BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

10-16-2016, 11:05 AM   #1
alfred1976
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E30

2017 BMW R nine T Racer Review - Video

2017 BMW R nine T Racer Review

Appreciate 1
angelr187.50
      10-16-2016, 11:31 AM   #2
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

its tough, the r9t or the 2017 Yamaha R6?
R9t is good looking - but like a thruxton hard on the wrist ?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2016, 08:24 PM   #3
flwbyu
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M Sport 6MT

These are two very different types of motorcycles. Both are in the same 600cc range but deliver the power very differently. The BMW R nine T Racer is part of the "Heritage" line which pays tribute to the old R90S. Which is very different from the Yamaha YZF-R6 which takes its DNA from the awesome YZF‑R1.

Keep in mind that Yamaha has won 21 AMA professional road racing titles over the last 13 years and will more than likely be showing the R6 next year at MotoAmerica Supersport series. A class which Yamaha already dominates.

I've been riding a BMW S1000RR for the last 5+ years almost every day. It has been one of the best motorcycles I have ever owned. I was looking at the Yamaha YZF‑R1M myself recently. Both of these companies are reputable and have history to back themselves up.

I guess I would be asking myself a couple of key questions –

1. What style of riding are you planning on doing? Casual, racing, group rides, etc..

2. Is this going to be a daily or weekend rider?

If I was looking for a casual, group ride, cafe style riding experience, I would definitely look at the BMW R nine T Racer. Although, as you mentioned there is nothing casual about the angles on the racer. If I was looking for something as an everyday or more aggressive style rider then I would go with the Yamaha YZF-R6. Just my 2 cents. ;-p
Appreciate 0