BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

11-14-2014, 09:04 AM   #67
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Finally got around to finishing the race last night. I thought it was one of the better races of the last few months. I love this crowd who says "Hamilton gave Rosberg the race by spinning." What a load of shit. If Hamilton is as good as everyone, including himself, thinks he is, he simply wouldn't have made the unforced error. He is easy frazzled and it shows. He is easily agitated and he is consistently the driver heard whining on the radio the most.

If you were to ask me, based only on interaction with the media and with his team, which driver grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth, I would certainly say Lewis. He's arrogant, entitled, and incredibly ungrateful.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 10:49 AM   #68
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
I wouldn't say Hamilton gave Rosberg the race. Like Riccairdo, you have to be there to seize the opportunity when your opponent messed up. Rosberg drove a solid race, ready to take the win whenever Hamilton messed up occasionally.

I kind of like the tension when Hamilton closing on Rosberg in the final stages.
But as far as race concern, seems Rosberg is not as good on the Prime tires compare to the options. Like in Austin, he was a bit slower than Hamilton on Prime tires, just like in Brazil where he almost blew a 7 second gap on Prime tires.

As far as wheel to wheel combat, Hamilton has the upperhand on Rosberg, but Rosberg will always be there to pounce when there's a slight opportunity.

Silver spoon debate again, I wouldn't say both of them. Probably cause Hamilton started in a championship winning McLaren in his debut year, but Rosberg started in a mediocre Williams. That would give an impression of Lewis was more fortunate.
And Rosberg, just because his "pretty boy" face. That would give me an impression that he should play Polo and gentlemen sports instead. LOL...j/k

Just one week to go to the final race.
      11-14-2014, 11:36 AM   #69
thebishman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘24 iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Finally got around to finishing the race last night. I thought it was one of the better races of the last few months. I love this crowd who says "Hamilton gave Rosberg the race by spinning." What a load of shit. If Hamilton is as good as everyone, including himself, thinks he is, he simply wouldn't have made the unforced error. He is easy frazzled and it shows. He is easily agitated and he is consistently the driver heard whining on the radio the most.

If you were to ask me, based only on interaction with the media and with his team, which driver grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth, I would certainly say Lewis. He's arrogant, entitled, and incredibly ungrateful.
You have no idea what you're talking about. Hamilton grew up the son of a postman who sacrificed a great deal to get his son into Karts and advance his racing career, including giving up his job iirc. If you think that's growing up with a "silver spoon" then you need to re-evaluate.

On track Lewis consistently places Rosberg under pressure and Rosberg generally folds. Unfortunately when the pits told Lewis it was hammer time, the tyres were only good for one balls out lap not two, and he span the car costing him the victory. Lewis is a much better driver than Rosberg and would have sown up the DC a few races ago if it wasn't for his DNF's and Rosberg's dumbass 'passing attempt' that put him out of a race without securing any points.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 11:42 AM   #70
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebishman View Post
You have no idea what you're talking about. Hamilton grew up the son of a postman who sacrificed a great deal to get his son into Karts and advance his racing career, including giving up his job iirc. If you think that's growing up with a "silver spoon" then you need to re-evaluate.
Part of the reason he got interested in racing and wanted to do well was to get out of the bad neighborhood they lived in that had drug dealers living across the street.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 12:30 PM   #71
Hobbe74
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F10 on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post

Word.
And his background doesn't seem especially rough or hard to me:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_Hamilton
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 12:41 PM   #72
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebishman View Post
I think you missed the point of my post. I know all about his upbringing but that's exactly my point - he's literally the opposite of humble. I said "based only on interaction with the media and with his team", meaning if you knew nothing about their upbringings and had to guess which grew up entitled. I actually find Rosberg comparatively down to earth, especially given his charmed childhood. Hamilton acts like he's royalty and he would be the first to tell you how great he is.

I grew up middle class and I sure as shit never got a go-kart when I was six so save me the "son of a postman" story. I think he had it pretty good. Sure, not nearly the life Nico had, but far from slumming.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0