like you're driving a koenigsegg... Most places I frequent like particular restaurants or even the gym will remember me and go out of their way to make sure nothing happens to my cars... Either parked up front or away from pedestrians... *shrugs - depends where you live I suppose... Not as many options for self parking in NYC or LA as it is... That and if you take care of them, they'll remember or leave it in some prime parking spot...

I'm not sure I would use airport valet... They kind of know you're not coming back for awhile...

The only time i worried about it was when they have to leave the property with it. Being so low was the issue there, just too much of a head ache to remedy should they damage something.

But i almost always gave them a couple dollars when i pulled in and ask if they can keep it up front. Every time i've done that it's parked right up front with the exotics when i come out of the restaurant. Give them another couple dollars and everyone is happy.
      06-27-2016, 12:19 PM   #47
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:

Pfft. You're strategy is backward. I just look them in the eye and talk really slowly and let them know that this car is worth more than they make because I am a superior human being that has realized the American dream and that if they work hard and apply themselves they too could have it - one day - unless they keep parking cars for a living. Condescension makes for a GREAT precursor to awesome customer service. One time, they even helpfully informed me that a street person seemed to have defecated in my car while it was parked at their establishment. Super helpful! I told him if he keeps that sort of thing up he could be a bus boy one day
      06-27-2016, 12:22 PM   #48
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Pfft. You're strategy is backward. I just look them in the eye and talk really slowly and let them know that this car is worth more than they make because I am a superior human being that has realized the American dream and that if they work hard and apply themselves they too could have it - one day - unless they keep parking cars for a living. Condescension makes for a GREAT precursor to awesome customer service. One time, they even helpfully informed me that a street person seemed to have defecated in my car while it was parked at their establishment. Super helpful! I told him if he keeps that sort of thing up he could be a bus boy one day
This is your best post, by far, on BP.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 1
      06-27-2016, 12:22 PM   #49
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
{Lot's of stuff}
Haha... love your updated location...
Attached Images

06-27-2016, 12:33 PM   #50
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl
Quote:

Can you still puff your chest out in the M2 though? It's a chick car from what I can tell... Even the driver's seat is angled and crooked to get out in heels a lot easier, no?
Appreciate 3
      06-27-2016, 12:50 PM   #51
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Can you still puff your chest out in the M2 though? It's a chick car from what I can tell... Even the driver's seat is angled and crooked to get out in heels a lot easier, no?
Haha... nicely played sir! I thought that the Californians actually influenced the design, since in CA, both the men and the women likely wear heels. Between the trans dudes trying to look like women and the Asians trying to be tall like men, there is a HUGE market for heels out there.

06-27-2016, 12:51 PM   #52
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Haha... nicely played sir! I thought that the Californians actually influenced the design, since in CA, both the men and the women likely wear heels. Between the trans dudes trying to look like women and the Asians trying to be tall like men, there is a HUGE market for heels out there.

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 12:57 PM   #53
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

So you're not Asian... Guess you fall under the trans category then? Hashtag team Caitlyn Jenner ? It's okay, we welcome all on the forums... Now I know why you always comment to your "son" about jacking heels from women's closets... All makes sense now...

"Heel - toe" just brought a whole new meaning from jtodd...
Appreciate 1
      06-27-2016, 01:01 PM   #54
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
So you're not Asian... Guess you fall under the trans category then? Hashtag team Caitlyn Jenner ? It's okay, we welcome all on the forums... Now I know why you always comment to your "son" about jacking heels from women's closets... All makes sense now...

Hey hey hey! When did he say that?!

I've been exposed.

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 01:04 PM   #55
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:

Excellent retort. I like it. I was going to keep the volley going, but even I felt bad after what I wrote. So I will concede this one... please don't tell my wife about the shoes....
      06-27-2016, 01:07 PM   #56
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Now your sig makes me look even worse.

Appreciate 1
      06-27-2016, 01:07 PM   #57
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Excellent retort. I like it. I was going to keep the volley going, but even I felt bad after what I wrote. So I will concede this one... please don't tell my wife about the shoes....
Just update us when your wife comes home and catches you in her fishnets and heels... Tell us the day you will be on jerry springer / Maury povich is all we ask...
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 01:08 PM   #58
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

But on a more cereal note... Thoughts on car? Good friend is bugging to do euro delivery with him and his soon to be ordered M2... Residuals are so frickin' terrible though...
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 01:10 PM   #59
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedog7700 View Post
I wish i could say the same lol
Just my .02, anytime someone states a M3/M4 is the same as an Accord, I find it arrogant. Even Trump would never say that. And he doesn't have the greatest understanding of everyday people.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 01:12 PM   #60
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
But on a more cereal note... Thoughts on car? Good friend is bugging to do euro delivery with him and his soon to be ordered M2... Residuals are so frickin' terrible though...
I actually like it. It is a really balanced car. Makes a great daily. It is not as brutally fast as the M4, obviously. And, once you get the E92 up to revs, it is more fun... but it is not that easy to keep it at revs in normal driving conditions. Honestly, I love the M2. It has just the right amount of power - it handles it well. I like small cars and it feels WAY smaller than that M4 does. I would definitely get one if you are thinking about it. I wouldn't pay way over list for it though.
      06-27-2016, 01:13 PM   #61
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
Just my .02, anytime someone states a M3/M4 is the same as an Accord, I find it arrogant. Even Trump would never say that. And he doesn't have the greatest understanding of everyday people.
I believe he meant that it is commonplace, like Accords are in most places.
      06-27-2016, 01:14 PM   #62
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
It's pretty funny when you actually say that to someone (you don't really do that). I said that to a PANYNJ police officer because he told my friend to get the **** outta here. She was asking for the elevator as she was in a wheelchair. I thought that what he did went beyond insensitivity and just wasn't going to let it go (I've always taken the NYC hero movie BS with a grain of salt).

I laid into him and got in his face and told him my sunglasses were more than a month's pay for him with overtime on Sundays. If this were the 80's I'd probably be going for a tune up, but he was a short dude with small feet
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 01:16 PM   #63
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
It's pretty funny when you actually say that to someone (you don't really do that). I said that to a PANYNJ police officer because he told my friend to get the **** outta here. She was asking for the elevator as she was in a wheelchair. I thought that what he did went beyond insensitivity and just wasn't going to let it go (I've always taken the NYC hero movie BS with a grain of salt).

I laid into him and got in his face and told him my sunglasses were more than a month's pay for him with overtime on Sundays. If this were the 80's I'd probably be going for a tune up, but he was a short dude with small feet
This may possibly be the absolute most awesome post to literally follow an accusation of arrogance ever! Haha..
      06-27-2016, 01:17 PM   #64
Reborn_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4MC

I had my M valeted just once, when regular parking was full. They parked it up front with the lambo's, so it was no big deal, and also made me feel awesome lol.

When we go to restaurants where I can expect valet only, I drive my 2003 Acura RSX with 230k miles and in need of a paint job. My friends think I'm crazy to purposefully drive the beater when going to a nice joint with valet.

I've also always wanted to ride my motorcycle and see how they would react to that. "Valet only" makes me unnecessarily angry.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 01:17 PM   #65
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
I believe he meant that it is commonplace, like Accords are in most places.
It's sad that this required an explanation.

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 01:19 PM   #66
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reborn_ View Post
I had my M valeted just once, when regular parking was full. They parked it up front with the lambo's, so it was no big deal, and also made me feel awesome lol.

When we go to restaurants where I can expect valet only, I drive my 2003 Acura RSX with 230k miles and in need of a paint job. My friends think I'm crazy to purposefully drive the beater when going to a nice joint with valet.
I'm with you there. Except when the lady is eyeing you as she watches the valet take your keys and head over to the exotics... then looks away and chuckles when he grabs your M from between the Lambo and the Ferrari! Haha...