BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

07-01-2016, 06:00 PM   #1
WhiteTitan
Rep
Drives: 750i

Navigation/CD/Stereo/Phone failure...

I have noticed over the last few months that everything associated with my i-drive is failing more and more often. The screen goes black, stereo will not work, no parking sensors, no camera, no CD or phone. Initially it would only happen once a month, then week, then day, now it's constant.

I reset the system, which takes exactly 30 seconds holding the power/volume button, but then it fails again in exactly 60 seconds. If I do not attempt a reset, it stays dead for several minutes and tries to reload itself but fails, and cycle starts all over again.

The only observation that is odd, is the 6 disc cd changes looks for discs once I open the door to get in the car. I rarely use the disc player so removed the two discs that were in there. Then thought I'd load all six and see if it would somehow help--nothing. Does the same thing.

Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2016, 05:14 PM   #2
SchillerM
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11' 550i, '00 M5, '11 E90 335i

I know this is a different chassis.
My E39 (2000 M5) has similar issues in the heat, once it hit 95F+ here it started. Stuff will run for a few minutes then die. Turn on/off and it comes back for a few minutes. I trouble shot it to the NAV CD unit.

Anyways, is there any relationship to heat or something like that?
Try disconnecting DVD changer and keep trying devices until it stabilizes.
Matt
Appreciate 0