BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

05-03-2015, 03:05 AM   #1
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Floyd Mayweather is just too good

I don't understand how the majority of people are so upset with the fight itself considering Floyd fought the same fight he had done 47 times before tonight.

If anything- people should be upset at Pacquiao that he didn't bring his A game- and if he did, then that's just a true testament to floyds defensive genius abilities.

Oh and I won 4800 bucks (48-0-0)
      05-03-2015, 05:51 AM   #2
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

I know what you mean. I will be honest and say that I did want Pac to win, but I had a feeling that Mayweather would take it because he is a machine.

I can definitely agree that Mayweather is an amazing fighter, but I wanted him to lose because I believe he could us a little humility.
      05-03-2015, 07:15 AM   #3
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSugarSkulls View Post
I don't understand how the majority of people are so upset with the fight itself considering Floyd fought the same fight he had done 47 times before tonight.

If anything- people should be upset at Pacquiao that he didn't bring his A game- and if he did, then that's just a true testament to floyds defensive genius abilities.

Oh and I won 4800 bucks (48-0-0)
Nice!
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2015, 10:27 AM   #4
Douche
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

How much did you bet? 50k?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2015, 10:29 AM   #5
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douche
How much did you bet? 50k?
Wasn't a Vegas bet.

It was a friend to friend bet who put heart over head.
      05-03-2015, 12:09 PM   #6
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

Quote:
Wasn't a Vegas bet.

Your local bookie?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2015, 12:24 PM   #7
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1.47fan
Quote:
Wasn't a Vegas bet.

Your local bookie?
Hahahahahahah "local bookie"

Yes, him. You better believe I'm going to show up to his place tomorrow like the IRS.

I was thinking of ordering some ADV1s for the new M6- considering the amount covers half the cost, now i can sleep easy at night doing so
      05-03-2015, 02:20 PM   #8
hongsc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

Congrats on the big win. I don't think most people are upset that he fought the "same" fight. It's the fact he won. I think a good amount of people wanted to see smug Mayweather finally lose to a "humble" fighter. I picked Mayweather to win but he's a or maybe the douche. Sorry to our very own Douche.
      05-03-2015, 02:40 PM   #9
richardbb85
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongsc View Post
Congrats on the big win. I don't think most people are upset that he fought the "same" fight. It's the fact he won. I think a good amount of people wanted to see smug Mayweather finally lose to a "humble" fighter. I picked Mayweather to win but he's a or maybe the douche. Sorry to our very own Douche.
and this is why he is a box office sellout, people including myself want to see him lose

would i pay for the ppv again? probably not, his style is too boring for me.
      05-03-2015, 02:43 PM   #10
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hongsc
I can compartmentalize Floyd the person and Floyd the boxer though (that's why I've never rooted against him). Whatever his act/persona is outside the ring, I agree- a total douche that makes our fellow Douche of the off topic forums look like a nice guy- but as a boxer, he's just too skilled.

Most people prefer the unskilled fighters who rely on standing and fighting, rather than hitting and avoid getting hit.

While I do enjoy a good slugfest (Provodnikov/Matthyse anyone?) I can appreciate Mayweathers style because it's as pure of a boxer as it gets.
      05-03-2015, 03:09 PM   #11
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Appreciate 4
      05-03-2015, 11:12 PM   #12
Douche
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongsc
No offence taken.
I wish I had that kind of cash at hand though. Gotta be extra douchey to get there.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2015, 11:37 PM   #13
Wes Howell
www.facebook.com/weshowellcreative
Rep
Drives: 2015 AW M4 Coupe Project Car

For a fight where Pacquiao was supposed to be the classy and humble one, his post fight comments were disappointing to me.

He lost the fight. Period. At the very least, he should have been a better sport about it. The interviewer kind of called him on it by asking him some pointed questions that he could not answer.

Kinda lame overall. I had hoped for more.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 12:42 AM   #14
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Howell View Post
For a fight where Pacquiao was supposed to be the classy and humble one, his post fight comments were disappointing to me.

He lost the fight. Period. At the very least, he should have been a better sport about it. The interviewer kind of called him on it by asking him some pointed questions that he could not answer.

Kinda lame overall. I had hoped for more.
I think the difference was their understanding of what it was they wanted to do.
Floyd just wanted to win technically and get paid.
Manny wanted to actually box, which involves actually taking risks to knock the other guy out, to put on a show for the audience. His record shows his style of fighting is what the sport of boxing should actually be whereas Floyd couldn't give a flying f*** what anyone watching thinks.

I just saw the clip with Floyd clammed up and Manny wacking him 10 times like a fly swatter. Lol - is it boring because neither of these guys possess enough power to actually hurt the other with these gloves?
Don't watch another fly weight bout again or lose the padding.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 01:05 AM   #15
adobeee
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X6 M50i

48-0 professionally, 53-0 if you count the women he sent to the ER. #mayweather
Appreciate 2
      05-04-2015, 09:55 AM   #16
gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 981 CS

Garage List
would have been nice if he at least put on a little show for that big paycheck. so much for this being the fight to put boxing back into the mainstream. people don't want to pay to watch someone run and just try to score a few points here and there.

he did win, he was very good at scoring points but that doesn't make it a good fight. it was a shitty fight that cost viewers tons of money. i'm not disappointing in him, i'm disappointing in the sport as a whole.

oh well. fvck um all.
      05-04-2015, 10:03 AM   #17
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtron
would have been nice if he at least put on a little show for that big paycheck. so much for this being the fight to put boxing back into the mainstream. people don't want to pay to watch someone run and just try to score a few points here and there.

he did win, he was very good at scoring points but that doesn't make it a good fight. it was a shitty fight that cost viewers tons of money. i'm not disappointing in him, i'm disappointing in the sport as a whole.

oh well. fvck um all.
That's the problem though. Those of us who followed Floyd for a long time know what to expect, so I didn't want him to do anything different, nor did I expect it. I expected a UD. Everyone who wanted more action or pressed for a slugfest obviously doesn't know his style and if this is their first time watching a Mayweather fight- then shame on you (not you but the public) for not doing the research. Pacquiao was the guy who was known as the "only fighter who could press Floyd into fighting a different fight". Clearly- wrong.

I live in Mexico City and LA, thankfully I just flew back to my condo in Mexico for another project so I didn't have to pay a dime for the fight since it was broadcasted on national television here for free
      05-04-2015, 10:28 AM   #18
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Floyd not only played his game to perfection, he also stopped Pac in his tracks. For Floyd to have more punches thrown than Pac is amazing stat.

It was amusing to hear the post-fight interview and how the guy couldn't believe that Pac thought he won.
Appreciate 1
      05-04-2015, 10:31 AM   #19
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede
Floyd not only played his game to perfection, he also stopped Pac in his tracks. For Floyd to have more punches thrown than Pac is amazing stat.

It was amusing to hear the post-fight interview and how the guy couldn't believe that Pac thought he won.
Not sure if you watch first take- but skip Bayless pretty much had a melt down this morning which made Max Kellermans interview with Pacquiao look rational lol. It was such a train wreck it was hilarious
      05-04-2015, 10:34 AM   #20
gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 981 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post

i think he felt that floyd was running from him so he should have lost because he wasn't the aggressor. i could be wrong but somethings get lost in translation. english is his second language and didn't really learn english well until recent years.
      05-04-2015, 01:12 PM   #21
Myrder
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i MSport 6MT LMB

Quote:
I can compartmentalize Floyd the person and Floyd the boxer though (that's why I've never rooted against him). Whatever his act/persona is outside the ring, I agree- a total douche that makes our fellow Douche of the off topic forums look like a nice guy- but as a boxer, he's just too skilled.

Most people prefer the unskilled fighters who rely on standing and fighting, rather than hitting and avoid getting hit.

While I do enjoy a good slugfest (Provodnikov/Matthyse anyone?) I can appreciate Mayweathers style because it's as pure of a boxer as it gets.
The problem is, he's the same person in and out of the ring.

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 01:21 PM   #22
Douche
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrder
Quote:

The problem is, he's the same person in and out of the ring.

Wow. Just wow.
Thanks for sharing this. Wow...
Appreciate 0